Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Rogue Trader: Through the Looking Glass  (Read 11107 times)

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader: Through the Looking Glass
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2016, 05:44:18 am »

Bron attempts to knockdown the mutant with a mighty pummel, only to strike again with his chainsword. Chain-sword: 1d10+9 R, Pen: 2, tearing. WS 42+30 (Best quality, Weapon master, Chaos Worshiper hatred)
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2016, 08:56:14 am »

((Aww, I would have liked to 'seek out' the navigator-singer! Ah well, that's me being late ._.;
Also this is the first time I've met Serge. Actually he was my navigator-buddy all along! :O What a twist! ...I didn't catch the name in my spoiler. Oops!

Also AWWWHH, if you'd like, I'd LOVE to have an Ogryn buddy Twinwolf :3 In the least so I can RP with their awesomeness and their culture...and their dialogue style.))

"Sergus?" Amara found herself asking, raising an eyebrow to glance at her nervous buddy. It took less than a second to connect some dots: "Oh! If there is any loving connection between him and me--it's professional. I didn't know you knew each other (why didn't you tell me this Serge), and all I've done is test, teach, and assess him before all this--he has great potential, but I don't recall him making any advances towards me, ma'am Marrine."

If I've to make an action now, I'd like to continue conversing :D
(If I've to make a technical action, I'd like to get to work on those star charts by gaining info from another Navigator or any reference she can lead me to! \o/ ...I've no idea what skill that uses. Speech?)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2016, 10:56:25 am »

She doubted any of her sisters were on the station, in truth - too obvious a location,  too easy to expect Soerra to come for them. They would have taken a path out, or perhaps never stopped here at all, so as not to leave a trail.

Still, she had to search, but she also required more knowledge.

She sent a message to the Captain. His opera should have long finished.
Code: [Select]
"Lord Captain. I am busy with my own tasks on this station. Inform me when you require to depart."
Attempt to requisition the sniffer, and then split time half and half between servitor and sister information in half-day shifts.

"Is the Tech Priest attempting to give me an order? Anarette, execute her for her insolence at the soonest possible convenience."

((Did I get the message? Not sure if you are in microbead range :-/.))

I WILL FEAST ON YOUR FLESH GUL!

Use Knock-Down on the Spear-Wielder.

Next Turn use my Beak and my Krootrifle in Melee to tear him asunder. (should be two half-actions if im not completely wrong)

((You are completely wrong :P. You can only use one attack action per turn, even if that attack action is a half-action. You can't currently use the Multiple Attacks full action either, because you don't have the "Two Weapon Wielder" talent yet, so you will have to choose between biting and hitting.))

(If I've to make a technical action, I'd like to get to work on those star charts by gaining info from another Navigator or any reference she can lead me to! \o/ ...I've no idea what skill that uses. Speech?)

(("Speech" would be covered by the "Charm" skill, probably.))

Now back to our regularly scheduled Roleplay.

Holt nodes his head in greeting.

"I am Lord-Captain Holt, last of the Kennoch bloodline. A drink and some company sounds refreshing, after such a long journey here."

Holt takes his seat, and begins nursing whatever drink is provided for him.

"The Resplendant Pride is indeed an impressive vessel, from what little I have seen of it. Any dynasty would be proud to call her their own. I have yet to observe the The Glory and Storm, however. Are you the newly arrived captain that wretch of a Tradesmaster mentioned in passing?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2016, 11:41:53 am »

After Holt had introduced himself Nathin bowed to the other lord captains.

"It is good to meet those who know more about the expanse, I must admit I am quite interested in learning further of the conditions here."

He said before taking his seat.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2016, 06:39:01 pm »

Bron smashes into the mutant with his other hand and side of his body but with uneven footing the mutant is only pushed back a foot before regaining his balance (85v42,84v45, both fail) only to have the chain sword flash back down at his repulsive bug eyed head (44v73).  The monstrosity tries to dodge to the side only to bring it down on the side of his face (16-3=13 damage).  The sword cuts strait through, flinging the mangled head 15 meters away to land in one of the disused pods.

