Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34530 times)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #360 on: November 17, 2016, 07:34:58 pm »

Woo! I'm in!

Do I have everything adults have, such as the ability to perform labor and research?

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 17, 2016, 07:40:45 pm »

Also, I think we should send the runt off. They will put a strain on our food supply, and would die anyways if we choose not to feed it.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 17, 2016, 07:49:31 pm »

Woo! I'm in!

Do I have everything adults have, such as the ability to perform labor and research?

Check the information on the first post. Check the components of the castes which your character has. There are some differences.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 17, 2016, 08:50:41 pm »

Woo! I'm in!

Check the information on the first post. Check the components of the castes which your character has. There are some differences.

Ahha, excellent! I knew it would be somewhere, I just didn't know where.

In my state, I'm not much help labor wise, so I will probably use Deep Thinking. Lemme know if there is something you want me to use it on specifically, and I'll post an action tomorrow..

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 17, 2016, 09:32:25 pm »

...So who is playing the 4 other civilians? Are they just NPC's?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 17, 2016, 09:37:23 pm »

...So who is playing the 4 other civilians? Are they just NPC's?

I'm afraid they are NPCs. It was always my intention for most of the civilians to be mediocre or worse. It took a lot longer than I anticipated for any children to appear at all. On a lighter note, you now have the #1 spot on the waitlist, so you'll probably get to play by christmas.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 18, 2016, 12:34:04 am »

Aaaaand food crisis once again. Everyone needs to gather food for a little while

Harvest the Farm on F7. Command the children to forage for food/branches on F6. Research fur clothing. Forfeit food since there is not enough for both us and the children.

Name the children:
Female #1= Sandy Questions
Female #2= Libra Questions
Male#1= Alexander Questions
Male #2= Tal Questions
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:45:20 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 18, 2016, 06:53:21 am »

((Not a full-blown crisis yet, fortunately we still have the fluffit meat.))

Tell Beatrix that she should try to get giant berries instead.

Don't let the children forage in F7, there are bloody thorns that can hurt them and they've only 1HP. Instead send them to F6 for mushrooms and branches.
If we do lack food, take the children's starvation on myself.

On F7:
If the Fluffits nest is completely destroyed let the fire die out, otherwise feed it with a yellow plant.
Ration the next four love berries for replanting. Unration the water leaf.
Since Imic isn't around, harvest the water leaf, or the harvest the berries using the tool if Beatrix doesn't follow my advice.
Repair the palisade using bloody thorns and the carpentry tool.
Keep researching the wall section.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:59:49 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2016, 08:45:10 am »

Is my caretaker ability enough of a bonus to make me better at controling the kids, or would a full grown alpha be better?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:19:39 am by Elvish Miner »

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 18, 2016, 01:32:40 pm »

Again, the second female (Libra) has the runt ability. Those of you who looked it up should see that they are probably going to trip over a log and die anyways, so I suggest we give her the boot.

The first female (Sandy), has research, so she might be better off helping with research collaboration, as opposed to having a minor effect on foraging. Of course, because she doesn't have free research, she can't do both at once.

Both the males and I should go forage, especially since two of us have the hard worker ability, making up for our whimpyness. Someone should probably accompany us to F6, just in case.

If no one has a suggestions, I will collaborate with Sandy on something.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 18, 2016, 01:38:25 pm »

Honestly, I think research is a secondary goal right now. We need to start getting a lot of food, or all of the children, including you, will starve to death.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 18, 2016, 02:18:09 pm »

Honestly, I think research is a secondary goal right now. We need to start getting a lot of food, or all of the children, including you, will starve to death.

Yes...but if Sandy collaborates with me to research something that makes foraging better, we might be in a better place.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 18, 2016, 02:35:22 pm »

Priorities... How about staying alive long enough to actually enjoying the fruits of research? For that we need more foraged food while we expand the farms. Do mind that it takes just a single turn of starvation for you to die.
If someone absolutely has to die, I agree that it should be the runt; even so I won't agree to kill her just because.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 18, 2016, 02:57:09 pm »

If we are having a vote on the runt, I will be voting to starve her now. It would be bad if she passes on her genes to the next generation. It will also ease the burden on our food supply, and cautious is quite useless in conjuction with runt.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 18, 2016, 03:23:50 pm »

Alright, we can have Sandy forage as well. I'm still going to use my free research on something to help make it more efficient.

Tell Sandy, Alexander and Tal to go to tile F6 and forage for food. Then expel Libra from the group. If she doesn't cooperate, take her food and use it to heal myself, causing her to starve. (assuming 5 HP is my cap?)

I don't remember if commanding other characters is a free action or not, but assuming it is, and I don't have to wrestle the food from my sibling, Elfa will go to F6 to forage for food with her siblings. If commanding them does count as an action, I'll just go to F6 after giving the command.

Begin research on Improved Foraging
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34