Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34507 times)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #405 on: November 21, 2016, 02:46:06 pm »

While they aren't in F7, you bring up a good point that we have to be on the same tile (or have that oratory ability) to communicate with the NPCs. Is anyone trying to travel to E7 to tell Sandy to get back here?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 21, 2016, 05:13:37 pm »

Somehow, I missed the part where you unrationed the love berries. As much as I like seeing you properly analyze your situation, apparently it wasn't your mistake. I'll get to updating.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 21, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »

so the loveberries were the mistake?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 21, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »

Well, that was the major mistake. There's still other mistakes though.
Edit: SOMEHOW it actually wouldn't even have been a critical error. The thought that you could actually have enough food did not actually occur to me as an actual possibility until I did the math myself.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:22:29 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 21, 2016, 05:27:42 pm »

OP was just messing with us to try to get us working together.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 21, 2016, 05:38:53 pm »

OP was just messing with us to try to get us working together.

Lets go with this. Its much less embarrassing than the real reason.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 21, 2016, 05:52:10 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Rule Update*

*Tip*
The most likely cause of research loss is having three projects open at a time, but neglecting a single one for a long period of time can also do it in.

The GM does not necessarily disapprove of, or even disagree with questionable solutions to problems that you may come up with. Except the really dumb ones.

Turn 27
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed. Imic takes 3 starvation damage, not being immedately removed from the game because I didn't get the confirmation from him directly.

Beatrix Purnima uses the farming tool to collect 5 love berries. Research begins on teaching.

Asker of Questions works on the farmland at F7 to increase its size back up to 6. Asker uses the Oratory ability to give instructions to Libra. Asker then sets an arrow on fire. The arrow is consumed by flames! Lack of research or work + combat penalty? Its hard to say exactly what went wrong. The GM isn't totally sure if you should have had the two logs in your inventory or not, but you get the benefit of the doubt and the logs are placed at F7.

Easter Sunday moves to G6 and uses the Stone Axe to collect 3 logs. Research on the Spiked Shield has been completed!

Elfa forages at F6 to collect 1 unknown feather and 1 yggdrasil branch.

Sandy Questions rests at E7 to regain 1 health.

Tal Questions moves to F5 to collect 1 white herb.

Libra uses the waterleaf gathering tool to collect 1 waterleaf from the Water Paddy.

It is discovered that Civilians have personalities which will greatly effect their behavior, as opposed to it being totally random.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:47:38 pm by Supernerd »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 21, 2016, 05:57:10 pm »

you messed up the "at g6 spoiler"

Harvest the farm on F7 with the farming tool. Research teaching.

also, i have the pm in which Imic told me he quit the game quoted here:
hey buddy, are you still interested in playing this? you've already missed one turn, and we want to know whether to wait for you.
I quit, mainly because it now takes me an age to find the thread in the depths of forum games and roleplayin'
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 21, 2016, 07:07:28 pm »

Dammit! TK the bonfire onto the furrits' nest bushes on F7; if it's too heavy TK whatever much I can. Burn motherfuckers!

Make another farming tool using the Yggdrasil branch and the vine grabber plate.
Feed Libra an extra berry and put her harvesting love berries with its gathering tool. Yell at Sandy over on E7 to come here and help her mother, she should harvest the waterleaf with its gathering tool.

The reason I went to G6, two squares away, was to get the logs - and I'm going there again.
If I can't keep up the communal research on teaching green thumb while away, continue with the wall section.

((BTW, the berries are still marked as rationed...))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 21, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »

Totally missed the part where you can rest to restore health.

Also, shame that her super aggressive brother took all of Sandy's desire to work.

Elfa continues to forage on F6, taking advantage of her Hard Worker ability. She continues to research Improved Foraging.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 21, 2016, 07:42:55 pm »

Does rest stack with deep thinking?

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 22, 2016, 11:18:04 am »

Easter Sunday continues to chop wood at G6. He names the unnamed clay Grey Clay, and the unnamed brown stone Siltstone. He starts researching animal taming.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 22, 2016, 09:16:14 pm »

Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)

*Rule Update*
Please view the first post to see information on "Professions". I am not making this easy for you am I?

*Tip*
If the GM gives your tech a more generic name than what you specified in the tech list, its probably to your benefit; though you can still insist that you wanted something else if you are so inclined.

Rest does NOT stack with deep thinking.

Also, what did I tell you about mixing combat with labor? Recap: You can do it, but its a bad idea.

Turn 28
Upkeep: 7 food has been consumed. Imic takes 4 starvation damage. Last chance to decide you still want to play.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the farm at F7 to collect 4 love berries and 1 giant love berry. Research on teaching continues.

Asker of Questions creates a second farming tool while using telekinesis to fling around burning wood haphazardly to try to burn out any fluffit nests that are in the area! 1 Bloody Thorn, 1 Glowroot, and 1 Unnamed Nut have been destroyed by fire! Some bushes are burned to reveal that the lousy Fluffits live in a stupid burrow as previously hypothesized!

Asker then yells at Sandy for a while using the Orator ability. And nonchalantly wanders off to G6.

Also, it has been discovered that Glowroot is actually a highly combustible material. Who knew?

Elfa continues to forage at F6 and collects 1 Unnamed Mushroom.

Easter Sunday continues working at G6 to collect 2 more logs. Research begins on Animal Taming.

Sandy Questions moves to F7. She informs you that something is in the Pitfall Trap!

Tal Questions forages at F6 using a gathering tool to collect 2 Unnamed Mushrooms. He appears to be entirely too smug about it.

Libra Questions harvests the water paddy using the gathering tool to collect 2 waterleaf.

There has been a Fluffit sighting at F6!

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At F7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 22, 2016, 09:32:22 pm »

Ooh, sandy is researching something. They grow up so fast. . .

Harvest the farm on F7 with the farming tool. Research my Green Thumb ability.

Also, I'm the only adult female, i.e. the entire population will have my genes. I'm guessing that inbreeding won't be a problem?

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 23, 2016, 02:09:57 am »

Not so much as long as both of us don't breed with anyone else, our female children take only the unrelated males, and our grandchildren breed with their cousins. That should dilute the sources enough to drastically reduce immediate problems, at least until we find another tribe.
Or, you know, as long as the GM so wills it. :)

@Supernerd: I've fed an extra berry to Libra, shouldn't she have 2HP now?
Also, could I bother you to put on the inventory where to find each item?

Grab two logs at G6. Move to F6, drop the logs and kill the fluffit.
Continue researching the wall section.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:53:30 am by Maegil »

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34