Blightfang hooks his attacker's leg with his rifle and (33v40 46v30) drops the man on his back then leaps down to bite at his (4vs49, 4 degrees of success) body (10-3=7 damage) tearing away a long strip of meat in his beak.  As Blightfang dodges back at a weak motion by the scum the human starts foaming at the mouth and kicking around randomly.  He is dead in seconds. (5 toxic damage)

The hiding knife wielder moves closer to Blightfang, staying in cover and throwing a knife at the alien's back (32v35) who is too distracted by an upcoming meal to avoid the weapon (dodge 71v44) that lodges in the back of the kroot's plumage.  It draws blood but he hardly notices (5-5=0 damage).

As last man screams You full of holes! and opens up with his autogun (24v40 1 degree of success) Bron involuntarily curses and tries to move to cover out of the way (11v40) of the gunfire by the unskilled cultist.  The warrior moves with surprising agility and...

3 down.  Next round.

As the astropath sits down, Holt notes a look of disgust in Malachi's face which is quickly masked.

Always a pleasure to meet one bound in service.  The young governor was only half right about my position, however.  I am only acting Captain while the real Lord recovers from an induced coma.  Some fell beast bested him in an ambush upon a hunt.  The priests say he will be well in a few months so I am taking over his duties for now.

I, yes I knew that.  stammers out the governor half confidently.

Yes but to the happenings!  announces Lazarus in a deep excited voice So much has been going on.  I just returned from a run to the GreenLands.  The endemic xenos have been regrowing with the same force as ever and each soldier and weapon I can sell is another day they might hold them back.

The GreenLands were once orcish stronghold worlds until they were purged.  Entire armies with forced colonists were left behind on each but little support was given beyond that and the harsh, often barren, worlds have seen time and again the creatures reemerge from ruin to threat.

Without real protection those places will never produce anything of value, but real armies can not be spared as eternal garrisons.  Every request is denied by those who hoard vast squadrons for their own ends.

Really a fortress world needs to be founded, able to both defend itself and provide quick response teams to neighbors.

The Baron of Ur is no better.  He controls not only his hives but has expanded influence to the nearby agri and mining worlds that supply them.  He capitulated to the cleansing, sending lavish supplies but now that there is only a token force he sends us only excuses.

And the other worlds as well.

He should be dealt with harshly.

A round of strong drinks are passed around and talk turns to other matters.

Piracy has been on the rise, they seem coordinated say the admirals.  Also they have been smuggling more from forbidden Dross dead worlds coreward. 

Yes, I have spoken to those who have visited the deadworlds.  Some alien, some ancient human, all purged of life.  One could even find trinkets there I imagine.

A foolish idea, though only some are truly forbidden.

Are either character going to partake in the beverages or have any questions?

Sierra-Beta spends an hour listening to droning talk from a few tech-priests but nothing interesting comes up until she meets with Engineseer Axel a hunched old man extensive, poor quality bionics sitting at a table and working on of all things a simple las gun.  A quick lookl though shows he has several different STC design plans layed on top of each other. 

Ah the newcomer, he broadcasts low gothic in a very robotic tone, Come, sit and help an old man get the firing pattern on this blasted thing to work.

I know what you are.
He states, and the room seems to run cold, You are a true explorer, one who will go out and find all the dangers.  You will be destroyed, that is almost certain.  Why you left your cushy post is not know, but I for one appreciate your sacrifice.  For every hundred of your ilk that we send out one may return with something new.  We need that.

So I will help and answer the questions you might have.
[/tt]

More info soon, but feel free to ask him some questions.

Hereton finds himself standing on the balcony overlooking the center of the station.  To one side the grand cathedral loomed, though technically the entire circular plaza was a part of it.  In the center six metallic masts were arranged in a circle as well, with a man tied to one.  A group of children watched over and encouraged by a priest were throwing chunks of metal at the man.  Another sinner down, though for what crime Hereton had no clue.

He thinks back on the past of this place.  When the station was first taken it had to be cleansed of the pirate filth that had infested it, six guilty, every ten minutes, around the clock, for over a year.  Few spoke of it now, but everyone knew the price that was paid by those who would rebel.

Without warning a woman is standing to his right, dressed in a well appointed black suit with brown hair and dark sunglasses.  She carries a brown briefcase in one of her gloved hands.

