Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34535 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.
« Reply #315 on: November 07, 2016, 05:17:38 am »

I farm.
In F7.
While researching better tools.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 07, 2016, 05:34:02 pm »

*Tip*
Include lots of details in your posts. Your life might depend on it.

Turn 21
Upkeep: Four units of food are eaten.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the farmlands at F7 using the farming tool to collect 2 waterleaf and 3 love berries.

Asker of Questions consumes 1 additional food to recover 1 health, and moves to F6 to collect 2 Yggdrasil branches and 1 Unnamed Nut. Research finished on Child Care.

Easter Sunday consumes 1 additional food to restore 1 health. He uses the stone axe to collect 1 Golden Branch (not a gm error). He then creates a Simple String out of a Ropevine, despite the fact that the Ropevine can function as a string as it is. Easter Sunday then moves to G7. He is unable to check the pit trap however; possibly because he just entered a tile which he has never been to before! There is a lot of sand here, and small rocks strewn about the area. Research begins on Unnamed Grey Substance, halting research on Spiked Shield.

Imic farms at F7 to collect 3 love berries.

Previously unidentified animals have been sighted at F7. They are fluffy, grey colored and considerably smaller than yourselves.

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:30:40 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 07, 2016, 05:55:44 pm »

On F7, use 2 labor to harvest the farm. Then, use 1 labor, 2 waterleaf, and the river on F7 to make a salve. Research Child Care mkII with Asker.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:47:51 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2016, 08:22:33 pm »

((You forgot to add the nuts in the F6 description.))

Go to F7.
Eat an extra berry. Make a thorn gathering tool using an Yggdrasil Branch.
Stand guard around the palisade to protect the eggs. Use the bow to snipe the Fluffits on F7; concentrate fire on one at a time even if it runs to another tile. Gather any carcasses on F7.

Research Child Care Mk.II, if possible with Beatrix.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:46:33 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2016, 08:31:38 pm »

(Omission of information like that is not always a GM error. Sometimes I like to reward you for reading and remembering things.)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 07, 2016, 09:04:19 pm »

((That's either a poor excuse or a poor way of handling players that are already finding the game confusing.))

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 07, 2016, 09:22:50 pm »

((That's either a poor excuse or a poor way of handling players that are already finding the game confusing.))

I disagree. It is both, not just one or the other.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 07, 2016, 09:32:59 pm »

;D

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 08, 2016, 04:30:05 am »

I farm at F7 with the farming tool. All of my energy goes to farming and researching better tools.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2016, 08:32:12 am »

((BTW, what is the "T20" on the eggs? I thought it was the time to hatch, but it didn't decrease from last turn.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2016, 08:38:57 am »

((BTW, what is the "T20" on the eggs? I thought it was the time to hatch, but it didn't decrease from last turn.))

Its the turn the eggs were laid.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2016, 09:13:06 am »

Easter Sunday moves from G7 to E7, to check the pit trap. He then crafts a bow out of 2 golden branches and 1 simple string. He crafts arrows out of a golden branch. He uses the remaining labor to forage. He continues researching the gray substance.

((The bow dosent specify a labor cost. Is it freee??? Also, I was under the impression that further processing the ropevine would make it stronger.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2016, 05:32:47 pm »

I was working on the update when I noticed someone trying to make an item without specifying materials. You should always specify materials when creating an item, which I will now clarify better on the first post.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2016, 05:45:15 pm »

Editing now. Used an Yggdrasil Branch.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:47:11 pm by Maegil »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2016, 07:28:35 pm »

*Rule Update*
See the first post for information on Temporary Inventory, and better clarification that you need to specify the materials used in construction.

The only tool recipe discovered so far that is not supposed to take labor is the basic torch. I have fixed all the recipies that appeared to be an error. This change will take place starting now; the bow this time was free because I want your misfortunes to be your own fault.

*Tip*
Further processing of items can make them stronger, but not always. Consider how good your manufacturing technologies are. For example: Simple String specifically states items built with it can break under stress. The GM tends to use the "exact wording" trick.

Turn 22
Upkeep: Four units of food are eaten.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the Farmland at F7 to collect 1 love berries and 1 giant love berry. 2 Waterleaf is used to create a Waterleaf Salve; however no containers are available to store it! The item will be dropped if Beatrix Purnima attempts to do any work before the item is used. Research begins on Child Care.

Asker of questions consumes 1 additional food to restore 1 health, and creates a Bloody Thorn gathering tool using a Yggdrasil Branch. Asker then uses the Bow to attack one of the Fluffits, which are now apparantly called Fluffits. Penalized by multi-action, the Goldenwood Arrow only grazes its target dealing 3 damage; which fortunately proves to be enough to kill it. The other Fluffits do not take this well. Two of the Fluffits attack Asker of Questions inflicting 0 damage, and one of them attacks the Palisade dealing 1 damage, and taking 4 damage. 2 Fluffit Fluffs and 2 Fluffit Meat have been collected.

Fluffits are now considered to be enough of a nuisance to merit having a target!

Imic harvests the farmland using the tool at F7 to collect 3 love berries and 2 waterleaf. Research finally finished on Better Tools!

Easter Sunday moves to E7 to check on his trap. It appears that he caught one of those Fluffits that suddenly became an issue! The critter snarls as he approaches. He then creates a Bow, with a (+-) quality which amuses the GM. He also crafts more Goldenwood Arrows. Easter then gathers to collect... 1 Unnamed Yellow Plant.

Research finished on the Unnamed Grey material, revealing it to be Unnamed Clay!

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: At G6 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34