Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160337 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2016, 09:31:09 pm »

((After a quick search it does look like him, but the photo doesn't show the telltale interlocking mandibles.))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2016, 09:32:40 pm »

Some rug fashionista blogger with a an alligator. What about it?

a) alligator b)crocodile

((Damn, I guess it was the wrong link. It was supposed to be a picture of Steve Irwin, but my phone doesn't to image links I guess))

((It is Irwin, that's the joke.))

((Damn you Maegil, you've made a fool of me))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2016, 09:33:16 pm »

Some rug fashionista blogger with a an alligator. What about it?

a) alligator b)crocodile

((Damn, I guess it was the wrong link. It was supposed to be a picture of Steve Irwin, but my phone doesn't to image links I guess))

((It is Irwin, that's the joke.))

How Khaiden will remember it: https://pics.onsizzle.com/Facebook-Just-so-you-know-Moo-nuckel-250d61.png
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2016, 09:39:09 pm »

((Since this doesn't have to do with anything ic shouldn't you move the discussion about Croc/Gators to ooc?))
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2016, 09:40:35 pm »

Akras isn't going to give anyone guns until they at least visit the shooting range and go through firearm safety training first. Amadou have already went through that training so he can get his gun.

No, they're not going to give the Gaian grenades either. You can have a first-aid kit, though. That's easy enough to use.

Security post says that Gaian Fauna Sample 00621 broke loose and it'd be really nice if you all go and help handle the thing before Akras decides that the whole spiral is lost.

An image file was sent from Security to Amadou's tablet. "This is it. You see it, you shoot it."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2016, 03:25:16 am »

Amadou asks to which floor should they go, thanks the security and heads to the elevator while searching for Gaian Fauna Sample 00621 on the database.
"So, what can you guys tell me about that thing?"

((EDIT: edited the magic skill on the character sheet to "Arcanism> Biomancy> Mending 1 -VH (4)"))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:35:55 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2016, 09:49:05 am »

Ratodx follows along into the elevator after Amadou, taking a peek at the tablet and sets to think if it looks like anything he knows about.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2016, 09:58:02 am »

Melnakos follows behind Amadou while also trying to remember if he knows what the creature is.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 02, 2016, 09:59:18 am »

Dexter curses himself as an idiot for not realizing that we had to go to it, not the other way around. He stops drawing his summoning circle.

I personally don't recognize it, mainly because I was never allowed to go on the hunting trips in account of all the hunters hated me.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2016, 12:27:54 pm »

Amadou asks to which floor should they go, thanks the security and heads to the elevator while searching for Gaian Fauna Sample 00621 on the database.
"So, what can you guys tell me about that thing?"

Details on Gaian Fauna Sample 00621 is still pretty bare, looks like they haven't gotten around to studying it yet in favor of studying other things that either came before it or was simply more interesting.

Capture reports says that the creature is passive through the entire process and did not give much trouble other than standing around staring at the Gate team and creeping them out. No ill side-effects either mundane or magical were detected from exposed Gate team, kept in standard Fauna containment unit.

Ratodx follows along into the elevator after Amadou, taking a peek at the tablet and sets to think if it looks like anything he knows about.

Ratodx recognize the thing to be similar if not the same as something that Gobbos call 'Weird horned goattroll thing.' There's many stories of glorious battle and many Gobbos being ate by the thing, though you're certain that it's mostly bullshit. Gobbo bards are very good at bullshitting, after all. They can make kicking an anthill sound like some epic castle-breaking siege.

Still, there's some recognition there. But you've personally never seen one yourself. Stories have one thing in common though, that it stares at you and it's pupil-less eyes creeps people the hell out. It NOT doing anything and just stand there silently somehow makes this worse.

Melnakos follows behind Amadou while also trying to remember if he knows what the creature is.

You recognize the creature as Fhaorn’Quessir, you've studied about them briefly during your studies in the arts of magic and have seen a few in your long life time going out and about. Legends has it that they are what happens when elves dabble too much in the arts of forbidden magic and gets their perfect, State-approved form warped into something twisted like the creature and their souls wrenched down to hell, leaving behind a strange, creepy husk.

To be fair, you probably should take whatever you learned from the priest with a pinch of salt no matter how insistent he is saying that that's really what it is.

Some of the more radical ideas says they're even guardians of the woods!

You've never had Fhaorn’Quessir before, eating them is unheard of and is probably very frowned upon.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2016, 12:42:18 pm »

Ah now I remember! It is a Fhaorn'Quessir. The priests say that it is what my kind who dabble in to much dark magic turn into but I don't think that is the truth. A small number of my kin suggest that they are guardians of the forest. Melnakos tries to remember more about the Fhaorn'Quessir such as if they are hostile or not and if they have any exploitable faults.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:44:27 pm by Prophet »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2016, 12:45:20 pm »

Ah now I remember! It is a Fhaorn'Quessir. The priests say that it is what my kind who dabble in to much dark magic turn into but I don't think that is the truth. A small number of my kin suggest that they are guardians of the forest. Melnakos tries to remember any thing else about the Fhaorn'Quessir such as if they are hostile or not and if they have any exploitable faults.

You don't recall your studies saying if it's hostile, dangerous or have specific weaknesses. They're rare enough that even Elves don't studies too much into it.

That, or it's because your society runs on Communism and education may or may not be deemed dangerous to society.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2016, 12:52:32 pm »

Well, this isn't a forest for it to guard, so let's just be done with it before it gets us killed.
Amadou calls the elevator; when it arrives he'll get everyone inside and press the button to the floor above the breach, thinking it better to go down the last floor by the stairs than having the doors open on the right floor and discovering the thing just outside in striking range.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2016, 12:57:15 pm »

Well we can hope it will be docile and let us contain it but I would rather we survive instead of it if it comes down to that choice.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2016, 01:17:50 pm »

"Are you volunteering to go talk to it so we don't have to kill it?"

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 201