Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159600 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad Leg breaking and Vlad hunting, oh my!
« Reply #2115 on: October 28, 2016, 08:25:26 pm »

Melnakos sets up ritual circle for the conjuring then some wards around the circle.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 28, 2016, 08:28:06 pm »

Dexter takes Ratodx's suggestion and makes it a bowl of stew.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2117 on: October 28, 2016, 08:38:22 pm »

Reserti focuses his mind towards a spot about ten meters away, "hey Ratodx, watch!" He closes his eyes and recalls the sensation of instantaneous motion that he had experienced previously. He opens his eyes, somewhat surprised that he had actually done it again. "Actually, sir... this isn't entirely new. It's more of a recollection."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:47 pm »

Reserti focuses his mind towards a spot about ten meters away, "hey Ratodx, watch!" He closes his eyes and recalls the sensation of instantaneous motion that he had experienced previously. He opens his eyes, somewhat surprised that he had actually done it again. "Actually, sir... this isn't entirely new. It's more of a recollection."

Observing Reserti apparently spontaneously develop the ability to instantaneously move between places was something that made Ratodx regret that drinking on the job was a bad idea. Oh the headaches this will bring about.

"...Do you recollect what exactly the dangers involved in your shuffling about are?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 28, 2016, 08:48:34 pm »

The Kelpie made a happy Kelpie noise as it was offered a bowl of stew, the creature consumes it, bowl and all, before spitting the metal bowl out.

It then tries to nuzzle Dexter with it's muzzle.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 28, 2016, 08:58:57 pm »

"Heh. Good kelpie. You want some more stew?"

Dexter pets the kelpie
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:28:38 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2121 on: October 28, 2016, 09:04:28 pm »

"Not really? I mean, I haven't used it for a while. I haven't really needed to. I could never do it over and over in the span of seconds like I could with my bow, so I ended up not really practising it. I haven't tested it extensively, and I'm unsure whether or not I can use it on others. Dangers? I mean, I'm not entirely sure?"
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 28, 2016, 09:10:30 pm »

"Not really? I mean, I haven't used it for a while. I haven't really needed to. I could never do it over and over in the span of seconds like I could with my bow, so I ended up not really practising it. I haven't tested it extensively, and I'm unsure whether or not I can use it on others. Dangers? I mean, I'm not entirely sure?"

Ratodx sighs. It's become a rather familiar sight really. "Until we get this tested out you are not to use it in combat situations. I don't want you moving into some bullets or some asshole's sword on accident. Between then and now, play with it. Figure out what you can do. Don't do it towards people and make sure to keep your Akras Issued Armor, that we got for free, on. Make sure that your head is clear wherever you end up so you can comm in if you get stuck somewhere. Have fun."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 28, 2016, 09:23:03 pm »

Regon walks into barracks, stretches and turns towards Ratodx
"So uh, bozz, wot didya need?"
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2124 on: October 28, 2016, 09:25:17 pm »

Reserti rolls his eyes at Ratodx's response, "Sure, mum, I won't use it if it could save my life. I mean, it's not as though I couldn't get away from danger,now, is it? I mean, that would be so smart of me. And we all know that an 84 year-old Elf can't look after themself; It's not as if they're grown up or anything, is it?" he sasses before closing his eyes.

Reserti  focuses on his breathing, setting the ground just behind Regon into his mind's eye. He opened his real eyes and put his hand on Regon's shoulder, "Hey there Regon!"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:28:45 pm by Insanegame27 »

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 28, 2016, 09:36:24 pm »

"Oh, 'i pointi 'ead, strange 'avin' you greetin' me, 'owz it goin'?"
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 28, 2016, 09:43:51 pm »

Regon, Reserti and Ratodx, while talking, sees Dexter feeding and petting the Kelpie.

Which makes a happy Kelpie noise as it nuzzles into Dexter's hand more, black, sticky ichor-like substance wetting his hand, making stringy bridge between the Kelpie and his hand when he pulled away, though it wasn't quite sticky enough to completely stop him from moving his hand and arm around.

As Gaian, you're absolutely certain that if the Kelpie want, it can just make it very sticky and consume the Elf. It seems to not want to do that yet at least.

It's Ironic that this is also the same moment as Reserti talking about elves can't look after themselves.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2127 on: October 28, 2016, 09:45:04 pm »

"Do ya want me to try getting him out of there, mum?"

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 28, 2016, 09:48:26 pm »

"Man, you're kinda sticky buddy."

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 28, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »

Reserti rolls his eyes at Ratodx's response, "Sure, mum, I won't use it if it could save my life. I mean, it's not as though I couldn't get away from danger,now, is it? I mean, that would be so smart of me. And we all know that an 84 year-old Elf can't look after themself; It's not as if they're grown up or anything, is it?" he sasses before closing his eyes.

Reserti  focuses on his breathing, setting the ground just behind Regon into his mind's eye. He opened his real eyes and put his hand on Regon's shoulder, "Hey there Regon!"

Ratodx speaks very cheerfully. "I'm so glad you understand! 84 year old elves can't take care of themselves, which is why they're part of squads and communities. Because otherwise they die. And when they learn to move between two places and they don't understand how they do so? Well, doing so in a life threatening situation could be disastrous! I mean, what if that causes something to explode and then more people die? That would just be a mad god darn shame."

"Do ya want me to try getting him out of there, mum?"
"Man, you're kinda sticky buddy."

"Dexter, I want ya to step back some and see how far ya can get before ya can't go anymore. If it don't letcha go, Reserti, I want ya to do nothin while we get someone who knows how the fuck to handle one of these things."

Regon walks into barracks, stretches and turns towards Ratodx
"So uh, bozz, wot didya need?"

"We be needin to chat about ya magic cause I've got a few ideas and want to make sure that I undastand ya correct. So ye he a Shaman. Ya chat with da spirits, work wit da land, and can heal a good spot when needin. Can you call any animals to ya and encourage em ta do a thing or two? Are there other things you can do?"

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 201