Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159467 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2430 on: November 11, 2016, 03:11:26 pm »

"What part of "it's regenerating and will return to unlife soon" don't you understand? We take the samples, then make sure it doesn't come back."

"The part where we have two Gauss spikes left and as you've said, burning it to ash will get Necromantic ash on us and spread around in the general area, especially as we don't have a method to deal with it from a distance safely. It seems Mindless, so if we're able to make enough distance it won't come after us more likely than not. If it does come after us, then we have Gauss to bring it down again, at which point we'll either walk off again or figure out a safe way to finish it off. Perhaps being a Necromancer and this being an EnSouled Being, you might be able to do something about that."

((Seriously need to go do things now, bye.))
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 11, 2016, 03:15:12 pm »

"Take the samples and I'll try."

After the samples are taken Khaiden will try to remove the necromantic energies animating the finger monster.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 11, 2016, 09:29:29 pm »

I'll get the samples over here. Where shall we place them after they are over here comrade? Melnakos causes balls of earth to form around some of the severed bits of the monster and has them float over.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:33:04 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 11, 2016, 09:43:02 pm »

I'll get the samples over here. Where shall we place them after they are over here comrade? Melnakos causes balls of earth to form around some of the severed bits of the monster and has them float over.

"We have some sample bags here. Carefully place them inside, and then we'll put the bags inside of bags, and those bags inside of bags, to help prevent contact."

Ratodx sets up sample bags such that Melnakos can easily place the samples inside without anyone touching them.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 12, 2016, 12:38:19 am »

Vhan keeps watch while the samples are being collected
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 13, 2016, 02:08:06 pm »

Ratodx has a rather horrid thought.

"Squad, get eyes on the dead Lizards. Make sure there's space between us and them. Khaiden, check out the Lizards, they were touched by the hostile."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 16, 2016, 09:21:59 am »

"On it."

Dexter starts watching the lizards. If they start moving he will fire.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 16, 2016, 05:40:38 pm »

"Wait, I'm trying to keep it from regenerating by removing what's powering it."

After the samples are taken Khaiden will try to remove the necromantic energies animating the finger monster.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 16, 2016, 09:51:34 pm »

Flares are swapped out. The flickering light filling the clearing once more.

Mel takes samples relatively easily. Using Base Earth to move several severed Fingers into an environmentally sealed container.

Khaiden discovers that he cannot complexly manipulate the Creature from this range and with no skill in Flesh Based Necromancy.

He does notice however that something is.. Off with the dead lizard conjurations. Something Undead is Growing within them.

The group turns their eyes on the dead Lizards. Their forms begin to shift and twitch, as if something is trying to force its way out.

A Hand bursts through the skull of one dead Lizard.

Oh shit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 16, 2016, 10:13:32 pm »

"DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOU!"

Retreat a small distance and let Danh and his big guns handle this.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:02:00 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 16, 2016, 10:16:10 pm »

Khaiden moves away quickly.

"Burn them now!"

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 16, 2016, 10:16:46 pm »

((Please don't, you'll explode the Finger Horror and then bits of it will go everywhere. Bullets first, then we'll try other options. Working out the plan now over Discord. Currently it's shaped up to be "Bullets and then the 20mm if that doesn't work".

Also confirmed that fire will just make On Fire Finger Horrors, which will then be chasing after us.))

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 16, 2016, 10:25:20 pm »

"Squad. Very calmly, fill those fuckers with bullets. Not fire. Not grenades. Bullets. Center, fire on the one adjacent to you, Rear, fire down range at the furthest one, Front, pull back and select your targets as you like, but only use firearms. Danh, if bullets seem to not work, use the 20mm."

Ratodx then lines up the further Dead Lizard that is sooo going to become a Finger Horror with his SMG sights and does a steady stream of burst fire on it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:28:17 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: November 16, 2016, 10:27:03 pm »

Khaiden takes his time to aim and fire, recognizing that his lack of accuracy means he should conserve ammunition for the rest of the mission.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 16, 2016, 10:29:35 pm »

((I doubt inaccuracy will be a problem, we're like 10 meters away))

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 201