Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159413 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad and the politically incorrect Vampires, Oh my!
« Reply #2595 on: December 15, 2016, 01:23:27 am »

Ratodx makes several notes regarding team building exercises, the importance of not fucking with each other in the field, and Dexter's willingness to call people out on shit.

Reserti nudges Ratodx, "I suspect the answer is no, but you want me to put an arrow through Danh's knee?"

"Correct. Such an action would be unfortunate, in addition to an excess use of magic."

"Let's see, likely distraction, likely trap, likely hiding spots. Likely chance of us staying out here for the time being. Squad. We are going to wait for permission to enter. Check in over comms."

Using the Helmet Acoustics to project his voice into the house: "Hello! If you're able to understand me, please respond. We ask to speak with the Lord of this Manor."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: December 15, 2016, 03:37:09 am »

"Sir I think there might be wisps closing in on us."
Vhan turns away from the forest and takes a look at the hallway trying to see any traps or anything of importance
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: December 15, 2016, 06:02:34 am »

Mako makes a face like she is trying not to think about penguins.

"G-fucking-reat, these immortal fuckwits really love to wave their tongue and show off their centuries of language education. I'm not sure if we'll understand what they're saying, but maybe I could set up the translator to break their speech down into different pieces and translate them individually. There will be a lotta delay and we won't be able to use the translation in real-time, though."

Mako fiddled with the interface for a bit. "Assuming that's doable. Hell, I'm Terran, but I'm not really an IT expert.

Mako tries to see if it is possible to mod the translator. Preferably quickly and not involving her needing to use Assembly.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: December 15, 2016, 04:19:50 pm »

"Mako, if we can speak to at least one of them that Vampire can translate for the rest. Try to find the most common language used in there."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: December 15, 2016, 04:35:02 pm »

"The translator seems like it's working well enough as it is, we're just a bit far away from them for it to get more data. It'll do the most commonly used one first anyway because it has more data points to go off of."

Ratodx continues to wait for a response from the Manor as well as thinks up more ways to demonstrate that the previous shit will not fly.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: December 15, 2016, 05:38:09 pm »

For Non-Terran, it doesn't matter if you're a human or not, they don't care. You're all Gaian in Akras's eyes, and that means that the orientation guys makes it very clear that you must not fuck with the company. Do not steal from the company, do not try to harm the company, do not even try to run away with the company's stuff. The moment you signed that papers, your literal ass is the company's now. Try to start shit and you WILL be taken out the back and shot then have your body dissected for scientific purposes. They didn't give you any uniforms, but slapped a big patch onto your existing cloths with the same emblem/icon as their own, says it's Akras's logo and you're told to keep them on you and visible at all times.

Tolka would barely wait for the explanation to be finished before she signed quickly, practically vibrating with excitement. "Why would I starts shit? That wouldn't let me do any of the stuff I wanna!"

Then it's down to the showers, where you were sprayed by the mass with both hot and cold water using high-powered sprinklers, then air-dried for several minutes with turbines in the walls. It was very scary and confusing but you were assured that it's harmless and they just wanted to 'decontaminate' you, whatever that meant.

It was scary, mainly because of the noise. Well, that and she almost got blown away by the fans. Mostly though she was just amazed, looking towards the things blowing so much air. It was like they'd built a gale in a box! It.... also had the side effect of having her fur poof out adorably once she was dry.

Afterwards each one of you were led as four long lines through a building, the inside were the whitest and brightest you've ever experienced in your life, there were more humans there in white garbs and coats, wearing masks over their mouths and noses. Once it was your turn, you were told by the human in white to stick your arm inside some sort of an opening to a contraption, it was even scarier than the showers but they were at least honest and said that this is going to hurt. But it was for your own good as this will also vaccinate you to keep you from dying over modern super-evolved diseases.

"Well I guess.. ow! This isn't so... owie! So bad if it'll keep me healthy..."

The whole process only took five seconds, but boy did it hurt. Once it was done, you removed your arm from the contraption to find a new tattoo on it! They said this was to further identify you. You guess that must be right, since you've never seen such Tattoos before.

