Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The age of heroes (multiplayer rpg game): that's 5 dead vikings.  (Read 2603 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
The age of heroes (multiplayer rpg game): that's 5 dead vikings.
« on: September 18, 2016, 02:59:24 pm »

The age of heroes.

This is a multiplayer rpg forum game, which is basically roll to dodge, but with some extra dice rolls. You are hero in the world of Quellath who, after many years of war, are finally setting out on a journey of discovery, magic, !!FUN!!, fighting, etc. There is lore in this world, lore which I have worked on since I was very young, but all of the made maps are lost and outdated, except for one which is just outdated, and not lost. Yet. So no maps until I make a proffessimonal map. You can be whoever you want, there are plot holes waiting to be filled, and the story will be revealed as we go. There is a human empire with no less then 18 provinces, free human kingdoms, nords, dwarves (lots of these) elves(few in number), high elves/ Undarak which are [CLASSIFIED], and playable orcs. Because peace, man.

There are gods, human gods are as follows:
1. Viteyar, god of the harvest, food, and the hunt. He appears as a male human.
2. Ibaldur, god of war, battle, and revenge. He appears as a male wolf.
3. Dunja, goddess of love, peace, and marriage. She appears as a female human.
4. Ikris, godess of wind, destiny, and strength. She appears as a female dragon.
5. Ysella, godess of the sea, fish, and water. She appears as a great sea serpent.
6. Lucmera, god of the earth, the stone, and the riches below. He appears as a male dwarf.
7. Auna, godess of nature, animals, and archery. She appears as a female elf.
The last god is Ybius, king of gods, and god of light and darkness, as well as life and death,  good and bad, ying and yang, and in balance in general. He appears as nothing but that which is.

Dwarves have their own gods.
The mason.
The smith.
The shieldmaden.

The elves have a ancestor honering system, but no gods.

This is essentially a rtd game with a focus on roleplaying and not dying, as well as the fact that I'm using a twenty sided die. You get 20 free points for your character, each point can be put in a stat, and that will increase rolls by one per point. Whenever you try something, I shall roll the die, if you get 1-10 you fail, but if you get 11-20 you succeed.
No amount of points will save you from a critical fail, which will usually include you tripping over and injuring yourslelf, and a critical success will cause some baddassery to be included, as well as you doing better

Strength
(How strong are you? Melee stuff here)
Perception
(Can you see well? Ranged attacks based here.)
Intelligence
(do you know stuff? Magic things done based here)
Charisma
(Do people like you?)
Agility
(Can you run well?
Endurance
(How much punishment can you take?

Character sheet:

Name:
Class:
Backstory:
----------
Strength:
Perception:
Intelligence:
Charisma:
Agility:
Endurance:

So. What shall your adventure be?
( sorry if it's a bit rocky, this is my first forum game. It should improve. With time.)

CURRENT HEROES:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:39:19 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: The age of heroes (multiplayer rpg game)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:50:41 pm »

Anything? OK.

Name: Spyro
Species: Dragon
Class: n/a firebreath, horncharge, glide, health recovery if I eat meat. Size of medium dog. Purple with gold wings.
Backstory: Went through a portal wanting to go skiing...
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 04:59:15 pm »

Name: Rainor Austrias
Species: Human
Class: Noble
Backstory: Son of an influental baron, he lived his youth in relative luxury of a family manor, then moved to study in the prestigious academy - only to be thrown back into whrirpool of politics, intrigue and dark magic with his fathers untimely death. Still, he got a good education suitable for a member of nobility and dabbled in magical arts for a bit. He is notorious for his sword skill, but is dismissive about it.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 05:21:44 pm »

Obligatory: Skyrim belongs to the NORDS!

Character sheet incoming

-EDIT-

Name: Vol'nar Cahjek IV
Species: Wood-elf
Class: Night Archer( specializes in sneak and archery)
Backstory: Vol'nar was born to rich parents in the wood-elf homeland of >insert nation here<. Outwardly, he seemed happy with his life of leisure, but inside he felt nothing but boredom. Seeking adventure and excitement, he joined the military. During the war, it became evident that he excelled in archery and remaining unseen, quickly becoming one of the top scouts. Since this WAS the military, he also received training in the melee arts, but he prefers his bow.
Now that he's been discharged, he hopes to use his skills to make his way on his own.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 05:49:23 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 05:39:33 pm »

((I may alter this character sheet later if I get the chance.))

Name: Tyr MacLuren
Species: Human
Class: Ulfhednar
Backstory: Tyr was raised by a poor family before he was conscripted into the army to fight in the war. During his service, he became an incredibly devout follower of Ibaldur, and continued to worship the deity once he was out of the army. After his time in the army, he traveled to train with the followers of Ibaldur. To make his way in the world afterwards, he has become a wanderer, searching for great battles and challenges that would exalt Ibaldur. Due to his worship of Ibaldur and previous martial experience, he has driven himself to master the arts of war and combat, but lacks finesse with softer interactions with people and things.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:08:55 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 01:33:21 am »

Rightio then.
*fetches big book of lore*
Where shall we start, than? A free kingdom to the north, or maybe the Imperial City of Drethnahl? The free kingdoms are vast, but there is fame to be earned in the bay of B'lay, to the west... Just look out for viking raiders.

to Berius, there is a 'capital' of the human religeon, where people are trained as preists, warrior - monks, healers, and generally what would be gained by following a certain god in particular.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 01:42:58 am »

I vote for bay of B'lay. Viking raids sound fun.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 01:43:36 am »

((Interesting. Is there any benefit to having trained in the combat style of Ibaldur's order if they have one, or is that general training the closest one would get?))

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 01:48:54 am »

The order of Ibaldur is a order of monks, fighters and (yes, sorry) paladins. They are usually trained from birth, but they often let others into their halls to train as well. These are the best of the best when it comes to martial arts and warhammer, none better. You often find monks wandering around, training others. So yes, it would be beneficial to train under their... Roof. I guess.

One for B'lay? I remember when I was young, first drawing maps, that all the maps ha dthe bay of Ballaay on them. The new name sounds nore realistic, though.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 01:57:19 am »

((Would it work if I changed his class to Warmage or Spellblade, then edited his history to include training there along with self-study or tutoring in magic? I'm trying to go for a physical fighter that augments his offense and defense with magic or divine power, but not so much a Paladin. Better at taking people to pieces than making them whole again.))

((Edit: Or would something like an ulfhednar work? They're like berserker, but more wolf-like.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:13:38 am by Beirus »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 02:32:53 am »

Of course! I made two op posts, but only kept one. The other one had a list of possible classes, and battlemage was one of them. A wolf bezerker would be cool, and always remember, Ibaldur is known to give his followers Lycanthropy (Werewolf - ism).
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 02:43:00 am »

((I'll go with ulfhednar. Is lycanthropy something he can earn over the adventure, or something he can start with?))

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 02:46:37 am »

You'd need to earn it by performing some sort of god - pleasing act, that usually works when it comes to gods.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 03:10:50 am »

((Alright. I edited my sheet. And I'll vote for B'lay too. Vikings and stuff.))

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 03:38:14 am »

B'lay is looking promising...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4