Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159354 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad and the politically incorrect Vampires, Oh my!
« Reply #2775 on: January 15, 2017, 09:51:27 pm »

The majority of the party sits down around the table. The assorted Probably Vampires observe them with varying levels of interest.

"The 'Bold may have an additional hat. Butler, if you would..?" The figure wearing the fruit hat asks. The skeleton in a tophat nods in an exaggerated and dignified manner before dashing back into the still open panel in the wall. Returning within moments with what appears to be a large loaf of bread shaped and carved to be a tophat. It then presents the breadhat to Vhan.

"Aaaanywhays. My vhivesday has been Absolutely Spectacular!" The popehatted vlad suddenly raising his voice midsentence. His right eye twitching. "How has yours been?"

Danh wanders back downstairs. Because he's totally not scared of the literally bonkers vampires. Totes not scared. For reals.

He notices one of the doors that was closed while he was down here last time is now open. Through it he can see five skeletons wearing bowlers hats playing.. Some sort of card and dice game. They chitter at each other occasionally, which prompts a beep from the translator whenever they do so. Sometimes they push wooden discs around the table. Huh.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: January 15, 2017, 09:56:29 pm »

(Please tell me Danh isn't going to owe Khaiden more money.)
(Also, I'm not clear on the hats, can you give me a rundown?)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: January 15, 2017, 09:58:17 pm »

These skeletons were speaking some language?
And gambling?
Huh.
Neat.
He tries to see what the beeping translator says as he backs away from the door. Because, y'know, seems like a private thing.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 15, 2017, 10:02:25 pm »

((Quick rundown for the hats: Vampires are celebrating a "Fun Hat Fivesday" that appears to involve silly hats. Helmets appear to count for hats.))

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: January 15, 2017, 10:12:04 pm »

(Khaiden likes hats, but they're not good for combat.)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: January 16, 2017, 12:08:23 am »

To Fruit Vampire & Butler: "Thank you kindly."

To Pope Vampire: "It has been better than I originally expected, thank you for asking. Would you like to address why we came here today or would you prefer more pleasantries?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: January 16, 2017, 12:28:51 am »

Vhan nods appreciatively to the butler and fruit hat wearing one. Vhan examines the hat first admiring it and then excitingly puts on the hat and slightly wags their tail in excitement and happiness.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:34 pm »

Vhan equips her hat of bread, it appears to be quite bready and not at all crumbly. It is quite comfortable.

"Zhat vhould be a question for ze Lord of ze Manor." The popehatted vlad replies. He gestures at the vampire sitting at the head of the table. Whom is wearing a bowlers hat.

"Yes. Vhe may as vhell attempt to learn vhy you ignored the sign. Vhe did after all cover as many languages as vhe vhere avhare of."

"Vhy exactly are you here?"
The bowlers hat vlad states.

Danh checks his translator. It states it's about 80% done. According to the incomplete translation, the skeletons appear to be playing a weird mix of a board game involving property management, almost poker style gambling, and a checkers variant all in one. You have a feeling that they probably made it up at one point.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 20, 2017, 11:00:33 pm »

Khaiden's going to let somebody else do the diplomacy. It won't be on him if this fails.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 20, 2017, 11:03:17 pm »

Huh.
Weird.
Danh gives a small shrug, and goes back to wherever he was standing earlier, looking around the area more.
It was a nice mansion.
Too bad it's filled with beasts.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 20, 2017, 11:11:15 pm »

Dexter shifts slightly in his chair, as though he is uncomfortable. There is nothing wrong with the chair, of course, but they're at possibly the most dangerous point in the mission: convincing them to join.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: January 20, 2017, 11:31:10 pm »

To Pope Hat: "Thank you."

To the Lord of The Manor: "To start with the most direct answer, because our Employer, the organization known as Akras, instructed us to. Our Goal is to obtain knowledge about Vampires as well as any additional knowledge we are able to acquire. In exchange for such knowledge, Akras is willing to provide goods, services, entertainment, and materials that are quite frankly otherwise not available on this World. Following, Akras is also interested in learning about the Divinity that is worshipped here, and may be willing to provide Devout Worshippers, but that is peripheral to the objective given to us at this time."

"For specifically why we ignored the sign, besides the fact that we did not know any of the languages on there and our translation equipment was only partially able to translate it, we knocked and were let in. Apologies about the suits of armor and the skeletons contained therein, any damages will be able to be repaired at Akras's expense."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: January 21, 2017, 03:00:30 am »

Over Comms: "A song just started playing when I put the hat on. Should i be worried? It's kinda good."

Vhan starts to bob their head to the music and sways a bit, while swaying their legs to the song

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: January 21, 2017, 04:48:42 pm »

Over comms: "Mute your external audio input to see if that stops it. If not, we'll ask our hosts about it."

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: January 21, 2017, 06:12:24 pm »

Vhan mutes their external audio input
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 201