Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41322 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #405 on: September 25, 2016, 03:31:54 am »

If you have any questions as to how endeavors work please ask, these are the primary "quests" although I have my own plots set out.[...]
How do these achievement points work?

ALSO :O
So..uh, since I guess everyone is silently...neutral with the ship vote, I'll...go through with it?

VoidSlayer: Noting a personal error in computing the stats, could I ask the following:
> Change Command Bridge to Combat Bridge
> Add in the Astropathic Choir Relay room into the ship

Thanks!
[...]
I wonder how far the distance of affect of my Lidless Stare is.
Also these bits :D

I mean I figured that our Machine Spirit can fill our niche of +5 BS, and instead of spending on furthering that Niche, we can stick with the 'basic' bridge to help repairs AND get a new place. The Astropathic Choir can help us do SOS things better, or at least contact ships further in the expanse. :3

[...]
I have a (strange?) inclination to make friends out of all the command staff :I
I mean nothing can stop me other than the Captain's words! >:D (That and I'm getting all these ideas from the Koronus book. I didn't know that the Navigator was looked up to by virtually everyone and can be as silly as they want within reason o_O)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 25, 2016, 03:45:00 am »

I do have a couple of questions.

How should I get servitors?
Is it acceptable to assume the ship has some, like it'd have armsmen? Or would I need to acquire/build them or something?

I'd like to go into the station to see if any of the sister-experiments went through, so would I be able to roll acquisition for a gene-spoor sniffer (or whatever it's called. I can't remember if it's in RT, but I'm pretty certain it's in DH).

The ship has servators, but like armsmen, they are already assigned duties.  They are actually a little less useful then normal armsmen because most would be highly specialized to a task, like cleaning plasma tubes, and would be considered poor quality for other tasks.  Why train the plasma tube janitor cyberzombie with other duties?

You can acquire common quality or better types of servators from anywhere with a machine cult, building them would be a long term Trade or medic or forbidden lore+tech use test... I think.  You might actually have to investigate how to build them from scratch or acquire some parts for them.

I was going to give everyone two acquisition rolls after the current scenes as the ship finished watering.  Basically to get anything for the endeavors you are planning to run.  But obviously Sierra-Beta has some of her own plans so feel free to wander off and look around.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 25, 2016, 07:08:52 pm »

If you have any questions as to how endeavors work please ask, these are the primary "quests" although I have my own plots set out.[...]

Objective points are on page 277/8. Basically, the Endevour has a set amount of achievement, depending on how big/difficult it is. You then get Achievement Points based on things you do toward the goals, ship equipment, etc. Continuing with the RPG VG example, this would be the bar on the side that says "You have 4/10 bear pelts".

In context, I hope "Friends" isn't code for "Lobotomized servitors" :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 25, 2016, 08:42:36 pm »

Eh, Voidslayer, should I come up with names for my boats crew, and some sort of number of other survivors off my old ship?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 25, 2016, 09:36:41 pm »

Objective points are on page 277/8. Basically, the Endevour has a set amount of achievement, depending on how big/difficult it is. You then get Achievement Points based on things you do toward the goals, ship equipment, etc. Continuing with the RPG VG example, this would be the bar on the side that says "You have 4/10 bear pelts".
Ooo :) I appreciate the contextualization for ease of understanding there. SO, is it possible for me to work on the endeavour to SPRUCE UP OUR SHIP in terms of starcharts and obtaining other things?

Maaaaybe I can do that by taking my time before the opera (and asking my buddy navigator to save me a seat). Hum!

...Ok now I think you're joking! :))
Nope. It's more like 'battle buddies' or 'depth understanding' :P Amara doesn't like servitors if its your friends (that's why I didn't pick that ONE component despite it fitting in the 1/1/1 slot)

So uh, I guess it's silently agreed that the Command deck now becomes a Combat deck with the addition of an Astropathic Choir Chambers then o_O?
Also *hugs* to VoidSlayer who seems busy busy :P

Where can I read about Corruption and Insanity points btw? :O I recall Cript talking to me about it but can't find it in the corebook.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:40:58 pm by Tiruin »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 25, 2016, 09:50:53 pm »

Ooo :) I appreciate the contextualization for ease of understanding there. SO, is it possible for me to work on the endeavour to SPRUCE UP OUR SHIP in terms of starcharts and obtaining other things?

Maaaaybe I can do that by taking my time before the opera (and asking my buddy navigator to save me a seat). Hum!

