Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34515 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! Game Start
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2016, 11:43:09 am »

Easter Sunday names the plant "Vine Grabber". He then moves to E7, and forages for food (taking the plant loot with him). He continues researching arrows.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:49:55 pm by vishdafish »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2016, 02:13:13 pm »

PMed a Charecter sheet.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2016, 05:36:56 pm »

Today, I'll hold off on the update and give you all an opportunity to update your actions, because if you don't you will really screw yourselves over. Even moreso than usual.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2016, 02:35:30 pm »

I create a new farm using irrigation, for waterleaf.
I continue to research masonry.
What are we doing wrong? Aside from the obvious, i.e, everything...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2016, 03:44:00 pm »

The number one mistake is chasing the Yider alone; which was pretty much the most inefficient way to hunt it. The number two mistake is not collecting enough food to avert starvation in the next turn. The number three mistake is a lack of communication and teamwork.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:20:39 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2016, 04:21:42 pm »

*Tip*
Food should be your number one priority, at least until you have a decent amount stockpiled. It is recommended to use a combination of conventional foraging and construction of infrastruture and tools to consistently get an income of food that exceeds your population, and then some extra in case of unexpected problems.

Warning: If you want to consume a rationed item, you will need to specifically state you will do so. With low health, you could die if you don't. If you want to get the best results this turn you will need to use teamwork to manage your inventory.

Turn 10
All available food is eaten.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the farm at F7 to collect 2 love berries. The Cooking technology has been finished!

Asker of Questions moves to tile E8 and forages. 1 Unnamed Blue herb is found. The item "Rope" may now be created.

Finsternis Geist creates uses 1 Yggdrasil Branch to create a tool to use to gather Love Berries. If someone thought to make this right when the Basic Tools tech finished then it would have already paid for itself. Love Berries are marked as rationed.

Easter Sunday retreats back to E7, and with some luck is able to forage 2 Waterleaf from the river. The arrow technology has been finished.

Imic begins work on a Paddy Field at F7. 5 more labor is required to get it to rank 0.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:27:42 pm by Supernerd »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2016, 04:39:47 pm »

Easter Sunday begins work on a size 3 pitfall trap, situated in a place where animals are likely to drink. He starts researching shovel. He makes sure to consume the watercress.

((Will the Yider stay injured and/or keep taking poison damage?))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2016, 05:07:20 pm »

Asker of Questions (Maegil). Alpha Male. Analysis, Research, Building, Oratory, Teaching. 3 Health. E9
That should be E8.

Forage and recon E8. Research a carpentry tool.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2016, 08:05:14 pm »

Harvest. Research TBD. Not sure what to research. Any suggestions? Shields.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 03:11:02 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2016, 02:45:31 am »

You could research armor? We have 2 Vine Grabber plates.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2016, 02:50:11 am »

You could research armor? We have 2 Vine Grabber plates.
If not armour yet, then at least shields.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:34 am »

Continue building farm and researching masonry.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2016, 02:03:02 pm »

Harvest love berries using the gathering tool. Research better tools?.

Running out of food ideas to research

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2016, 02:24:02 pm »

Maybe selective breeding for plants?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2016, 04:28:45 pm »

*Tip*
Using nothing but the results of technology that you already researched, it is possible for a single person to get 5 food in a single turn. If you think about how this can be achieved and work together, you can make this a reality.

Be as specific as possible when describing your actions, otherwise you risk them being misinterpreted.

Remember that if you want to use items to expand a building you NEED TO SPECIFY THAT, even though adding items to a building is a free action. I suspect that someone intended to do that this turn; I am not processing that particular behavior this turn so that you will not forget to do this in subsequent turns.

Remember to specify food if you need to eat; rationed items will not be consumed unless you specify otherwise. You don't want the cause of your death to be starvation when you actually have food.

Turn 11
All food is eaten except for the Love Berries. Finsternies Geist and Imic take 2 starvation damage.

Easter Sunday begins work on a Pitfall trap at E7. 6 more labor will be required to get it to size 3.

Asker of Questions forages and scouts in E8. Asker forages 1 blue herb, and is able to locate a Predator Nest in this area! Area E8 is now marked as familiar on the map, and no longer produces penalties for actions in it. However, this does nothing to avert the fact that it has a predator nest. In this area there are several unknown limbless creatures with large teeth. One of them Bites Asker to deal 1 damage.

Imic continues to work on the Paddy Field.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the farmland at E7 to collect 1 Love berry and 1 Giant love berry. A swarm of insects appear at the farmland in F7, and Beatrix takes 1 damage from insect stings while harvesting. Research begins on Shields.

Finsternis Geist gathers love berries using the gathering tool. 2 Love berries and 1 unnamed Green berry are collected. Research STOPS on Advanced Farming and begins on Better Tools. It appears that this technology is also missing some prerequisites.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34