Hereton, I believe. She begins in a professional and calm voice, staring out at the crowd, I represent certain interested parties who desire something from your current captain.  More importantly, they know of your, circumstances, and would be willing to provide some information on where you might learn more, or get vengeance.  Should I continue?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:41:22 pm by VoidSlayer »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2016, 06:54:33 pm »

Anarette had followed Nathin's example with a similar bow. She remains standing and on her guard, and not taking any of the drinks, for the moment.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2016, 07:22:44 pm »

Anarette had followed Nathin's example with a similar bow. She remains standing and on her guard, and not taking any of the drinks, for the moment.

((If these things end up being poisoned, its your job to save our sorry buts :P.))

"The colonists should soon be tempered by the conditions of the Greenlands, the constant threat will cause those who survive daily to become more robust than the common man. I, for one, should know. Using them as a resource in a fortress world could certainly prove beneficial in the long run. As for the planets, certainly few things are truly forbidden to Rogue Traders, it may be worth a visit simply to rid the expanse of a pirate headquarters or two in the name of the Emperor."

Holt drinks heavily while discussing along with the others.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2016, 08:25:52 pm »

"Stubborn bastards!"

Bron charges towards the autogun wielding heretic, swinging his chainsword. Chain-sword: 1d10+9 R, Pen: 2, tearing. WS 42+40 (Charge, Best quality, Weapon master, Chaos Worshiper hatred)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2016, 08:49:16 pm »

Hereton, I believe. She begins in a professional and calm voice, staring out at the crowd, I represent certain interested parties who desire something from your current captain.  More importantly, they know of your, circumstances, and would be willing to provide some information on where you might learn more, or get vengeance.  Should I continue?

"At the least long enough to state what you,or rather your interested parties actually want done."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2016, 02:11:40 am »

Sarvus exits the opera hall and heads to the first place to look, the servant halls.  The eyes and ears few realize they have around them can often divulge simple information that can lead to larger goals. (22 vs 64, 5 degrees of success, takes 0(6-5-2[1d10]) hours)

Fortunatly for Sarvus he spots someone he knows immediately, an on again and off again informant, running out of the kitchens in a waiter uniform, carrying a large platter of half empty glasses.  Unfortunately for Sarvus it is Zayer a ratling with a trusting face, short black hair and a penchant for steal from those he really shouldn't.  Zayer should not be here, he shouldn't be anywhere after the last time he was caught by the Arbitrators.  He certainly shouldn't be dressed that well with a name tag reading Theodor.

Zayer does not notice Sarvus until it is too late and the unassuming scribe is right behind him and says his usual greeting.  The short abhuman seems to jump twice his height as he turns around. Not now, why now.  he begins before taking Sarvus into a side hallway.  He explains through obvious lies that he is just trying to make good as Sarvus questions him.  He is surprisingly and unusually well informed on the governor and Tradesmaster, explaining that Fonseca has the governor by the short hairs over a loan, a loan far too large for the rotund man to have provided himself.  Signs point to a Rogue Trader house and Fonesca himself requested that the ship be put in the lower dock and that he greet them personally.

Zayer then fails to surprise you when he pulls out a pair of key cards for the Tradesmaster's office and personal chambers.  He looks extra nervous and asks if you would like to follow him as he "does nothing suspicious or theft like at all"
Would you like to follow him, try and get more info out of him or get back to the opera?
Sarvus sighs, but at least he wouldn't have to get his own hands dirty. If he let the ratling roam free, his vandalism and petty theft would be on Sarvus's conscious. It was settled: Sarvus would have to accompany Zayer on his... expedition. Financial records would be Sarvus's primary concerns, as they are incredibly telling. No one buys more food than they need, so if the station's ration provisioning is off, or inconsistent, it's a tell. If more ships than expected are flying through, refueling costs will denote that. Any oddity would reveal another string to pull on, until Sarvus sat at the center of the web. Or perhaps, he's combined too many metaphors.
Either way, he nods his head clear of that train of thought, before curtly addressing Zayer. "Yes, please, lead the way. I would like to see the inner-workings of this station in closer detail."
Of course, Zayer was a mutant, and, as everyone knows, mutants can't be trusted. Sarvus is no exception, and kept his eyes peeled for any hint of treachery from the Ratling. The little man... thing... was a little too knowledgeable.

Search the Trademaster's office for financial records. Keep an eye on Zayer for treachery.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2016, 11:35:41 pm »

Bron charges at the mutant cowering behind the hydroponics bay leaping up then over it and (21vs72) slashing the mutant in the head.  (17-3=15 damage) The cultist steps back just in time for the blow to slash across their face, tearing off his nose, and surrounding tissue.  Blood pours out as he cries out in pain and collapses to the floor unconscious.

