Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159387 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad and the politically incorrect Vampires, Oh my!
« Reply #2670 on: December 31, 2016, 08:31:36 pm »

"With all due respect sir, that was what I was trying to say for you."

PM Reserti: "With all due respect, don't try to speak for me. The intentions underneath are appreciated, but part of being a leader includes being the one to reprimand misbehavior. Following that, stop threating your squad mates with violence. It's unprofessional and makes you look as potentially violent as Danh and Khaiden. If you are needed to shoot an arrow into someone, I will inform you of that need."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: December 31, 2016, 09:06:14 pm »

Vhan ignores the rest of the team's arguing and does a recheck at the mention of 003
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: December 31, 2016, 11:36:47 pm »

The armor flanks the hallway. One pair couple feet. Frankly you cannot enter without passing a pair of armors. For the sake of speeding things up cause you've all been diddling around by the door for the past several turns.. Lets just assume the lizard entered.

The lizard demonstrates the capacity to walk down the hallway, all the way to the door without being accosted by the armored figures. The armor does not react. Do you as a group enter?

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: December 31, 2016, 11:43:15 pm »

(Bed time for me, but Khaiden's going to be in position so there's a team member between him and any attacks.)
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:48 pm »

Well, we don't want to risk anything and armor isn't that expensive, with Akras being easily able to replace them. We'll have the Lizard return to us, assume a defensive position on the outside, and then toss a HE grenade in with it leaving the hand on the inside of the building, with the thrower retreating to a defensive position before it blows up. Regon can be the one to do it as he's the one most likely to survive if things go wrong.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: January 02, 2017, 10:52:23 pm »

"We are not blowing up this building until we've at least tried diplomacy. An Entity just complicates matters, it doesn't mean we should give up."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: January 02, 2017, 11:06:39 pm »

"We are not blowing up this building until we've at least tried diplomacy. An Entity just complicates matters, it doesn't mean we should give up."

"First, I am in Command. If I give the order to tear this building down to beyond its Foundation, then that is what we are doing. Second, do you see any vampires? As you yourself pointed out, those Skeletons are a potential threat. So we are Dealing with them. If the Vampires take issue, then we can compensate them for the Skeletons, Armor, Wards, and building sections we Destroyed. Understood?"

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: January 02, 2017, 11:10:26 pm »

Monotone: "You're in charge, what you say goes, I do as you say. Got it."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: January 02, 2017, 11:15:16 pm »

Monotone: "You're in charge, what you say goes, I do as you say. Got it."

PM: "Damn straight. Don't phrase things like you're in charge and I'll be less of a hard ass about things."

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: January 02, 2017, 11:19:02 pm »

"I honestly don't care how we do this as long as we succeed and I survive. As the leader that's your job."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: January 02, 2017, 11:26:54 pm »

"I honestly don't care how we do this as long as we succeed and I survive. As the leader that's your job."

PM: "And I do my jobs to the best of my ability. Unnecessary squad death is a failure of the job, so you won't have to worry about that part."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: January 03, 2017, 09:20:05 am »

The group takes cover. An HE grenade is primed and tossed.

5. It bounces. The sound of metal on stone.

4. It plinks against the leg of one of the Armors.

3. The grenade comes to a full stop.

2. Silence.

1. And..

1.. Something should have happened right?

1... There should be a boom.. Right?

Well that was anticlimatic. The ground didn't even shake.

The group looks up to see *Viza billowing from the door. Oh shit.

That's probably not supposed to happen. One smacks into Danh's faceplate before flying off.

The Mass of Viza clears shortly afterwards. Probably at least a few hundred of them. Flying unhindered off into the Dark, starless, hurricane force Silent Winds.

A lizard check later and it is discovered that no notable physical damage has occurred to the hallway innards. However the closest four Armors to the detonation appear to have toppled over, are glowing white hot, and appear to be partly melted. The walls, ceiling, and floors themselves near the detonation are glowing red hot but do not appear to be suffering any notable structural damage.

Huh.

*For those who didn't pay attention during the village encounter. Viza are basically giant flying leeches with bat wings and teeth. Commonly associated with Vampires. Ranging in size from dragonfly to small cat.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 09:27:43 am by Kevak »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: January 03, 2017, 02:55:58 pm »

Huh indeed. Sounds like their wards work for Kinetic energy but not Heat. Useful. And it cleared out those Viza which were hiding in there somehow. We'll wait for it to cool down in there and then head in. If a grenade doesn't activate the Skeletons then we might be fine. The lizard will lead us inside though, per usual.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: January 03, 2017, 04:28:42 pm »

"If the escaped Viza cause problems who's responsible? I'm not questioning your decision, I would not want those to be attacking me, but I'd advise we figure this out."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: January 03, 2017, 04:31:23 pm »

"If the escaped Viza cause problems who's responsible? I'm not questioning your decision, I would not want those to be attacking me, but I'd advise we figure this out."

Ratodx shrugs. "If someone can't deal with some sky leeches then that's on them, not us. And it's not like they'd do anything to any Akras personnel or holdings."
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 201