Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41359 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2016, 01:53:47 pm »

Well, that's certainly a fair point, but it really doesn't give any estimation for if I can send a signal. You're right we're not moving that fast, but however I get my reference point for astropathic signals (which are based on real space) it's really unclear if I'm close enough to the station. Although we certainly could be, like MNII said, I guess something for the gm to say.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2016, 03:52:12 pm »

That was propably very stupid of me, but i just want to see the outraged faces of the other PCs

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2016, 04:23:30 pm »

Morale stirk, not moral.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2016, 04:25:11 pm »

Morale stirk, not moral.

No, Moral, not morale. Get it right n00b.

That was propably very stupid of me, but i just want to see the outraged faces of the other PCs

Nobody cares about mutants :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2016, 08:32:34 pm »

I really cant read anything in light blue...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2016, 08:43:54 pm »

Okay, so anyone not attending the opera, give an idea about what kind of place you would like to head to.  Port New Haven is a former pirate base which was a former wayfarer station.  It is has been expanded to include everything a way station to the unknown needs, with a population just shy of a million.

It is protected by powerful weapon systems, at least two naval frigates and whatever Trader vessels might be nearby.

The central area where the opera will be held is the governor's palace, literally in the palace itself, next to the grand cathedral.  This is an area of wealth, but also for commoners, both to receive the emperor's blessing at one of the 24 masses held daily, once per hour, or to witness those being punished in the central square on the pillars of righteousness.

In a ring, out from the cathedral is the Path to the Throne, a thriving marketplace of large stores and small stalls, offering many interesting goods and services.  The further from the Cathedral, the more dilapidated side tunnels become, until you reach the general docking port for small vessels.

The cathedral is next to the Naval Quarters, where naval personnel are housed and the astropathic choir sits.  Here the patrol paths are plotted for the navy to the handful of controlled systems in the expanse.  There is also a naval dock with advanced repair facilities.

Past the governors palace is the heart of the station, hydroponic farms, power stations and manufactoriums.  While much of what is supplied at the station comes from elsewhere, the station is self sufficient to a degree.  This is also the most common area for lowly workers who do the drudging labor while overseen by tech priests and nobles.  A shrine to the station's machine spirit is house somewhere in the tangle of structures. (legal fighting ring likely)

Above and below the station are great pylons to which most voidships dock, docking above station is generally considered an honor.

Lastly is the ruined sector, damaged decades ago when the station was first reclaimed it has seen a period of growth and reconstruction then abandonment.  While there are dark areas all over the station, this is a large area where those better left forgotten dwell.  Illegal small ship space docks and xeno establishments are rumored.  (illegal fighting ring certain)

A fortified section branches off to the side of the station, the quarters for Imperial guard and other warriors not generally welcome on the station.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2016, 08:44:25 pm »

If you wouldnt mind darkening the blue a shade in future post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2016, 08:54:27 pm »

This goes for custom colors like 'turquoise' and the like :3 My 'cornflowerblue' falls in between soft and light shades, so its visible in both.

Might I suggest some Navy or anything else along the lines? :D

-snipoperatime-
Any local librarium or such? I'd like to investigate my not-really-mentioned findings back on the planet I last visited since it was on the back of my mind. In the least, defensive systems and how to defend against them :O
Otherwise I'm attending the opera because I'm seeing another Navigator! :3
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:01:30 pm by Tiruin »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2016, 08:56:24 pm »

I think you mean left side for default, right is Darkling
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2016, 08:57:02 pm »

Her right, not yours :P.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2016, 09:01:41 pm »

Twinwolf is inside the monitor.

As for libraries, they are generally restricted.  Knowledge is power, guard it well.  You might be able to some information in the Path of Thrones, but a better bet would be Naval archives (which you might be able to access) the governors private collections (which you will need to convince him is a good idea) or the vaults of the machine cult (you will not be let in, outsider!).  The cathedral may have archives, you have no idea.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2016, 09:03:40 pm »

Y'know the more hilarious thing is I was thinking exactly what Twinwolf wrote, and her idea was exactly in mind when I typed 'right' down, thinking I was referring to the left but somehow I wrote 'right' and wow what. I'm seriously tired and I don't notice I'm tired O_o

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN RIGHT NO I SAID LEFT
 :-[
Thanks doods!
grumble grumble Stirk! XD

Also uh, I'm not that familiar with the hierarchy of importance. The Navigator's ideas other than 'ship on course = ok!' isn't that taken well in a meeting room? :O (Well I didn't have much to report on anyway but the Captain said me knowing what was happening beforehand was not of my concern so...I don't know how to read that XD)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2016, 09:15:47 pm »

Twinwolf is inside the monitor.

As for libraries, they are generally restricted.  Knowledge is power, guard it well.  You might be able to some information in the Path of Thrones, but a better bet would be Naval archives (which you might be able to access) the governors private collections (which you will need to convince him is a good idea) or the vaults of the machine cult (you will not be let in, outsider!).  The cathedral may have archives, you have no idea.

I know, it was a joke :P.

Y'know the more hilarious thing is I was thinking exactly what Twinwolf wrote, and her idea was exactly in mind when I typed 'right' down, thinking I was referring to the left but somehow I wrote 'right' and wow what. I'm seriously tired and I don't notice I'm tired O_o

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN RIGHT NO I SAID LEFT
 :-[
Thanks doods!
grumble grumble Stirk! XD

Also uh, I'm not that familiar with the hierarchy of importance. The Navigator's ideas other than 'ship on course = ok!' isn't that taken well in a meeting room? :O (Well I didn't have much to report on anyway but the Captain said me knowing what was happening beforehand was not of my concern so...I don't know how to read that XD)

Well basically nothing happened before you entered the room :P. As in, the Astropath reported when we will arrive (which you would know, and would probably be the one to tell him in the first place), then the Senchel said he would take care of the resupplying (again, not something the Navi would have to worry about.) Your ideas on how the ship are doing are incredibly important, but there isn't much to talk about if everything is normal.

In terms of hierarchy, you are pretty far up there in terms of influence. You are basically a noble in your own right, and you wouldn't be invited to the meetings if you where not important enough to listen to.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2016, 09:20:53 pm »

Okay, so anyone not attending the opera, give an idea about what kind of place you would like to head to.

I'd imagine messing about in the ruined sector, grabbing a few drinks, and attempting to requisition some items would be what Bron would do at the station. Probably not trying to be too noticeable, hell I'd invite the Kroot and a couple entrusted crew-members that can hold a gun to see what slaneesh pleasure cults trouble we could get into in the ruined sector, plot-hook provided or not.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2016, 11:18:33 pm »

This goes for custom colors like 'turquoise' and the like :3 My 'cornflowerblue' falls in between soft and light shades, so its visible in both.
Might I suggest some Navy or anything else along the lines? :D
I couldn't read either Navy or the normal blue on Darkling, so I've opted for Teal. Does this work for everyone?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31