"Oh, wow! You changed my fur color? How'd you do that? That's all awesome! Can you make it other colors too? Or other designs? Is the symbols like some kindsa rune thing to keep me healthy?" Endless questions from the little kibbie, at least until someone told her to stop.

Once done, you were moved through to the next room inside the same building, which you admit is one of the largest structure you've ever seen in your life and it's still not even the biggest one inside the new compound. Each one of you were handed what looked like a shiny metal ingot about the size of your palm, but it's far too light to be metal. Then some sort of a small rectangular box of the same size, they're both very colourful to your eyes. With the Ingot having an image of an honestly delicious-looking soup with chunky meat cubes in it and the box an image of a translucent mug of sort with golden yellowish liquid inside, if it weren't for it being surrounded by apples, you might've been alarmed. It appears to come with it's own tube of sort and the top have a small target-like circle that seems weaker than the rest of the box itself. Of course, there are some sort of letters on them but you couldn't read Terran.
After you were handed the ingot and bar, you were ushered off and separated into groups and given designations. The PC are Designated Auxiliary Gate Team 47 or AGT.0047 and are told to remember it.
And this is where they said that you'll be meeting your Terran handlers, and will be where Terran PCs have been told to wait for their Auxiliary attachment.
Everyone is now together in the same spot inside the Logistics building, your first given task is to head to your assigned squad room, learn how to cook and consume the given ingot and box, familiarize yourselves with the equipment for general living inside said room such as the microwave, fridge, showers, sink, water boiler, etc and learn the layout between your squad room, the logistics building and mission control building. The Terran PCs are assigned with teaching your new Gaian squadmates how to live like a normal Terran human being. Your rooms are expected to stay relatively clean, laundry is twice a week and trash incineration is every sunday.
Post-Adjustment briefings starts tomorrow morning, do not be late.

"I won't be lates! Don't you worry at all! Tolka would bounce cheerfully, then start to poke around all the devices in the room, trying to figure out what did what... and sorely tempted to take some of it apart to really figure it out. But that make the people mad, so probably better to just fiddle with the buttons. Might help her figure out what the things she'd been given were too! Probably super ultra food things. These people had such fancy things. Would be soooo fun figuring everything out!

((I can change any or all if I messed something up. Or if the color is too eye gouging))
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: December 15, 2016, 05:44:41 pm »

((Color is fine for me))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: December 20, 2016, 02:49:37 am »

Ratodx shouts into the hallway.

There is no response, although the torchfires do flare an ethereal blue for a moment..

Mako finds that modifying the translator app, especially with her minimal coding skill would do fuck all. The issue is lack of datapoints. Not any software problem. Akras does not half ass its gear.

Vhan notices a sign hanging on the door at the end of the hallway. Although zooming in with her helmet, the translator app is having trouble parsing the words. It appears to be the same thing written over and over and over in many different languages. Something about 'Solicitors.' Huh.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: December 20, 2016, 09:47:48 pm »

"I get the feeling we're not welcome. We need a plan for going in while making sure they don't immediately attack. Mako does that thing let you translate what you say into something they'll understand?"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: December 20, 2016, 11:24:52 pm »

(Been busy, will be busy for the next 16 hours, short answer, yes, it's how we're all able to understand each other, it needs more data points to do the vampires. Night.)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2605 on: December 21, 2016, 12:28:39 am »

"Well... The door did open when we knocked. Uhh... We could send a lizard in, see what happens?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: December 21, 2016, 07:41:53 pm »

"Pretty sure they don't like visitors. It looks like the sign on the door says 'No Solicitors', but the app is having a hard time figuring it out."
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: December 21, 2016, 07:46:24 pm »

"What's a solicitor? It sounds like a polite word for something rude."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: December 22, 2016, 10:43:40 am »

Ratodx internally sighs. "Looks like there's nothing for it. Let's hope that the door opening is close enough to an invitation to count. Some last moment scans and then we'll be going in careful. Check the corners, ceilings, and behind doors when you can, but always stay together. And stay out of reach of those armor pieces."

We're grabbing some scans (checking across all spectrums) of those torches and the internals before heading in, assuming there isn't relevant data from the scans.. Lizard followed by the rest of us.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: December 22, 2016, 11:14:59 am »

Just PTWatching (i thought the notify option would show me any updates. but did nothing D=)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 201