Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159351 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad and the politically incorrect Vampires, Oh my!
« Reply #2790 on: January 21, 2017, 07:13:07 pm »

"So ze first question is 'Vhy should ve care?' What could you possibly offer us that ve cannot acquire ourselves? Make us an offer."

The fruithatted vlad leans over and whispers something in the Lord of the Manor's ear.

Danh goes back to wandering and discovers a few more doors near the base of the stairs. One door behind the stair, one to the left of the stair, and one to the left of the door to the left.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: January 21, 2017, 07:16:26 pm »

Vhan turns external audio input back on

Comms:"The music doesn't stop." Vhan says a bit nervously."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: January 21, 2017, 07:17:02 pm »

Being bored, and confident that Ratodx and Co. have things under control, Danh tries approaching each door, starting with the one behind the stairs, and listening. Maybe they'd make some noise or something?

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: January 21, 2017, 08:53:09 pm »

To the Lord of the Manor: "Fair question. I don't know the full length of what you are able to acquire yourselves, so unless you have specific things in mind that you have desire of, I will suggest things that may interest you based off of what I do know."

"For those interested in swordsmenship and archery, we are able to provide nonmagical weaponry, in the shape and style of your liking, that are able to cut through most any nonmagical material that exists with next to no effort, as well as live opponents to test and train your skills against, to the point of lethal combat should that be your desire, with no long term risk to any of the involved parties due to Akras's resurrection rituals. We are able to provide video of such if you so request."

"Speaking of video, we have entire nations worth of stories, jokes, music, scientific research, and other types of media and knowledge in written, audio, visual, and interactive formats available, should such things interest you. For knowledge of a more Arcane nature, I would need to contact Akras for a full measure of what is and is not available for exchange. I do know that employment with Akras provides full access to such knowledge should one have Arcane ability."

"We can also provide transportation to outside of this planet's atmosphere for you to observe the world at your leisure."

"Beyond that, I would ask what is of interest to you so I may provide an assessment of Akras's ability to provide such things. Akras has a specialization in the production of organic and inorgantic goods, services, and machinery, if that assists with narrowing down areas of interest. If you like, I believe I have some videos of the various services and manufacturing capabilities that Akras is able to provide for your viewing."

"Also, while I remember, while my subordinate is enjoying the music they are hearing, they are slightly concerned that they are able to hear it in the first place. How is it that the hat is bypassing the Wards of their helmet?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: January 21, 2017, 08:57:25 pm »

Khaiden leans in and whispers to Ratodx.
"Also victims."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: January 21, 2017, 09:00:37 pm »

Ratodx is glad that he muted the externals of everyone but hisself earlier, because two people can't seem to remember to use their Mad God Damn comms. He is also thankful that the helps don't show facial expressions.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: January 21, 2017, 09:04:09 pm »

(Khaiden's not proficient with comm technology and has barely any experience. Rather than risk massing up he went with the tried and true "whisper in ear.")

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: January 21, 2017, 09:08:17 pm »

(We've used comms before, as well as private comms. Both Amadou and Mako went over how to use the comm systems with everyone. Currently, there's an open comm channel with the entire squad, so Danh should be hearing all of this.)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: January 21, 2017, 09:30:07 pm »

(Again, it would take too long for Khaiden to puzzle it out in this moment. He's acting on habit.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: January 21, 2017, 09:30:31 pm »

((It's literally a button.))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: January 21, 2017, 09:32:08 pm »

(Khaiden's acting on habit. I get it's a button. He's just started using comms.)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: January 21, 2017, 09:35:38 pm »

(Well, he muted all the persons so it isn't a problem. Seriously though Khaiden, for a mass murderer sociopath, you are attributing a lot more humanity to the beings that the vampires feed on than I expected. Plus, it wasn't offered because these people likely have all of their blood needs resolved, cause they've been around for a few centuries as vampires. So it'll need to be more than the usual livestock.

And fair, habit's a bastard to break. Though considering his solitary life style, I don't know who he'd be whispering to.)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: January 21, 2017, 09:40:39 pm »

(He occasionally got hired to kill somebody in a back alley. He'd sometimes kill the employer too. He mimics other people to fit in, and he saw this happen with the people he did have more than one encounter with. Usually it was someone asking the employer "are you sure you want to hire this (insert colloquialism for "psycho" here)?" As for calling them "victims," he's pretty much just calling them what people called his victims. Keep in mind he didn't really give much thought to things beyond the next few days until he joined Akras, so a larger vocabulary wasn't at the top of his to-do list.)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: January 22, 2017, 12:09:22 am »

(To be completely honest, I just assumed the translation program would do most of the work for this. Presumably, goblin languages don't even have the words for some of the things we're talking about.)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: January 23, 2017, 02:06:02 pm »

Mako nervously review the mission briefing to see what she could tell Ratodx what to offer.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 201