Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159870 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1500 on: October 21, 2016, 09:09:09 am »

"Yup."
Danh begins scrolling through the options, searching for a resupply, and flashbangs for the squad.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 21, 2016, 09:50:43 am »

Nodding at Ratodx as they finish, Danh finishes up the final few edits suggested, and sends the transcript off, available in both it's original audio form (with certain comments redacted), or the audio in word form.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Just gonna say that the orc healed the Knight who murdered Amadou then let him go free after admitting he was going to organize a counterattack. The orc let the knight go. In full view of everyone. So Reserti gave chase. The report made it look like Reserti just went ham on a prisoner.))
Are you going to change it as requested or is it ready to be copied to the wiki?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 21, 2016, 11:17:09 am »

((Shoot it onto the wiki!))

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 21, 2016, 01:16:20 pm »

Thats one of the reasons I decided to cook. I figured food would help too.
"It should help some ya."

"Yup."
Danh begins scrolling through the options, searching for a resupply, and flashbangs for the squad.
"While I think of it, do you have any orders for over night? Should we use the VTOL to approach in the night and try to observe some data before 0800? Or are we going to wait for daybreak to ship out?"

"Yeah. I don't see any storm brewing anywhere else, which is suspicious because the storm I found would be strong enough to take down a plane..."
"Interesting. Good job on isolating where the target is, that'll save us a fair amount of time. Opinions on how the VTOL would manage in there?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 21, 2016, 02:16:29 pm »

"Beats me, boss. I didn't get close enough to take wind speed readings, and I have no idea about the model's capability. I'd say with a glance that it should be able to fly in there. Won't be a smooth ride, though."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 21, 2016, 02:24:27 pm »

Plopping his helmet on, Danh says onto comms, so that the VTOL crew will hear, "Loi here. Requesting VTOL transport to the general area of the manor. We can provide directions and all that."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 21, 2016, 02:25:21 pm »

Data from observation of storm is as follows:

The storm blocks fullspectrum visual observation, similar to Imp interference but a wider range of interference.
It's a Very turbulant storm.
There is visible lightning. It is the normal color of lightning.
Perimeter trees show signs of heavy water saturation.
It is likely Very dark under the cloud cover due to the full spectrum disruption.
It is unlikely that a VTOL capable aircraft or drone would be capable of flying within the storm, there are gale force winds, it's almost like a eyeless, miniature hurricane.
It appears to be constantly raining within the perimeter.
Frankly the storm is probably unnatural. No storm should reasonably exist like that.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 21, 2016, 02:42:56 pm »

Eurgh. Well at least the VTOL could take them close with all the blood. Then they'd take it along with them.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 21, 2016, 03:04:19 pm »

Having sent the requisition for an ammo restock, as well as flashbangs for the squad, along with his report, in order to get the credits to do so. If there is enough credits left, Danh spends the rest on a gauss rifle.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 21, 2016, 03:09:10 pm »

Vhan walks back into the barracks after a long walk in the forest. Looking quite tired, Vhan takes a quick shower and heads to bed.
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 21, 2016, 03:13:19 pm »

Khaiden walks in:

"Since we agreed to interview villagers, who do you think should do it? It should be a human since that's what they'll be comfortable with, but I'd have to take myself out of the candidate list due to them grouping Necromancers into 'non-human.'"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 21, 2016, 03:16:00 pm »

Relevant Intelligence recovered by Trained Operatives includes:

-That vampire's lived there since before the village was founded.
-That storm's been there since before the village was founded.
-There are several groups of sketchy robed people who regularly venture into the storm and leave without a scratch.
-Of the few adventurers who returned after venturing in, most were horribly maimed and had "NS" carved on their foreheads.
-Occasionally the storm decides to have green lightning. It's pretty rare but the village tends to see it as a good sign. It means there will be rainfall for the crops within the week.
-The Village has been around for 83 Terran Years.
-They don't have any specific calender system. They have a vague one based on the orbit of the moon and the general ambiant temperature.
Usually the most common green lightning is during the hot period.

Other, less related but potentially relevent data includes:
-On average, 1-2 children vanish from their beds per decade. No culprits have been found despite townwide, house to house searches.
-Bats are a common sight during the hot months.
-The graveyard is regularly pilfered by unknown groups. People stopped caring after it happened the first six times.
-Kelpie do not want anything to do with the forest the storm is covering.
-Oddly, there is far less swampland then would be expected in the local area from constant localized rainfall.
-One particularly intelligent troll passed through the town three decades ago. It mentioned it had an appointment at the Manor. However it apparently did not mean the town's Manor.
-There is a small black cat that has been around as long as anyone can remember. It tends to give the perception that it knows far more than it should.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 21, 2016, 03:23:52 pm »

"How hard do you think it would be to disguise Vhan as a child? With his knowledge of traps, he'd make good bait."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 21, 2016, 03:25:18 pm »

Danh shakes his head.
"Intelligence already got us covered. Sent over a bunch of info. Current plan is to wait for our supplies to drop, restock, get on the VTOL, and hoof it to the mansion, blood bribe in tow. And we're not gonna try tricks, we're gonna blow something up, inform this thing of it's options, and either take it back to the VTOL, or kill it. "

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 21, 2016, 03:27:27 pm »

"Wait, maybe the Vampire has accomplices. Or there's more than one. I'd advise we make absolutely sure we can't be flanked or otherwise caught off guard. Possibly by flattening the surrounding terrain."
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 201