Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: Gridland Survival! A game about learning lessons the hard way.  (Read 34489 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridland Survival! Game Start
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2016, 02:15:50 pm »

*Rules*
The rules on post 1 regarding targets now makes a reference to giant targets.

*Tip*
I may sometimes neglect to update your characters location in the Character List segment. If I do, you should let me know. Alternatively, you can avoid gathering in the wrong place by specifically stating which tile you want to forage on, even if you are already on that tile.

Remember to ask the other players what you can be doing better to ensure your survival. There are a LOT of things you can be doing to better.

Turn 9
All available food items have been consumed.

Easter Sunday finally decides to cut his losses and starts foraging on tile F8. A lack of knowledge about this tile hinders his gathering ability, and nothing of use was located. A previously unknown plant latches onto Easter Sunday's leg! 0 damage is taken, but the plant does not seem to want to let go. Research begins on arrows.

Asker of Questions decides to give chase to the Yider to tile F9. This tile consists of a lot of sand. Asker is able to attack with telekinesis from an unpredicted angle to not be noticed, dealing 1 damage to the Yider. Suddenly, it becomes clear just how dangerous it is to travel into unknown territory! It occurs to Asker that as he pursued the Yider into unknown lands that there is now a plateau on tile F8 which will prevent him from getting back to the rest of his civilization the same way that he came! If that weren't bad enough, he encounters the source of the noise. A massive monster can be seen in tile G9. This one stands at least 40 meters tall. You can't get a good look at it in a different tile, nor should you want to. The Yider retreats to tile E9, and for the first time ever, following it might be a good idea.

In a refreshing bit of non-terrible news: Research on String has been completed.

Beatrix Purnima harvests the farmland. Surprisingly, she was able to gather 3 love berries this turn. Research begins on fire.

Oblivious to the danger of starvation, Imic continues to research Carpentry. The building "House" may be created; though it will do little to alleviate your immediate food crisis.

Finsternis Geist Creates a farming tool from the collected wood from the tree. This may actually be useful when the farmland reaches a size of 4 or greater. Finsternis collaborates with Beatrix Purnima on the Fire research and a breakthrough is made!

Having correctly guessed the prerequisite for Cooking, the research costs on cooking has decreased to one question mark!

Spoiler: Science (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2016, 02:22:13 pm »

I harvest the farms and then reseach masonry.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2016, 02:37:00 pm »

Harvest again Expand the farm. Continue research on fire cooking

((What color is the herb? I need it for naming purposes.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:19:53 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2016, 03:38:24 pm »

Yup, getting out of here. Sneak after the Yeder, and TK another stone; since it's injured and running from attacks, try to heard it back towards the Yggdrasil.
So, one string is weak... maybe many put together will be stronger; start researching the rope.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:40:38 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2016, 04:01:45 pm »

Just an FYI, fire has already been researched.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2016, 04:03:48 pm »

Just an FYI, fire has already been researched.
shit, i really need to read more. really sorry
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2016, 05:16:47 pm »

If everyone read everything, you would have a surplus of like 30 food and be looking into expansion right about now.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2016, 05:25:29 pm »

Can I attempt to break free of the plant and do another action in the same turn?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2016, 05:44:02 pm »

There's no restrictions on what you can attempt

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »

Eh, the plant shouldnt (hopefully) be that threatening anyway.

Easter Sunday attempts to break free of the grasp of the plant and moves to E9, using TK to stealthily attack the Yider. He continues researching arrows.

((Would this have a massive penalty? Or is it a secret until I try it?))

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2016, 07:00:07 pm »

I'm not sure you can both harvest the farms?

@supernerd, how much labor would it take to expand the farm to size 3 or size 4?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2016, 07:11:12 pm »

Agriculture: The building "Farmland" may be created on a tile. A size 0 farmland can be created for 5 labor, and its size can be increased by 1 at the expense of 2 labor and 2 plants. Not all plants can be grown and the farmland can only accommodate one type. Each size on the farmland allows up to 1 plant to be harvested from it per turn by civilians who spend time working it. Much more reliable than foraging.

Each increase in size will cost 2 labor and 2 plants. It is possible for more than one person to harvest a farmland, but there is no point if one person can harvest it all on their own.

*Hint removed so you can have the satisfaction of figuring it out yourself*

If you read, you can discover a way to drastically increase efficiency before it is too late.
  • Read the first post in its entirety.
  • Read every tip I provided in the update posts
  • Read all the tech descriptions

Also, it is legal to ask non-players for advice. I bet they have some ideas that would help you a lot.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:17:39 pm by Supernerd »

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2016, 08:47:58 pm »

Hey Beatrix Purnima or Imic, one of you should expand the farm instead of harvesting. I'll forage for more berries as well. it's a suggestion is all.

In the meantime SOMEONE ELSE should create fertilizer with our unnamed non edible plants. We could probably get something like bonus berries harvested next turn, or at the very least, be able to make more farmland easier.

forage for LoveBerries. Research...... Advanced farming???

I'll probably change my research option if I think of anything more useful

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2016, 09:04:10 pm »

Hey Beatrix Purnima or Imic, one of you should expand the farm instead of harvesting. I'll forage for more berries as well. it's a suggestion is all.

In the meantime SOMEONE ELSE should create fertilizer with our unnamed non edible plants. We could probably get something like bonus berries harvested next turn, or at the very least, be able to make more farmland easier.

forage for LoveBerries. Research...... Advanced farming???

I'll probably change my research option if I think of anything more useful
I got u fam

Glory to United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2016, 01:02:46 am »

It has come to my attention that I never gave you guys an actual example of the recommended method of posting your action. While the way you are currently posting is legal, I recommend doing it something like this:

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34