(The cultists are dodging and stuff I just am not putting it in where not relevant.  Also these guys were clearly not a match for you guys... gotta up that difficulty.)

Sarvus follows Zayer deeper into the administrative sector of the station, all a part of the same single governing complex.  The passing servants, drunk party guests and opulent displays thin out until a much simpler and run down area is reached.  The walls are undecorated and while well constructed out of fine wood and marble once are now in a state of damage and decay.  The pair skirt a few guards who still seem numerous and attentive until popping around a corner where a pair in flack armor stand in front of a archway crowned by several sinister gargoyles.

One of the guards looks up suddenly, putting her hand to a holstered pistol and barking Hey, where the hell do you think you are.

The other guard, who has his helmet off and a shotgun strapped to his back, looks up from a small book he is reading towards you two.

Zayer makes an innocent hand motion you recognize, the target is ahead.

Strait to the point Mr. Herenton, I hope I have gauged you and your shipmates correctly.  First, my clients are not human, if that gives you pause I can stop, she waits for a second then continues They wish to sell something of enormous value to your captain, the location of a world of humans, lost for thousands of years in this expanse.  They are feudal, with some technology, and as far as can be told, faithful. 

My clients are pulling out of this sector, it will be decades before all preparations are made but this secret world will not remain so forever, so they wish to sell while they can.

If you can get Mr Holt to trade something of value for the location, I am prepared to offer you charts leading to a major pirate base affiliated to those who destroyed several naval vessels. 

She places the suit case on the floor.

Inside you will find star charts to where you can make the exchange with my clients along with a briefing on them and their, tastes.  If you have no questions then I will be on my way.

Holt holds down his own while partaking in the wine and learns a great deal about the current politics of the realm.

The 'Jarl' it turns out is technically the governor not of the station but of all the conquered imperial worlds in the sub-sector, however the title is a joke because it does not contain the rights to call up basically any imperial resources to assist.  Victor is the grandson of the leader of the original scouring of the expanse but the title was only titular until his faction lost a struggle for a major post in Segmentum Tempestus.  Some wanted him to continue the intrigue but he decided to make a new fortune here with the rights he thought he had, then he found how dire the situation really was. 

Besides the Green Lands, there are numerous minor colonies that can offer no tribute but are ripe for new ventures. 

A good example is the death world Hadrian's Hope, granted to an imperial guard commander as a reward for decades of loyal service.  There is only a single settlement, heavily walled on a mountain overlooking a desolate landscape filled with terrible monstrosities.  However the planet is mineral rich, has valuable fungus for both food and medicinal purposes and many of the monstrosities would make excellent trade in both live animals and body parts.

The piracy and generally new structure of trade also allows constant changes to existing trade agreements.  For example, recently a freighter contract between a prison mining world and the only reclaimed forge world has gone up for grabs.  The warden and Archtechpriest are currently looking for someone who can provide protection and find out who has raided two shipments of ore bound for the forge.

Lastly there are known worlds of heathens and xenos which were never visited by the crusade before it was recalled for other duties.  The New Federation is one such cluster of worlds, said to have xenos and tech heretics in abundance.  Raiding or outright conquest of those worlds would be fair game to an ambitious man.

Many of these ventures might require more then a single ship could provide, however there seem to be numerous free captains in the expanse, only loosely operating under other people's license.  They could be bought for a cut of the profits to help provide temporary assistance or long term watch of assets.  Captain Conleth Tighearnán is one such man, you had seen his ship on the other lower docking pylon.  He was a naval captain who went on a long range scouting mission and found that more to his liking then structured fleet action.  His crew seemed to agree and they have been under other contracts, officially lent by the Navy only because hunting him down would take too much effort.  Conleth can generally be found in a seedy bar, picking fights, apparently.

Marrine lets out a laugh at Amara's protestations.  Oh just a joke, I know he is far too timid for a.. superior, she grabs Serge by the arm and begins leading the two of you towards one of the side halls.  You notice several guests move to block her followers, leaving the three of you in private (with an ogyren chaperone you had not noticed before) as you sit down at a long table in a side passage filled with food and a few revelers.

We were engaged, Servus begins explaining when Marrine interrupts Are engaged but this little one decided to run away.

