Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34503 times)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #420 on: November 23, 2016, 08:05:16 am »

Awwww, snap, professions.

I'm concerned about the fluffit at F6, especially since carrying the logs might be considered a labor action?

Elfa moves to F5 and forages for white herbs. Continue research on Improved Foraging.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 23, 2016, 10:54:38 am »

Picking up and dropping are free actions, so I dropped them just in case. Supernerd, was it necessary?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 23, 2016, 11:56:25 am »

Easter Sunday moves to E7 E6 from G6. He then creates fur clothing out of fluffit fluff and the simple string. He uses the last remaining labor to forage for food/branches.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 12:41:14 pm by vishdafish »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 23, 2016, 12:26:43 pm »

Easter Sunday moves to E7 from G6, and checks the pit trap. He then creates fur clothing out of fluffit fluff and the simple string. He uses the last remaining labor to forage for food/branches.
You can't move that far in one turn
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 23, 2016, 12:44:52 pm »

You can move up to two sqares or one diagonal before OR after labour-consuming actions.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 24, 2016, 06:11:42 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Rule Change*
See the Inventory spoiler in the first post. You may now state where you believe that an item can be found (or any other relevant info you can think of) to add notes to the Inventory, but keep in mind that if the GM didn't add it, the information you add may be false.

*Fixes*
Went ahead and fixed the missed command to feed Libra more.

*Tip*
Free actions do NOT penalize combat.

Turn 29
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed. Imic is no longer among you, and the secrets of the Millstone research have been lost to you.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the farmland at F7 to collect 5 Love Berries. Research begins on the Green Thumb ability; however there are multiple missing prerequisites required to fully optimize this research. At three question marks, it is the most difficult research to date.

Asker of Questions moves 2 logs to F6, then attacks a Fluffit to deal 3 damage. This action adds 1 Fluffit Meat and 1 Fluffit Fluff to your inventory. Research on the Wall Section has been completed.

Elfa moves to F5 to forage for White Herbs. Unfortunately, no useful items have been found this time. There appears to be something fairly large in the water...

Easter Sunday moves to E6. A Fluffit Fur Clothing is created using Fluffit Fluff and Simple String. One unnamed branch is collected.

Sandy Questions moves to G7 and uses Deep Thinking.

Tal Questions rests and consumes 1 additional food to restore 2 health.

Libra Questions contributes 1 labor to the construction of the Paddy Field at F7.

There has been a confirmed Fluffit sighting at F7!

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:45:38 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 24, 2016, 06:29:01 pm »

Attract the Fluffit of F7 Tell Libra to harvest the farm on the same tile. Research mining
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:35:37 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 24, 2016, 07:26:56 pm »

Spoiler: Modify the inventory (click to show/hide)

Carry the logs from F6 and drop them off at F7. Put the second labour on the paddy, and harvest as much as possible from the berry farm using the tool.
Tell libra to always use tools unless there is a reason not to - they save work, so they're our friends.

Research the saw

Is a log also a single building material? How many boards can be made from one?
Animal taming appears to be a hard one... Lv 3 research, seriously?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:38:40 pm by Maegil »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 24, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »

Animal taming is not a level 3 research. The one that is level 3 is Green Thumb.
A log is a single building material.
No research on boards has been undertaken.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 25, 2016, 08:21:40 pm »

Easter Sunday forages with all his labor on F7. He then moves to E7 and checks the pit trap.  He continues researching animal taming.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 26, 2016, 06:10:04 am »

Hmm. Should I investigate the large object in the water? It could be good, or, like most things, it could try to kill me.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 26, 2016, 06:19:35 am »

A fishing rod and water skis are in order... ;)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 26, 2016, 07:52:06 am »

Maybe we should tackle it together, when we are better equipped? Alternatively, we can use a more devious method, like throw in piece/s of poisoned meat, or lure it out the water, where its combat ability will be reduced. Either way, I dont think you should investigate alone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 26, 2016, 05:24:34 pm »

Good call.
Elfa moves to F6 to forage for mushrooms. Still researching Improved Foraging.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 27, 2016, 05:13:46 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Rule Updates*
Non-existant/Non-discovered items cannot have player notes.

*Tip*
In the Inventory, anything after "PLAYER NOTES" has been added in by a player and not the GM. Many of these notes are either partially or completely misleading, so use that information at your own risk. Or maybe I am messing with you, but the point is that Player Notes are NOT fact checked by the GM.

Remember that you can work then move OR move then work. Don't expect to be able to work, then move, then work again. You also cannot move, work, then move again.

The most likely thing the GM is going to miss is updating character locations. It would be a good idea to specify where you are starting your turn in addition to where you are working.

Turn 30
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed.

Beatrix Purnima attempts to attract the Fluffit at F7. The Fluffit does not find her very attractive. Research begins on mining.

Asker of Questions moves to F7, contributing 1 labor to the Water Paddy and using the farming tool to collect 4 love berries. Research begins on the Saw, which is missing at least 1 pre-requisite research; reducing the research quality.

Easter Sunday moves to F7 and forages to collect 1 bloody thorns and 1 waterleaf. He also takes the first bloody thorn-related injury in a while; reducing his health by 1. He is unable to move to E7 this turn because he already moved prior to working. Research has been completed on Animal Taming.

Elfa moves to F6 and uses the mushroom gathering tool to collect 2 Unnamed Mushrooms.

Sandy questions has been killed by an unseen threat! There's at least one lesson to be learned from this.

Tal Questions scouts at F6 to discover a cave entrance!

Libra Questions uses a Love Berry gathering tool to collect 1 love berry and 1 unnamed green berry.

The Fluffits have not been causing any problems lately... Assuming of course that there aren't any at G7 where Sandy was last seen.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34