Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159313 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad and the politically incorrect Vampires, Oh my!
« Reply #2895 on: February 11, 2017, 03:01:06 pm »

((I thought Bob was designated DE001?))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: February 11, 2017, 03:03:59 pm »

(I'll explain that over Discord better, but Entity-Demonic is better for categorizing and numbers tend to have some coincidences sometimes.)
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: February 11, 2017, 03:40:37 pm »

Vhan stores their equipment in their footlocker and takes a walk around the compound. Afterwards Vhan decides to climb on the roof of a building and enjoy the view.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 11, 2017, 03:58:18 pm »

Mako plugs herself into VR to get virtually shit-faced in a bar full of scantily clad women and men.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: February 11, 2017, 07:26:26 pm »

"Money was taken from me and the others to pay his debt. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I need that money for a new body or I will die. I can keep myself from dying short term by consuming souls, and I'm sure you don't want me resorting to such a drastic measure."
(How much was taken again?)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: February 12, 2017, 05:59:03 am »

Ratodx is obviously not impressed by the threats involved there and has not turned away from the screen in which he and pre-cyberdrunk Mako are composing the report.

"I am aware of those things. And as we have gone over before, Danh will be paying everyone back starting with whomever wants to be paid back first. You are the only one who has commented on wanting to be that person, so you will be paid first. Of course, Danh could decide to never transfer funds to you as both of you were continuously antagonistic to each other in the field to the point of near violence."

"But surely he values paying back debts more than he desires to screw you over." The sarcasm drips. "Which is to say, don't keep trying to provoke the man who's job description is 'I carry and fire the gun that levels buildings'. It will not end well. Fucking with squad members in general is a shit idea, and one that I had thought was understood as falling under Rule 1. If you need to get your jollys off on something, go check out some VR or join some classes so you can use the computers to learn which personnel are approved for terrorizing."

"If it really becomes an issue, you can just get some monkeys and eat monkey souls until you can buy a new body. You can apparently get them quite easily if what Amadou did a few days ago is of any indication."

(It was like 17ishC, I'll have the amount in full listed in the 003 report.)
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: February 12, 2017, 12:47:17 pm »

Khaiden walks off in silence.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: February 12, 2017, 02:16:31 pm »

Sadly, Danh needs money to buy real booze.
Sighing, he sit down in the nearest non-magi/medical/research room, takes his tablet out, and begins writing up a report.

This is Danh Loi's report on finger horrors.Gate Team 047. So we saw it's IR signature out in the darkness. Opened fire, obviously. The first volley was just small arms fire, and some magic shit one of the elves did. Didn't do jack shit either, it kept charging. So I loaded a 20mm HE underbarrel grenade into my 5.56 Stormatrooper LMG (which is a great gun), and fired at the thing. Only blew a chunk off. Then it clobbers one of these lizard this we summoned, it dies pretty much instantly, I think. At that point, it passed us, but turned around and began coming back for a second run. Everyone but me and the orc hit the deck, probably scared or something. I guess I can see why, it was one ugly-ass motherfucker. But yeah, the thing killed another lizard, and no one else got hurt. Seeing as grenades did nothing serious, I tell Ratodx to give me the gauss rifle. He does, I lock it into the brace, bam, fire. Rod hits the fucker dead-center, and it explodes. Apparently that thing can regenerate, even though it was basically mush, so Khaiden suggests the first and probably only thing that'll come out of that mouth of his. Burn it, so it can't regenerate. But of course, we have to take fucking samples. Samples this, samples that, they're not that fucking important. Apparently burning it would get it's ash everywhere, which would in turn mess us up, despite us having sealed gear. So now that this is probably regenerated, ready to destroy the next group that walks into that godforsaken forest. Samples are taken, then the goblin starts freaking out about the lizards. I guess whatever that thing kills, it infects or something? Kinda like that old American movie, The Thing. Anyway, we shoot at them for a bit, before Ratodx orders everyone to back up, and for me to underbarrel the two infected lizards. I do, and they both turn into mush. We move in after that, finally.
To end, I'd say gauss is most effective against these things. Bring one if you're going in. Well. What isn't gauss effective against? And I highly suggest it be made mandatory that every squad has someone who can efficiently operate a gauss, as well as have a gauss weapon of some sort.
Danh Loi, ending report.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: February 12, 2017, 02:41:05 pm »

"Ratodx, how would you feel about me writing a report on the ED005 incident? Akras might be interested in what actually happens to a person when that much power flows through them."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: February 12, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »

Khaiden uses the voice-recognition software to make a report on what he can contribute:
"The fog was highly-charged with necromantic energy and without my ability to see life-essence and souls we would have been lost. We ran into some kind of Undead covered in fingers, but managed to put it down by shooting it repeatedly. Either the fog healed it, it can regenerate, or it takes more than what we used to put it down permanently, but it started getting stronger again. Since it would be a waste of resources and not help the mission we chose to continue on. The vampires have a lot of very powerful necromancers among them, and it seems like they are joining Akras for fun, not gain. As such, I'd advise making sure they know what will happen if they cross Akras."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: February 13, 2017, 12:27:32 am »

After studying for a bit, Dexter decides to record a report on the incident with Bob.

"Ratodx, I just send you a report to review. Let me know if anything needs to be added or redacted."

((I made a slight retconn about what Dexter did to cope with the energy transfer to make it more dramatic. Hope you don't mind))

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: February 13, 2017, 09:20:20 am »

((Sorry, I've been busy as heck these past few days. I'll try to have all the posts I need to do finished by the end of today. Also gosh darn it guys, learn to write reports that put us in the best possible light  :P It's legitimately a valuable corporate skill IRL and in game it is how Foxhound got the cash and reputation to get where they are today.))

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: February 13, 2017, 09:28:48 am »

((That's who I sent it to Ratodx for approval. I personally am not sure how to phrase it in a positive light))

Glory to United Forenia!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: February 13, 2017, 10:15:46 am »

((Eh, what the heck, PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: February 13, 2017, 10:50:10 am »

((That's who I sent it to Ratodx for approval. I personally am not sure how to phrase it in a positive light))

((Two words. Blatent Lying.))
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 201