Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Apocalypse World (Got the Game Running)  (Read 5264 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse World (About ready to start!)
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 11:22:46 am »

Sweet, I'll jump on my computer and get on that sheet right now. I'm not sure if I understand everything correctly, the documents is pretty messy, but I'll do as best I can.

By the way, Fniff? My character needs somebody to drive him around while he and his aluminum foil works on his tan. Would you mind starting already travelling together, and what is your position on having one of those roof windows on that car of yours?
Love, scriver~

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2016, 11:37:10 am »

Sure, traveling companions are always welcome, provided they respect Ghost's rule of 'My car, my music'. I think Jaguar E-Types have sunroofs. If not, you could always strap a chair to the roof.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 12:02:51 pm »

Ah, yeah, it looks like that. I thought "E-Type" was just a name though, the "compact" description sure made me think of something a lot less sporty ;)

Also, as long as the music isn't exclusively E-Type songs, I'm fine with it. Allthough, it would fit the 90's theme... :V
Love, scriver~

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 12:42:02 pm »

Oh God no. If Ghost heard that shit, she'd throw the tape out the window and try to run it over. Nah, she's more of a Stevie Wonder/Steely Dan/Average White Band gal. Judging by character concept alone, I'm imagining your dude's more of a Beach Boys guy?

Also, I'm messed up on the deets; E-Types are coupes, not compacts. Oh well!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 01:26:17 pm »

I'm sorry, but i have to pull out. :'(
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2016, 01:32:06 pm »

Ahh, that sucks. Thanks for telling me though.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2016, 02:10:25 pm »

I might be interested. I'll look over things tonight and post a sheet I think. Leaning towards either a chopper or a hardholder.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2016, 02:58:12 pm »

Spoiler: BattleBabeSurferDude (click to show/hide)

Did I forget anything? Also, what can "Oddments" be, really? Like, anything?

Oh God no. If Ghost heard that shit, she'd throw the tape out the window and try to run it over. Nah, she's more of a Stevie Wonder/Steely Dan/Average White Band gal. Judging by character concept alone, I'm imagining your dude's more of a Beach Boys guy?

Nah, he's definitely a very 80's/90's grunge rock kind of guy, so yeah, the music will definitely be an issue. I'm thinking of making one of his oddments a moving box full of pristine (or well, functioning) cassette tapes of his favourite bands. He will definitely attempt to play them at every opportunity.
Love, scriver~

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2016, 03:04:46 pm »

Yeah, oddments are just random things you own. I'm not gonna be strict on that at all, so have whatever.

Also, lay man's terms please. Existentialist Carpe Diem-ism Doesn't compute. He's good, I just don't understand the word pairing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:08:49 pm by Ragenaut »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2016, 03:12:02 pm »

Nah, he's definitely a very 80's/90's grunge rock kind of guy, so yeah, the music will definitely be an issue. I'm thinking of making one of his oddments a moving box full of pristine (or well, functioning) cassette tapes of his favourite bands. He will definitely attempt to play them at every opportunity.
I anticipate some legendary fights over control of the cassette player during this game.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2016, 03:23:10 pm »

This ain't finished. Just posting this here to save it. It's the first time I've done something like this and I gotta go to work soon. I'll finish it tonight after work or tomorrow in the early morning.

Also, MC, mentioned that I might get a piece of gear from another character's playbook? Would that include a custom weapon from the battlebabe's book?

Spoiler: Holding- Eveningside (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:35:38 am by Xardalas »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »

Also, lay man's terms please. Existentialist Carpe Diem-ism Doesn't compute. He's good, I just don't understand the word pairing.

Hehe, sorry, it wasn't a very serious terming, but to expand, what I mean is that he sees the world as without any intrinsic value beyond what we give it, and you've got to seize the day while you still can. Lives are cheap, lives are short, have what fun you can while you can. Death happens, it's going to happen to you, and you'll have to make it happen to others if you want to keep on having a day to seize.
Love, scriver~

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2016, 03:36:16 pm »

*Thumbs up*

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2016, 06:32:36 pm »

Sorry about going slow with my sheet, I should have it up later tonight or earlyish tomorrow. I've been really busy these last two days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9