Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41419 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #345 on: September 21, 2016, 03:02:46 pm »

Kassire as Bron the Dirty Mutant (Archmilitant)

You have way too much starting equipment, the armor is your free one but I do not see why you have these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And some of your other gear, please start from scratch and check what you are given.  Also you need to choose your weapon mastery.

You can PM me your vile deformity if you wish, it should be hideous.  I assume you keep it hidden most of the time to avoid random crew members rushing to attack you.
Err, I fixed it, I was under the impression that if an item's common or poor quality made it's acquisition 0 that I'd be able to get it. PM coming soon(ish)

You only get one starting item under the acquisition rules :P. There is an alternative rule, but that would mean you could only choose items of common rarity and craftsmanship, and we don't seem to be using it anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 21, 2016, 03:05:34 pm »

Kassire as Bron the Dirty Mutant (Archmilitant)

You have way too much starting equipment, the armor is your free one but I do not see why you have these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And some of your other gear, please start from scratch and check what you are given.  Also you need to choose your weapon mastery.

You can PM me your vile deformity if you wish, it should be hideous.  I assume you keep it hidden most of the time to avoid random crew members rushing to attack you.
Err, I fixed it, I was under the impression that if an item's common or poor quality made it's acquisition 0 that I'd be able to get it. PM coming soon(ish)

You only get one starting item under the acquisition rules :P. There is an alternative rule, but that would mean you could only choose items of common rarity and craftsmanship, and we don't seem to be using it anyway.
Maybe that threw me off when reading? I dunno, I should pay more attention to those kind of things next time.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2016, 04:26:34 pm »

In general, because of your profit factor, anything that is at +60 would be roll under 100 on a d100 to acquire.

These are things so common you could probably just ask a crew man to lend you one, but add ons to weapons and better then common quality things need to be regularly acquired.  They would also still take time.  But if you want a common knife, shotgun, crossbow, leather armor and the like you can, but most of the stuff you guys start with are better then that.

An example of acquiring combined things like the Best quality mono shock knife would be to start at the most expensive part, shock at rare -10 then subtract -5 for each add on (shock + mono) -20 for best then you could get a single one (+30) at -10 total.

You could get a single poor quality las gun whenever you wanted really, would take about a day.

Do not worry about the acquisition stuff it is kinda weirdly worded, say what you want and I will tell you how long it will take and what your chances are.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 22, 2016, 01:30:21 am »

Sorry I've been so inactive, I've been really busy. I should be more active now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 22, 2016, 09:22:31 am »

I'm not actually sure if I can send a message if we're in warp travel, or how that would actually work with us being in some sorta warp tunnel between two gates (since it's based on real space distances and all), so possibly our interaction may be not cannon, but I'm I'm willing to give it a try!  :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2016, 10:13:33 am »

I’m interested, but have no up to date knowledge of 40k (i.e. about 10 years old) and no knowledge of the system, so I think I will just ptw to see what it is like, it's intrigued me for a while.
Oh goodness I know this is late but me too! The knowledge I've got is more from playing the more recent games  (ie Battlefleet Gothic: Armada//other Dawn of War stuff) on my brother's PC, and also the Warhammer40k Wiki!
And y'know, avid reading of the corebooks since I don't see it as a technical manual given that I use my imagination to look deeper into 'hmm, imagine this already in play' as I read technical rules and all.

Also Amara's low 'Fel' is more on her informal nature and totally black eyes, I bet. :P

I'm not actually sure if I can send a message if we're in warp travel, or how that would actually work with us being in some sorta warp tunnel between two gates (since it's based on real space distances and all), so possibly our interaction may be not cannon, but I'm I'm willing to give it a try!  :P
We're not yet in warp travel. The message in my spoiler was like, 3 weeks ago. So we're currently drifting on course to the station in 3 weeks. We DID pass the gate and are now on the fringes of the Aurorus Expanse, or somewhere in it...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2016, 10:17:07 am »

I'm pretty sure that from the word "emerges" (and even more strongly put in your spoiler that we're in a tunnel) we're still in the warp, and have been for three weeks (no clue if that's three weeks subjective or objective time of course). Just in a particularly calm tunnel of it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 22, 2016, 10:19:48 am »

I'm pretty sure that from the word "emerges" (and even more strongly put in your spoiler that we're in a tunnel) we're still in the warp, and have been for three weeks (no clue if that's three weeks subjective or objective time of course). Just in a particularly calm tunnel of it.
I asked the GM in a PM, so I'm *PRETTY* sure about what I said there. Especially when it was a query on what was meant by the spoiler and when it was meant because I was confused. :P Coincidentally, that was when I submitted the Rogue Planet talks over PM. I left the stitching and how it'll be run to him because total plot trust funtime \o/ but I'm happy to have made and finished the baseline of the planet.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 22, 2016, 10:37:13 am »

I’m interested, but have no up to date knowledge of 40k (i.e. about 10 years old) and no knowledge of the system, so I think I will just ptw to see what it is like, it's intrigued me for a while.
Oh goodness I know this is late but me too! The knowledge I've got is more from playing the more recent games  (ie Battlefleet Gothic: Armada//other Dawn of War stuff) on my brother's PC, and also the Warhammer40k Wiki!
And y'know, avid reading of the corebooks since I don't see it as a technical manual given that I use my imagination to look deeper into 'hmm, imagine this already in play' as I read technical rules and all.

