Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160315 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #315 on: October 02, 2016, 08:01:32 pm »

Melnakos will attempt to move a bit closer. He will also try to be ready to stop and move back if it has a negative reaction.

By body language alone, Khaiden sees that while communication has failed, a nonviolent solution might still be possible. It's better not to damage company property after all.

"Any ideas on containment?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 02, 2016, 08:09:10 pm »

Who all is still in the elevator? Or directly outside it?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:43 pm »

Khaiden is standing so he can be in one or the other in as little time as possible. He knows he won't be much good for this, so he wants open escape routes. He'll provide support until then.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 02, 2016, 08:15:55 pm »

Dexter is still in the elevator, as he didn't want to startle the creature with and sudden movements.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2016, 08:17:07 pm »

"Security dispatch, can you cordon us and shut off the alarm? Also please advise on how the creature was captured and brought unharmed. Over."
Wait and see if the elf manages to make the creature follow it. Be prepared to shoot if it turns hostile.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:18:40 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2016, 08:28:37 pm »

Ratodx has been following behind Amadou due to my inability to compose a post these past some hours. So wherever Amadou is, minus a few feet unless that would place me next to Mister Fuzzy Goat.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2016, 08:36:32 pm »

Reserti's in the elevator
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 02, 2016, 09:32:45 pm »

Is Amadou in the Elevator or near it?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2016, 09:54:58 pm »

"Ratodx, follow me; the others close the formation's rear. Let's try to shepherd the creature down the stairwell."

Amadou will try to move around Melnakos and 621 and gesture him to lead this way. If it works, he'll whisper on the security channel:

Amadou and Ratodx left the elevator and went past 621, intending to show Melnakos and the creature the way to the stairway.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:57:10 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2016, 10:09:57 pm »

Ratodx intended to stay close to the guy who can do magic healing as well as have someone larger than himself to hide behind in a worst case situation, but same dif.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2016, 10:18:38 pm »

((To bad nobody here does any real melee. . . .  Vigil would have had fun with them. Either way, I am watching this gate team, now.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 02, 2016, 11:08:56 pm »

++Armed unarmored bipeds, semi-guarded.++

++Visible weapons, rudimentary muscle-powered projectile throwers and unknown type++

++light clothing, possibly padded, potentially warded, exposed at neck and joints++

++Smooth floor; reduced traction. Leather boots; untreaded; unsuited for combat++

++Helmets; none. minimal endoskeletal protection++

++Weapons semi-readied; estimated draw-time 1 - 2 seconds++

++Small and Narrow passageway, underground, retreat and escape unlikely++

++Two behind, one unarmed ahead in close proximity. Reminder further ahead++

++Contact++

--

Before Amadou gets any update on how the capture went, the Creature shifted slightly back, a foot step behind and another step forth, Melnakos was already moving back, but he wasn't fast enough. Rather the creature had incredible speed, by the time Melnakos took a step back, 621 already have itself bent down and uses it's feet to launch itself forward, head-butting the Elf square in the center mass. The force behind it was enough to crack the floor tile underneath it's feet as the unfortunate elf was sent flying back, who then crashes into Dexter, Reserti and finally with Khaiden.

There was a chorus of snaps and unhealthy crunches as three bodies smash into the metal back end of the elevator hard enough to make an indent. Dexter's earthen spear dropped to the ground while Reserti's half-readied arrows digs into his back, went all the way through and bursts out from just underneath his ribs.

It's been 2 seconds into the engagement and over half of the team is downed and tangled, until a doctor or Amadou get to assess their damages, nobody really knows how bad everyone is hurt. In Amadou's educated guess, there's definitely going to be internal bleedings, broken bones and ribs, especially so with these delicate elves and unhealthy necromancer, that's not counting Reserti's arrow in Dexter either. Damned thing's brutal and acts like a hollow point bullet.

Dexter, Reserti, Khaiden and Melnakos are prone in the elevator, everything is pain and every moment of your continued existence is regret. You vaguely realize that there's an arrow stuck in Dexter, you're not sure where it's form, and you frankly don't care. Nothing in your body feels right and you can taste copper in your mouth and nose.

You thought the exploding microwave was painful.

That was literally nothing compared to this.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 11:56:30 pm by vkiNm »

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 02, 2016, 11:11:23 pm »

OOC:

I'm heading to bed. Sorry, but I'll pick this up tomorrow.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2016, 12:23:30 am »

First encounter character sheets have been gathered on the first page.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2016, 03:59:25 am »

"Target hostile, agents down inside the elevator. Someone below call the elevator NOW, take them out of here."
With the finger on the trigger, Amadou was ready to fire, and he does so while moving back towards an intersection to nullify the creature's ramming ability.
Once around the corner, if there is enough distance to bowl a grenade without blasting the elevator he'll do it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:06:29 am by Maegil »

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 201