...Ok now I think you're joking! :))
Nope. It's more like 'battle buddies' or 'depth understanding' :P Amara doesn't like servitors if its your friends (that's why I didn't pick that ONE component despite it fitting in the 1/1/1 slot)

So uh, I guess it's silently agreed that the Command deck now becomes a Combat deck with the addition of an Astropathic Choir Chambers then o_O?
Also *hugs* to VoidSlayer who seems busy busy :P

Where can I read about Corruption and Insanity points btw? :O I recall Cript talking to me about it but can't find it in the corebook.

I would say probably not. Continuing the example, they are quests, basically anything that makes you richer. The main way of improving our ship would be acquisition rolls (that is to say, buying better things.) Its feasible/possible for ship upgrades and such to be a reward for an Endeavor, especially archeotech/xenotech/the special ones in Stars Of Inequity, but they wouldn't really be the end goal of the quest in itself. Basically, all you need to do to get a better starchart is to roll well on an acquisition roll, so its really not necessary to quest after them :P.

Corruption and Insanity points are on pg 295.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 25, 2016, 09:57:15 pm »

What would be a good/elite force to use for that mercenary endeavor that would make sense lore-wise? Like a platoon or two of Imperial guard storm troopers?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 25, 2016, 10:09:18 pm »

That would be almost certainly overdoing it. One would probably work fine. A platoon or three of standard guardsmen would probably work fine.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 25, 2016, 10:12:23 pm »

What would be a good/elite force to use for that mercenary endeavor that would make sense lore-wise? Like a platoon or two of Imperial guard storm troopers?

That would be almost certainly overdoing it. One would probably work fine. A platoon or three of standard guardsmen would probably work fine.

^This, plus you probably aren't going to find any, let alone any willing to work for you (it would basically be like visiting a small town and expecting to find a SEAL team). I think the Station had an IG outpost you could check, though again hiring them would be an issue :-/.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 25, 2016, 10:13:16 pm »

Not too in touch with the lore, all I know is that  storm-troopers are generally considered as good? Though I'm not too sure how the whole deals with Rogue Traders and the Departmento Munitorum work.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 25, 2016, 10:19:41 pm »

((I guess I'll be sacrificing any spare 'relaxation' to reduce my insanity points for this :P ...unless I misread that's how insanity works))

Removing Insanity points costs 100EXP per point, so it isn't something you can do anyway :-/.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 26, 2016, 12:30:41 am »

((I guess I'll be sacrificing any spare 'relaxation' to reduce my insanity points for this :P ...unless I misread that's how insanity works))

Removing Insanity points costs 100EXP per point, so it isn't something you can do anyway :-/.
I would love to know where to read about these because of:
1. Limited time D: While I can speed/depth-read, I can't find the right areas within the corebook that has these things noted down (ie I was all O_o when seeing Insanity/Corruption points and no idea where they are, unlike much of the book which says 'turn to Chapter {x} {descriptive title}')
2. More details \o/ VoidSlayer has gained +1 dedicated player because I am a nyoobie who is interested in all these :D Which, alongside y'all, is going to help make nice RPing and fun for all! As far as I assume!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 26, 2016, 12:53:40 am »

I would love to know where to read about these because of:
1. Limited time D: While I can speed/depth-read, I can't find the right areas within the corebook that has these things noted down (ie I was all O_o when seeing Insanity/Corruption points and no idea where they are, unlike much of the book which says 'turn to Chapter {x} {descriptive title}')
2. More details \o/ VoidSlayer has gained +1 dedicated player because I am a nyoobie who is interested in all these :D Which, alongside y'all, is going to help make nice RPing and fun for all! As far as I assume!

Under the Insanity section, under "Removing Insanity Points from A Character" on page 298, bottom right.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 26, 2016, 11:41:18 pm »

Working on the post now, yes very busy, and it is too chaos-damned hot.

Anyway just post the ship you want, combat and such has not even occurred yet.

For the astro charts, you need to investigate information then do a crafting/exploration roll to make the chart.  Or live the experience (chart your own path) if your investigation fails or the information is not available.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:00 pm »

For the astro charts, you need to investigate information then do a crafting/exploration roll to make the chart.  Or live the experience (chart your own path) if your investigation fails or the information is not available.
Hmm...if my current bolded action interrupts me enjoying the opera--can it be modified to "Try to gain {the above thing in your quote} via talking or attempting to talk with the Singer-Navigator after the show"? :3

And thanks dude for your hard work \o/
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31