Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34533 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! Game Start
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2016, 05:33:36 pm »

Move to F6, forage for mushrooms and Yggdrasil branches. Reserve the branches to make a hoe. Keep researching the carpentry tool.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:35:32 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2016, 05:34:25 pm »

((yes i do read them, but am an idiot))

Expand the farm. Someone else will have to harvest. Continue researching shield.

Alright, here is another tip. You should specify what resources you are using when upgrading the farm. Since you are not using labor anywhere else I assume you want to do more than just pay the required 2 love berries to get to size 3. If you want to do as much work as possible you should say something like...

Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2016, 05:36:56 pm »

Alright, here is another tip. You should specify what resources you are using when upgrading the farm. Since you are not using labor anywhere else I assume you want to do more than just pay the required 2 love berries to get to size 3. If you want to do as much work as possible you should say something like...

Aight ill do that then. thanks for the tip

Someone else will still have to harvest though.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2016, 06:05:31 pm »

Easter Sunday finishes the Size 3 pit trap, covering it with nearby vegetation if he can. He then starts researching selective breeding for plants. He makes sure to eat food of some sort from the communal inventory.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:18:37 pm by vishdafish »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2016, 04:11:25 am »

I harvest and research masonry.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »

Remember, we have 3 labor actions and a free research

Stop research on better tools. Research Basic torch (for fumigating)

Move to D7, Scout the area, and forage for food. If there would be no food to forage for, move back to E7

I read the tips, yes

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2016, 04:06:21 pm »

Move to D7, Scout the area, and forage for food. If there would be no food to forage for, move back to E7[/b]

I read the tips, yes

Reading the tips is fine, but what you REALLY need to read is the first post. I'll skip to the part that is immediately relevant:

Move: How many tiles a character can move in a turn. A character may act then move, OR move then act.

If you see anything resembling a rule that didn't make it to the first post, let me know because you aren't supposed to let me forget to do that.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2016, 03:48:23 pm »

Aight ill do that then. thanks for the tip

Someone else will still have to harvest though.

Contrary to your claim, you did not edit your post to be more specific.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2016, 04:03:25 pm »

Sorry
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2016, 06:09:35 pm »

Maegil, I am going to give you an opportunity to edit your post. I am NOT going to tell you why though, as I feel I have gone over the reason multiple times already. Think VERY hard about this.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2016, 06:16:15 pm »

Just noticed something. What are we going to eat if you use 4 loveberries to upgrade the farm? Also, is the mistake Maegil is making not making sure to consume food? (therefore risking death by starvation)

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! Apparently a game about NOT gathering food and starving.
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »

With everyone in danger of starvation. (Except me and imic) And maegil in mortal danger, yeah that sounds about roght

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2016, 08:39:21 pm »

It seems like no matter how much I try to persuade you to work together to make plans and read through all the content in this game, you just post whatever first comes to your mind regardless of how many reminders I give you of varying degrees of subtlety. Makes me wonder if I should just shut the game down right here and now.

How much fun would you say you are actually having?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2016, 08:42:23 pm »

Can't speak for the others, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this. I'm looking forward to stabilizing eventually so we can do something other than harvest the farm every turn.

Glory to United Forenia!

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2016, 08:47:34 pm »

I'm gonna have to drop out of this for now. Sorry folks
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34