Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Crown of Aen (OOC Thread) [These Level Ups]  (Read 20644 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Crown of Aen (OOC Thread) [First Map Begins!]
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2016, 08:31:49 am »

As far as I can tell, we're missing Gater's action.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2016, 08:44:24 am »

We are not in fact missing anyones actions, as being placed down eats your action for the turn. So we're just waiting for the GM to run the enemy turn.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2016, 08:52:40 am »

Wow, I'm really not doing well today.
I blame my illness, but yeah.

Never mind me, then.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 21, 2016, 10:07:28 pm »

I'm a little bit at a loss what'd be the best option, as I think we've gotten ourselves in an incredibly shitty spot, and are probably about to get absolutely mullered here once they slam into our left. The healer is sorta incredibly out of position, I'm not sure if it'd be best for me to try to bring her over the ridge or not, it sorta doesn't really work out well ether way, but I guess if I don't then we'll probably be in an even worse spot next turn. I guess I can bring her next to axe lady, and then axe lady can put her down, she can get danced and heal axe lady... which is four actions for one heal, which. Is. Terrible. But I don't think there's a better choice.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 21, 2016, 10:12:56 pm »

So have mage pull back and use our lance or something to tank a few hits on our left?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2016, 10:18:57 pm »

There's not really any place to pull back to short of all the way out of the canyon and back to the starting location. I've not really done the math but it looks like our left is going to be a 5v2 against us very shortly, so maybe such a drastic measure would be appropriate? I'm not sure.

Edit: It feels like on our current course we're sorta set to die. Mage and spear dude get swarmed on the left. Sword dude gets a bunch of guys on the right. Healer overwhelmed and unable to keep up even as the rest of us bleed out vulnaries to try to keep each other up. Their ranged dudes just drive into us as we're stuck in the middle as their melees press over both sides. Maybe I'm not considering it fully enough, since it's so late where I am now, but it doesn't feel good right now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:33:00 pm by Criptfeind »

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2016, 12:25:13 am »

I'll try to get some thoughts together, too, but noting right now that once Sera moves, it looks like Jan can autohit and autokill Bowman C. This will free Alisa up if she needs to back up Athros. Don't know if Jan will do so though, since NPC.

On the left, Karima and Marcianus go down in 2 or 3 hits. If Taukek goes to E-11 (edit: ah, assuming the skirmisher actually didn't dodge something and survive, in which case we're in more trouble) and dismounts for hilly terrain bonuses, he can take some heat off them, but it's still a very real possibility that two people out of three go down. I can provide calculations if need be - Taukek at least definitely requires three of the enemies to burn their attacks to down him, which means that if he's focused, we have a greater possibility of two out of three people staying up instead of one out of three. Don't know if it's worth it. We'll most likely have to retreat next turn, although our counterattacks may whittle the enemy down - so maybe the situation will change.

Athros is probably fine. Scouts only do 8-3-2=3 damage to him while he's on the hill. Adepts do 10-1-2=7. Bowman can't reach yet. Bowman can reach, does 5 damage. If both Scouts and the Adept hit him, he takes 13 damage - not enough to down him. If all of them hit him, though, (unlikely given his high evasion + hill, but never say never) he does get downed. If Diane moves to the right as far as she can, Ghamina can dance her and Diane can move somewhere where she can reach Athros next turn, meaning that he can be kept up almost indefinitely if need be, protecting our flank.

Don't know what to do with Alisa. If Jan doesn't go to attack Bowman C, she should probably secure the kill. Otherwise she can support Athros for extra insurance or go left to form a more solid front.

Sera could probably move forward and vuln herself. No point in moving backwards - the left needs more help than Athros, unless the enemies begin shifting his direction.

I'm wary of retreating to or staying on the narrow path in general. We're still going to get swarmed (and the enemy mages and bowmen will rain down hell on us) with a ton of shuffling required to get access to a healer, and have to burn our vulns anyway. The majority of our concerns are ranged, with only the Shield-Bearers being serious threats in the melee department. At least in the general vicinity of the hills, we have a better chance of spreading out and evading enemy attacks.

yeah, i dunno.

Alternative 2, depending on what Taukek wants to do: If Taukek moves back, grabs Diane, moves to E-15 and hovers over the mountains, Sera can move up to E-14, grab Diane, and drop her on D-14. Although Sera won't be healed this turn then, she's protected from ranged enemies by Marcianus at E-12, and Diane will be able to reach Karima and Marcianus next turn to heal. Downside is that Athros will have to vuln himself if hit in the next few turns and hold out best he can. It also leaves Ghamina with only Athros and Alisa to dance, neither of whom have any good reason to take two turns - unless maybe Alisa moves forward and vulns Sera.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:05:47 am by Gaterhyme »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2016, 08:06:01 am »

Diane to E-16
Taukek to E-15, grab her, canto to C-13
Request Jan go to C-14, drop Diane on D-14
Sera move to E-14, vuln self
Alise move to I-14, murder bowman guy
Athros chill? Or pull back maybe
Gahima chill back to help Athros via donce, or help him retreat towards rest of group

This sort of thing maybe?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2016, 08:21:01 am »

Diane to E-16
Taukek to E-15, grab her, offer to let her touch his abs, canto to C-13
better
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2016, 08:24:26 am »

I don't have to dance someone. If necessary I can vuln or just chill.
Things are far from desperate at this point.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 22, 2016, 08:27:10 am »

Yeah I agree for sure

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 22, 2016, 09:31:46 am »

Diane to E-16
Taukek to E-15, grab her, canto to C-13
Request Jan go to C-14, drop Diane on D-14
Sera move to E-14, vuln self
Alise move to I-14, murder bowman guy
Athros chill? Or pull back maybe
Gahima chill back to help Athros via donce, or help him retreat towards rest of group

This sort of thing maybe?

I'm okay doing this.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 22, 2016, 09:51:41 am »

I'm happy with whatever. Mostly just wanted to do some calculations on a possible worst-case for the next EP to see how optimistic we could hope to be. ^^;

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 29, 2016, 09:36:53 am »

Hey oh. I'ma waiting on Dane to move into position for me to grab her, if Sentient Bowtie doesn't want to do that or does want to do something else, can you let me know so I can do something else?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 29, 2016, 12:30:04 pm »

As a dancer singer, I too am waiting.

If people take too much longer, we might ask to move for them. It's been over a week since turn, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25