Also Amara's low 'Fel' is more on her informal nature and totally black eyes, I bet. :P

We're not yet in warp travel. The message in my spoiler was like, 3 weeks ago. So we're currently drifting on course to the station in 3 weeks. We DID pass the gate and are now on the fringes of the Aurorus Expanse, or somewhere in it...

We are pretty much always in Warp Travel if we are going anywhere-its the only way we can go FTL. Its possible that we are in real space after a jump, but it doesn't really sound like it to me.

Also, its kinda odd how you have "eyes as black as the warp" and "Unremarkable." :P. "Hey, did you just see that person walk by? That one with the strange eyes?" "Eh, looked pretty generic if you asked me..."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 22, 2016, 11:32:29 am »

Also, its kinda odd how you have "eyes as black as the warp" and "Unremarkable." :P. "Hey, did you just see that person walk by? That one with the strange eyes?" "Eh, looked pretty generic if you asked me..."
Hah, just what I thought too! But then I noticed 'huh, anyone can take this as their backstory, even those with mutant stuff...' so I guessed I learned how to either:
> Make it casual. Which I choose to explain my low Fel instead!
> Or more practically, learn how to hide it. Like a thin opague strip that makes me look 'blinded' but I can see through it. This also comes in when I'm in public--at least 'not on the ship' public.

We are pretty much always in Warp Travel if we are going anywhere-its the only way we can go FTL. Its possible that we are in real space after a jump, but it doesn't really sound like it to me.
I...uh, didn't know that ._.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2016, 01:26:24 pm »

I'm not actually sure if I can send a message if we're in warp travel, or how that would actually work with us being in some sorta warp tunnel between two gates (since it's based on real space distances and all), so possibly our interaction may be not cannon, but I'm willing to give it a try!  :P
I did a little wiki dive, and I didn't find anything that said we can't do it. The only canon discussion of Astropathic signals in the Warp I could find was the Astronomicon, the giant lighthouse of the Warp.
I did find a non-canon reference to astropathic signals sent from a ship during warp travel in All-Guardsmen Party, but that's very non-canon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2016, 01:46:34 pm »

Heh, yeah, I guess it makes some sense that I can probably do it in warp! But I still probably can't do it (maybe) in this tunnel, from what I've been able to gather (from looking at a random map I googled) the tunnel stretches probably somewhere around 50,000 lightyears! (from the Calixis sector to somewhere near tau space in the Ultima Segmentum), if we're traveling that distance in only 6 weeks (which if I didn't fuck up the math means we're moving at 80 billion miles per second), we are very likely moving faster then an astropathic signal can, and almost certainly I don't have the strength to send a signal from the halfway point to one end. Even if it turns out much closer then that (IE, somewhere else in the Ultima Segmentum, I guess tau scouting fleets don't necessarily mean we're near the tau empire) it'd still quite possibly be beyond my abilities.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2016, 01:48:45 pm »

I suppose we'll leave the exact details to the DM, then.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2016, 01:49:42 pm »

I wonder if the gellar field would interfere with it while in the warp.
That said, I would also not be too surprised at messages sent via the warp beig able to be sent and recieved in the warp.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2016, 01:50:52 pm »

Heh, yeah, I guess it makes some sense that I can probably do it in warp! But I still probably can't do it (maybe) in this tunnel, from what I've been able to gather (from looking at a random map I googled) the tunnel stretches probably somewhere around 50,000 lightyears! (from the Calixis sector to somewhere near tau space in the Ultima Segmentum), if we're traveling that distance in only 6 weeks (which if I didn't fuck up the math means we're moving at 80 billion miles per second), we are very likely moving faster then an astropathic signal can, and almost certainly I don't have the strength to send a signal from the halfway point to one end. Even if it turns out much closer then that (IE, somewhere else in the Ultima Segmentum, I guess tau scouting fleets don't necessarily mean we're near the tau empire) it'd still quite possibly be beyond my abilities.

Well not really, Reaspace and Warpspace doesn't line up in a one-to-one fashion. We aren't so much moving super fast as we are skipping a bunch of space.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31