aerial acrobat
- 1 (16.7%)
weird design
- 0 (0%)
one that shuts up and stays in the kitchen
- 4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mechs/"Can" standoff [arena] [2/4]  (Read 1771 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Mechs/"Can" standoff [arena] [2/4]
« on: September 22, 2016, 12:57:51 am »

He squized his gloves. They were not sweaty, despite his anxiety. He rolled his shoulders. His jacket was itself, a finely crafted technology, allowing maximum ability. He looked up, ahead peering through the black shades on his helmet. The announcer signaling... it was time for the show.

The audience cheered, it was no understatement to say Hernandez was a favorite. A pilot for MythOs, a winning brand. He approached his can, a nonsensicle mountain of metal- for now, and climbed in. It rised, and roared!

They were putty in his hands. 20 minutes later, long after hed lost in the first round, a lucky shot from a rookie, who himself was quickly taken down, a new crowd favorite emerged, as fans cried Sabrina! But how long would she be on top in a sport as maddening as this?

RULES
01) in a standard match you win by being the last can alive.
02) You can only activate one ability each round. All abilties you get from parts will fall into 3 types:
Attack: what it says on the tin.
Counter: stops an attack and retaliates, but backfires if you predicted wrong.
Bluff: An ability that isn't one of the above.
03) You can do nothing.
04) You will do nothing if you don't take an action within the match's round timer. (48hrs, 24 hour window for players, 24 hour window for GM to update and I may count some late submissions, but don't count on it!)
05) When you take damage a random part of your body is destroyed. And anything attached to that body part.
06) Many aspects of your can are a secret to your competitors until you use abilities that reveal them... or they do.
07) If all your legs are destroyed you are stunned for a turn.
08) A ranged attack defeats and cancels a melee attack. Most ranged attacks have limited ammo.
09) it's better to quit in around then be destroyed in the same round. Ties will be broken by most kills, then least damage, then least revealed parts, then least afk turns, then most activity.

REGISTERED PILOTS
Maegil
IcyTea31
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:31:28 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
post 2
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 10:19:32 am »

Reserved.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:14:05 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Mechs/"Can" Standoff!!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 03:48:38 am »

this is all I got, I feed my 12 children off of this job, if I can't get players then I don't know what to tell my wife senorita bump.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: A game with mechs *offers pen and sign up sheet*
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 07:06:55 am »

All right, I'll take pity on you, poor netdenizen. Can I haz a jumping spider mecha?
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 08:04:48 am »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 08:56:44 am »

seems fun.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 09:56:50 am »

seems fun.

Right?

Can I be the boss from that wild west movie with Will Smith? Oh and go ahead and get the theme song stuck in your head now.

*grumbles* I'll see what can be arranged. scruffy the oil covered cangineer scratches his giant butt with a giant wrench

(little limited by what I made for this concept test run, but...)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:59:28 am by roseheart »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 10:57:23 am »

Nice. :D

If it's a concept test run, you may want to take the opportunity to throw weirdness at it to see if the system can take it; better to do it now than when you have the game proper running.

That said, let's have some weirdness:
I'll have all legs with gecko pads strong enough to walk upside down while holding on to pray,
  Some ranged weaponry such as pulse lasers on the forward leg pair,
  Gauss guns on the second pair and
  jump jets on the two rear leg pairs.
Armoured drill-tipped chelicerae with
  ClF3 containers for poison sacks,
  heavy duty plasma cutters on the pedipalps,
and to end it in great style, fully working spinnerets (or at least a hawser with a long reel, capable of applying or removing glue at need and retrieve or cut the hawser).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:01:45 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 11:09:47 am »

Nice :D

If it's a concept test run, you may want to take the opportunity to throw weirdness at it to see if the system can take it; better to do it now than when you have the game proper running.

That said, I am truly grateful and excited to test what you have. Because your games are always the best and I trust that what you have to offer will be worth my time. Roseheart for president!!!!!

I see a STRONG vote for custom mechs. Though I disagree. I believe the opposite: get the skeleton of the game running and fun then it can support...

...all that weirdness.

pickle
- 1 (25%)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:31:38 am by roseheart »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A game with mechs *offers pen and sign up sheet* (2/4) fast game>>>
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 11:58:17 am »

All right, point taken, roll out one of the standard mecha frames out of storage for me and RNG the equipment table for the loadout. Whatever beast comes out of it, I'll call it "Blind Date".

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Mechs/"Can" standoff BLIND DATE
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 02:13:05 pm »

As the one who introduced the minimalist version to this forum (as far as I could tell back when I made the first thread), count me in. It'll be fun to play for once instead of just managing the trickery.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Mechs/"Can" standoff BLIND DATE
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 06:35:06 pm »

As the one who introduced the minimalist version to this forum (as far as I could tell back when I made the first thread), count me in. It'll be fun to play for once instead of just managing the trickery.

Why did you have to do that. Why did the founder have to join my game? Now I have the perfectly good title of 'blind date' from the last post but an equally good 'face the creator' subtitle I could add. Do you see what this does to me?

Mechs dont appeal to me (me: *eyebrow twitch*)
- 3 (30%)

I have beef with GM
- 2 (20%)

pickle
- 3 (30%)

Not sure which of these is greater deserving of my attention...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:25:29 pm by roseheart »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mechs/"Can" standoff BATTLE THE MASTER, ICYTEA31
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 07:05:23 pm »

The beef and pickles; food always takes precedence.

Never mind those who voted on the other option, it's just a matter of personal taste and there are plenty of other dishes on the Bay12 menu.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:07:29 pm by Maegil »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Mechs/"Can" standoff
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 09:41:14 pm »

Things are about to get... clunky. . .

Two more...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:31:45 pm by roseheart »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Mechs/"Can" standoff [arena] [2/4]
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 12:32:32 am »

The best kind of mech is one that folds to fit in one's pocket. Just imagine, a bunch of thugs surround you in an alley and tell you to hand over you wallet, but you instead pull a small cube and drop it on the ground. Then BOOM, instant mech, and the thugs run away.

I actually didn't vote in the last poll, though I probably would have picked 'pickle'.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: [1] 2