Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41308 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #390 on: September 23, 2016, 02:34:38 pm »

Would the Light Carapace Armor be overly conspicuous? I assume that the Hellgun would be, to say nothing of the Heavy Bolter, although the Mono-sword might not be an odd thing to carry around.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 23, 2016, 02:59:36 pm »

Would the Light Carapace Armor be overly conspicuous? I assume that the Hellgun would be, to say nothing of the Heavy Bolter, although the Mono-sword might not be an odd thing to carry around.

You are going as a bodyguard, you could borrow the Astropath's power armor if you wanted :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 23, 2016, 07:47:50 pm »

Will post action tomorrow.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2016, 10:03:40 pm »

Personal armor is very, very prevalent in W40k. You're fine, Twin.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 23, 2016, 11:16:02 pm »

So..uh, since I guess everyone is silently...neutral with the ship vote, I'll...go through with it?

VoidSlayer: Noting a personal error in computing the stats, could I ask the following:
> Change Command Bridge to Combat Bridge
> Add in the Astropathic Choir Relay room into the ship

Thanks!

You are going as a bodyguard, you could borrow the Astropath's power armor if you wanted :P.
Y'all are going to be bigger, hulking targets. I will hide behind you nice folks and go pew pew with my pistol if ever we're under attack. :3
I wonder how far the distance of affect of my Lidless Stare is.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 23, 2016, 11:38:44 pm »

Wearing combat armor like the carapace sends a distinct message about who you are and what you expect.  Though if you are a bodyguard or want to flaunt your combat abilities, it might not be a bad message.

That said Bron has discovered, thanks to his desire to hunt cultists, one of the first endeavors!

To Hunt Man

Lesser Endeavor +1 profit factor
Bounty hunters have a delicate place in imperial society.  That they do not fight for glory and faith like other warriors, and this makes them outcasts.  However, when facing down the enemies of the empire, having a number of trained and experienced professionals who might save your life and soul for a few measly coins can not be discounted.  With the right credentials, soldiers and reputation a group of bounty hunters can act as various types of mercenaries, move their contracts between many different factions and make a hearty profit.

Objective 1: Form a mercenary company. 200 total
Themes: Trade at least 50, Creed at least 50, Criminal

One must not only find talented, or desperate, warriors and trackers but establish their legitimacy with the powers in the area, whether legal or otherwise.

Objective 2: Track Down the Prey 300 total
Themes: Criminal, Exploration

Finding and getting evidence against the enemy is often the hardest part of hunting, as any inquisitor or arbitrator will tell you.  Getting enough justification to shoot or even just finding their debased temples is an important skill for the new team to observe and learn.

Objective 3: Burn (and/or arrest) the Heretic 400 total
Themes: Military

Whether rounding up a drug den, setting holy flame to a xeno nest, slaying the gibbering spawn of the foolish or taking down a pirate ship, on the job training in how to deal with the varied threats they will face is important.

(Note: Objective 2 and 3 can be completed in any order)

Endeavors can be picked up many at a time, this could be a "side quest" type if you are not too serious about it.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 24, 2016, 12:59:03 pm »

If you have any questions as to how endeavors work please ask, these are the primary "quests" although I have my own plots set out.

You can suggest your own, though I will put out several plot hooks in the next few pages.

In the case of this one, you would have to recruit a bunch of guys, get them official/unofficial license and then lead them into investigation and combat.

The exploration challenge that Bron and Blightfang are on work like this.  They need 3 successes, the base difficulty is challenging +0 and they can use whatever skills they have that will be useful, each skill once per challenge, exploration skills tend to be the broadest/most relevant.  If you get enough failures you will fail and *fun* stuff will happen then you can start again or something.  Tests get easier as you succeed and harder as you fail, so using your best skills early on cna make further tests easier.

I am going to let Bron start off then Blightfang can follow up.  If you want to detail your attempt or just say the skill either is cool.

Sarvus is going to begin an investigation, Inquiry is generally the relevant skill.  The Tradesmaster's act may not reveal the real source of enmity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2016, 01:17:06 pm »

If you have any questions as to how endeavors work please ask, these are the primary "quests" although I have my own plots set out.

You can suggest your own, though I will put out several plot hooks in the next few pages.

In the case of this one, you would have to recruit a bunch of guys, get them official/unofficial license and then lead them into investigation and combat.

The exploration challenge that Bron and Blightfang are on work like this.  They need 3 successes, the base difficulty is challenging +0 and they can use whatever skills they have that will be useful, each skill once per challenge, exploration skills tend to be the broadest/most relevant.  If you get enough failures you will fail and *fun* stuff will happen then you can start again or something.  Tests get easier as you succeed and harder as you fail, so using your best skills early on cna make further tests easier.

I am going to let Bron start off then Blightfang can follow up.  If you want to detail your attempt or just say the skill either is cool.

Sarvus is going to begin an investigation, Inquiry is generally the relevant skill.  The Tradesmaster's act may not reveal the real source of enmity.

It of course means that our friendly Rival has come to town for a quick visit :P. Also, did Bron ever end up rolling the acquisition test he got?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2016, 01:29:41 pm »

I do have a couple of questions.

How should I get servitors?
Is it acceptable to assume the ship has some, like it'd have armsmen? Or would I need to acquire/build them or something?

I'd like to go into the station to see if any of the sister-experiments went through, so would I be able to roll acquisition for a gene-spoor sniffer (or whatever it's called. I can't remember if it's in RT, but I'm pretty certain it's in DH).

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2016, 01:37:39 pm »

Not quite sure what Im doing at this point.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2016, 01:51:28 pm »

My plan is to find and scout out heresy and probably slam in after some preparation with some power armor.

Not sure about the requisition, maybe lightning claws or a plasma gun. Need to get into combat to see what I would need to work on.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2016, 02:18:41 pm »

Ooh, another requisition, or just the starting one?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2016, 02:22:11 pm »

Ooh, another requisition, or just the starting one?
From the Dalen-Dash game, the GM gave me an acquisition, but I'm not sure on what to get
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 25, 2016, 02:47:41 am »

(its a way to introduce all the mechanics of acquisitions)

Update late tomorrow at the earliest, expect low life scum and high life, well, scum.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2016, 03:13:59 am »

I do have a couple of questions.

How should I get servitors?
Is it acceptable to assume the ship has some, like it'd have armsmen? Or would I need to acquire/build them or something?

I'd like to go into the station to see if any of the sister-experiments went through, so would I be able to roll acquisition for a gene-spoor sniffer (or whatever it's called. I can't remember if it's in RT, but I'm pretty certain it's in DH).
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31