I was assigned here.  You can't just try and control every aspect of my life!

Oh but that is our lot, dear cousin.  Wouldn't you agree, she asks turning to Amara, that we should get what pleasures we can while serving?

As you ask about the expanse she goes over some rumors and legends, as she has been here more recently they sound fascinating.  On the edge of the storms ships and worlds have been spotted in the warp, stranded but sound, with some sort of field protecting them.  Her captain had shied away as they had been doing other business but they are real if you can find them. 

There is also the matter of Lord Jalvot's lost treasure planet.  A trader who had for some reason liquidated his holdings then ran through the portal almost two decades ago.  He was supposedly killed by imperial assassins, but rumors abound of asteroids and planets filled with lost tech and gold and a madman still guarding it.  Every year some group goes out to try and find them.

The last was where her own captain found danger, an asteroid a few pirate vessels had retreated to.  Lazarus thought it would be filled with the pirate's hoard so sent a large expedition, thousands of men and they found something odd.  The entire thing was an alien temple and Merrine swears it was oddly cut off in the warp, like a bubble of stillness separating it.  She tried warning but after a few artifacts and her captain returned a more urgent warning came from the surface.  They talked about spiders and demons and the walls weeping blood and then contact was cut.  Lazarus decided to cut his losses and fled, but there was still a wealth of xeno artifacts and technology there.

As the conversation turns to the warp paths themselves her demeanor turns from idle chatter to a more professor like tone explains:

The warp here is odd, you should know.  There are safe paths for sure but currents and eddies are far stronger then elsewhere.  Sudden storms growing, hitting, then dissipating rapidly are common and once safe paths can suddenly become treacherous.  This is even more constant the closer you get to the storms, I am sure you have been warned of such dangers in the past but they are ten fold here, do not expect to be able to retrace your journey, but if you find you can she smiles you will let me know of it right?

Speaking of which, if you want some.. basic charts I suppose you and Sergus could join me in my private offices if you want to peruse them.

Oh yes that would be just wonderful Serge answers sarcastically I just have not seen enough frilly gold laced pillows in the last few months.  He seems to have some of his confidence back and although he is sitting next to her, it is clear he wants to be anywhere else right now.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2016, 12:05:40 am »

Setting his grim eyes upon the last cultist, wielding a knife, Bronx charges towards him and grapples him. (Charge, Best quality, Weapon master, Chaos Worshiper hatred)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2016, 12:31:15 am »

((Not sure what else to do. Kinda seems like our job is done here, but the other guys are still playing around the mansion so I should probably wait for them.  :P))

Holt takes another large gulp of the wine.

"Its certainly a dynamic expanse, I am sure we are capable of keeping ourselves employed for quite some time. Profit around every corner, so it seems."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2016, 11:03:39 am »

Straight to the point Mr. Herenton, I hope I have gauged you and your shipmates correctly.  First, my clients are not human, if that gives you pause I can stop, she waits for a second then continues They wish to sell something of enormous value to your captain, the location of a world of humans, lost for thousands of years in this expanse.  They are feudal, with some technology, and as far as can be told, faithful. 

My clients are pulling out of this sector, it will be decades before all preparations are made but this secret world will not remain so forever, so they wish to sell while they can.

If you can get Mr Holt to trade something of value for the location, I am prepared to offer you charts leading to a major pirate base affiliated to those who destroyed several naval vessels. 

She places the suit case on the floor.

Inside you will find star charts to where you can make the exchange with my clients along with a briefing on them and their, tastes.  If you have no questions then I will be on my way.
"I have none, although I must note that the Captain may not be interested."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2016, 04:01:21 pm »

Sierra's fingers continued smoothly on their journey, only to grasp the mechanicus symbol that hung on her chest instead of her hellgun. She regarded the crudely augmented man with calm eyes.
"As you wish."
She set the relevant prayer to broadcast softly through her speakers as she took a seat and began to tinker with the lasgun.
"I journey into the dark because there are things I must find. It must be done by some. Most are unsuitable for such tasks.

You say you can answer questions. I require information on the construction of additional servitors. Flesh is weak, the minds untouched by the machine feeble. I require servants more... pure of purpose... than the unaugmented."

It was true - Sierra had no real interest in thinking, irrational human servants. She wished to be the eternal master, the eternal strongest - and she was well aware of her origins, of being the small that overcame the large.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7