Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160213 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #480 on: October 05, 2016, 10:29:36 pm »

"Frankly whoever captured it was an idiot. Scouts are Supposed to check fauna for arcane traits. Looks like someone didn't."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 05, 2016, 10:31:12 pm »

It is a scary thought. Even more so when you think about how easily it took out most of our team. Also should we be worried about any after effects that might have been contracted by being it's presence?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 05, 2016, 10:33:31 pm »

"If you start vomiting black sludge then quarantine yourself and notify security. Otherwise no."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 05, 2016, 10:36:13 pm »

Ok. Thank you comrade. So how were your experiments going before you were called here?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 05, 2016, 10:37:36 pm »

"Frankly whoever captured it was an idiot. Scouts are Supposed to check fauna for arcane traits. Looks like someone didn't."

"Sounds like someone's going to get in a bit of trouble then. Good. I'd be more concerned but apparently having a bunch of screaming monkeys digging through your soul is a rather draining experience...Did you mean for the monkeys to be screaming or is that some part of it that you can't remove for whatever reason?"

Ok. Thank you comrade. So how were your experiments going before you were called here?

Ratodx perks up a small bit and is interested. Experiments were always fun to hear about.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 05, 2016, 10:43:01 pm »

"The monkeys screaming tends to have a psychological effect on entities and makes them more compliant in further rituals involving additional screaming monkeys. A good example of this is E003. However keep in mind this goes both ways. E003 Really does not like monkeys. Don't bring them up when interacting with him unless you want your legs to turn into cheese."

"As for the experiments. Managed to get a cat-human amalgam capable of speech. Vahlen is doing.. Something with it. Probably cutting it open. Next step is coherent thought processes and then cosmetic bits. The other thing that was requested was requested by Magi Zachary. Who wanted a Gaian Wasp-Human amalgam. Didn't have time to make that before getting paged for this incident."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 05, 2016, 10:52:25 pm »

That is interesting! Do you have any specific ideas about what you want the amalgams to be used for once you advance your research or are you pursuing this purely for the sake of knowledge?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 05, 2016, 10:55:12 pm »

"Nope. I don't expect anything beyond knowledge from the endeavor. If I happen to make something useful or entertaining as a byproduct then that's a bonus."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 05, 2016, 11:00:08 pm »

Understandable. Knowledge is something that should be pursued even if there isn't always a physical reward for it. I find that gaining knowledge for the sake of knowledge can be and is enjoyable at times. Have you thought about fusing anything else with a human or maybe fusing two animals?

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 05, 2016, 11:01:15 pm »

"The monkeys screaming tends to have a psychological effect on entities and makes them more compliant in further rituals involving additional screaming monkeys. A good example of this is E003. However keep in mind this goes both ways. E003 Really does not like monkeys. Don't bring them up when interacting with him unless you want your legs to turn into cheese."

"Noted. Unpleasant but noted. I'll have to see if there's any gear that'll help keep things out so less entities need to be traumatised so."

"As for the experiments. Managed to get a cat-human amalgam capable of speech. Vahlen is doing.. Something with it. Probably cutting it open. Next step is coherent thought processes and then cosmetic bits. The other thing that was requested was requested by Magi Zachary. Who wanted a Gaian Wasp-Human amalgam. Didn't have time to make that before getting paged for this incident."
"Nope. I don't expect anything beyond knowledge from the endeavor. If I happen to make something useful or entertaining as a byproduct then that's a bonus."
"Sounds about right for an experiment. I wonder if they'll end up replacing monkeys..."

"If it's the type of Wasp I'm thinkin of, I hope you have some built in kill switches planned. I'd rather not see the buggers get any ideas about new breeds.

"So you're one of the ones who uses this 'Arendee' thing, right? Any ideas on when entry level Gaians like us will have a chance to check it out? Amadou mentioned it when we were first being briefed and it sounds like a place I'd like to check out, when Akras gives the go ahead o'course."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 05, 2016, 11:05:35 pm »

"Yes. I have a number of ideas for amalgams."

"They are the type of wasp you're thinking of. We also already have a permanent solution to the problem of their hivemind in mind. Can you say lobotomized Wasp brains in jars that can only feel pain? Cause that's a damn efficient way to keep them out of our hair."

"You'll likely have access to R&D once you cover basic electronics safety courses. So give it a couple days at most."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 05, 2016, 11:09:42 pm »

May I ask how far you are into your self study of magic? How many kinds of magic have you studied?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 05, 2016, 11:15:00 pm »

"Primarily Occultism."

"Specific schools I'm capable of casting in include Ritualism with a primary focus on Warding and secondary focuses on Binding and Sealing. Enchanting with a focus on Souls. Necromancy with a primary focus on Souls and a secondary focus on Flesh. And Biomancy with a focus on Transformation and a secondary focus of Mending."

"I Have studied several other forms however I have yet to get around to learning them."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 05, 2016, 11:15:57 pm »

"They are the type of wasp you're thinking of. We also already have a permanent solution to the problem of their hivemind in mind. Can you say lobotomized Wasp brains in jars that can only feel pain? Cause that's a damn efficient way to keep them out of our hair."

"You'll likely have access to R&D once you cover basic electronics safety courses. So give it a couple days at most."

"That- sounds delightfully effective. I'd love to be part of one of the fifth contact teams for extermination, if they haven't been field tested already."

"Heh. Well I should have a leg up if learning by doing means anything. 'Don't explode microwaves' should be a good lesson point."

May I ask how far you are into your self study of magic? How many kinds of magic have you studied?

Ratodx is about content question wise (unless military grade lasers are brought up somehow) and sets to listen and make internal notes. Magi Tal looks to be one of the bigger bosses and knowledge has quite a few uses.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 05, 2016, 11:20:38 pm »

Well I must say that your education is much more vast than mine is. All the more reason to learn! After this if or when we meet again it would be nice to discuss your research into fusing living things once you are farther along into it. Are you researching anything else or are you focusing on your current studies?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 201