Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159374 times)

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad and the politically incorrect Vampires, Oh my!
« Reply #2715 on: January 09, 2017, 11:11:44 pm »

"We should keep an eye open. I think there might be multiple secret passages in this manor."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 10, 2017, 01:17:44 am »

Ratodx shrugs at the SkeleButler's indifference to his attempts to communicate and does a scan around.

"I don't think it would be a good idea to linger too long now that we're inside."
"I'd advise we follow it's instruction. Orders?"
"We should keep an eye open. I think there might be multiple secret passages in this manor."

"Indeed Dexter. We'll do a scan around before heading upwards. Melnakos, take another crack at those Wards, see if you can figure out what they do specifically. They still on everything? Mako, Khaiden, what do you have scan and Soul Sight wise? Make sure to check above, below, and around. Vhan, if you could mark off those passages over HUD?"

If no new intel is provided, we'll head upstairs.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 10, 2017, 07:55:20 am »

Khaiden checks check above, below, and around with Soul Vision.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 10, 2017, 08:24:16 am »

Mel still is getting nothing from the wards. They're still on everything. There's a phrase from somewhere about trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Normal sensors pick up for the most part nothing, however sonar is noticing several sources of sound moving through the wall, possibly dragging something.

Vhan marks the probable passages on the HUDs.

Khaiden detects probably skeletons in most of the rooms nearby, he is receiving inconclusive data about upstairs and downstairs. He is not detecting anything in the walls.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 10, 2017, 08:30:50 am »

"Lots of skeleton undead in the nearby rooms, not sure about upstairs or downstairs, but I don't sense anything in the walls."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 10, 2017, 10:59:00 am »

Huh. Weird. Either the walls have wards to prevent Soul Sight, which begs more questions, or the things in there don't have Souls. Time to head up stairs then. Usual amount of caution and such, make sure the walls along the stairs and the stairs themselves aren't trapped. Check up especially.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 10, 2017, 11:02:26 am »

Dexter heads up the stairs slowly
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 10, 2017, 11:59:33 am »

"Roger that sir."

Vhan heads up the stairs still looking for traps and anything that might be a secret passage and marks it all off.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 10, 2017, 07:20:46 pm »

Khaiden follows, as usual keeping someone else in harm's way if it should come to that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 11, 2017, 05:51:36 pm »

Vhan does not notice any traps. However the occasional probably passage is visible to their curious Kobold eyes. If this place wasn't full of undead and vampires it would probably make a great den with all the hidden passages and hideyholes around here.

The group arrives unhindered at the top of the stairs. A hallway extends to the left and right. The sounds of chattering in many languages can be heard from one of the hallway doors. Interestingly, the group's environmentally sealed armor is reading the temperature as comfortably warm compared to the first floor's below freezing temperatures.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: January 11, 2017, 05:52:32 pm »

"Orders? I'd advise diplomacy."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 11, 2017, 06:13:11 pm »

"Orders? I'd advise diplomacy."

"Do you advise anything else? Because you've said the same thing a few times."

Does the Drone work inside? Let's see if we're getting any additional data points for translator. Remember squad, comms only, don't directly respond to the Vampire Magic users.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 11, 2017, 06:17:39 pm »

The Drone works inside. The translator is working, it pings occasionally as it acquires data.

If Bob is to be believed, Most, if not all of the Vampires are magic users to some extent.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 11, 2017, 06:22:40 pm »

Indeed, that's the point. Though a reminder that the orders are meant as, talk to Ratodx for whatever commentary you have or want to share to the Vampires.

How long til the translator is finished?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 11, 2017, 06:24:28 pm »

"Do you advise anything else? Because you've said the same thing a few times."

"Heh, I was just thinking the same thing."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 201