Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34497 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! Game Start
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2016, 03:20:28 am »

((Is it taking poison damage?))
Easter Sunday pursues the Yider and throws a rock at it, speeding up the rock with telekinesis. He continues researching knives.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2016, 08:17:20 am »

After harvesting a farm, can we change the crops located there?

Crop rotation etc. get better soil usage. Since we ( I ) have a Golden Fruit gathering tool, it would be better if we could switch our love berries for golden fruit.

Also notice how we've been trying to hunt the rider for 3 or so turns, effectively wasting our food supply on hunting a small animal with little potential of returning the value of food we spent trying to kill it.

Just saying.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2016, 08:40:19 am »

After harvesting a farm, can we change the crops located there?

Crop rotation etc. get better soil usage. Since we ( I ) have a Golden Fruit gathering tool, it would be better if we could switch our love berries for golden fruit.

Also notice how we've been trying to hunt the rider for 3 or so turns, effectively wasting our food supply on hunting a small animal with little potential of returning the value of food we spent trying to kill it.

Just saying.
Also keep in mind we have no means to cook it
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2016, 10:53:15 am »

I think that's why the GM is basically setting him up to die now.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2016, 11:03:13 am »

Just saying.
Also keep in mind we have no means to cook it
The beast is twice our size, so there should be plenty to eat if we can kill it.

So what if we don't know how to cook (or fire, for that matter), no meat eater ever complained about that; raw meat is good enough for you! (Not saying that we can't learn about cooking later on, just that it's unheard of.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:48:32 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2016, 11:06:22 am »

forage for more Golden fruit in G6 since we're going to starve otherwise.

Continue research on Rationing

oh, I forgot it's size. by the way it's moving I had come to think the yider was smaller

The beast is twice our size, so there should be plenty to eat if we can kill it.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2016, 01:22:54 pm »

*Rules*
See the Research section of page 1 for information on about Science difficulty.

*Questions Answered*
Yes, poison damage is taking effect. It is not announced each turn, but if you were paying attention to the bestiary you may have noticed the damage being calculated.

You cannot change the contents of a farm with the technology currently available to you. It would make more sense to *Hint removed so you can get the satisfaction of figuring it out yourself*

*Tip*
You should not have, and should not continue to try to kill that Yider after it started to flee.

Don't do nothing but research. Research is a free action. This has been repeatedly stated, and you can clearly see other players do this all the time. At least declare you are using deep thinking or forage or something.

Turn 8
Three food items are eaten from the Communal Inventory. There is not enough food for all civilians. Imic and Easter Sunday take 2 starvation damage.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the farm, collecting 2 love berries; one of which is a Giant love berry! Research begins on Cooking. At least one prerequisite technology is missing for this research, and progress on it will be slower than normal.

Asker of Questions takes a look at the yellow plant. Not much is learned about it; but at the very least it can be determined that it would not function as a string. Asker then moves to F8 and throws a rock at the Yider to deal 3 damage. The Yider hits back to deal 5 damage.

Imic moves to E6 and does not perform any labor. Research begins on carpentry.

Despite being badly injured, Easter Sunday continues to pursue the Yider, and throws a rock at it. It turns out that telekinesis is hard to focus on a moving object, and no meaningful increase in damage has been noticed as the Yider is hit for 4 damage. The Yider begins to walk with a limp, but remains able to continue moving to tile F9. The Knife technology has been completed.

A loud rumbling sound can be heard coming from tile G9. Usually your hearing is not keen enough to notice stuff like that coming from another tile.

Finsternis Geist uses the gathering tool (By the way, you really should declare you are using the tool so I do not forget about it) and is able to gather 3 golden fruit... But one of them is stolen! Its one of those tree climbing critters again! It is now possible to ration food to prevent it from being eaten even if starvation would occur if it is not.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:24:30 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2016, 01:33:43 pm »

Easter Sunday forages for food. He starts researching arrows.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2016, 01:50:13 pm »

So, the plant is not fibrous... Keep on the string line of research.
Sneak after the Yeder and while hidden use TK to hit it with a stone.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2016, 06:23:23 pm »

((Can farmland be harvested every turn?))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2016, 09:51:09 pm »

The description for the Agriculture tech states that each size on the farmland allows up to 1 plant to be harvested from it per turn by civilians who spend time working it.

So yes.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2016, 09:58:54 pm »

Ok thanks. In the future I'll be sure to do my research. Apologies.

Harvest the farmland. Research fire.

Glory to United Forenia!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2016, 01:23:51 am »

activate deep thinking. Continue researching carpentry.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2016, 04:25:41 pm »

Ok thanks. In the future I'll be sure to do my research. Apologies.

Harvest the farmland. Research fire.

Name unnamed branch Yggdrasil Branch

Use two Yggdrasil branch to create Farming Tool

Assist in researching Fire.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34