Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41480 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2016, 09:52:20 pm »

Since I rolled for profit factor/ship points the warrent path just replaces that really.  Not going to go into it, if you guys want you can make something up but it will not have a mechanical effect.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2016, 09:57:03 pm »

Warrant paths are for figuring out the history of the Rouge Traders warrant of trade, and is in Into the Storm.

Hey, can I haul about cargo in a shark assault boat? It fits the backstory, isint too OP for combat, and can hold 50 passengers...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2016, 09:58:56 pm »

Well, the tenebro maze or some barracks would be pretty neat, and helpful if we end up in a lot of ship combat, which I would think we would.
I can actually use my physic powers to duplicate a tenebro maze if we're boarded. Assuming I'm allowed to use "New Astropath Shipboard Actions" from navis primer and into the storm during space combat (which  I hope I will cuz otherwise I'm gunna be pretttttty useless in ship combat.)

Not quite as good as having a maze itself since I can fail the roll or be killed or something, but probably means it's not worth buying itself.

Speaking of which, I'd also like to throw in an Astropathic Choir-chambers as a possible consideration, although it's a pretty selfish ask, but it'd make me much more useful in ship to ship combat (although of course, if I'm not allowed to use the new actions then it's fairly pointless.) size it raises my range by... A very large amount. It looks cheap 1/1/1, but I wouldn't be surprised if we can find some better uses for those points somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:01:01 pm by Criptfeind »

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2016, 10:01:29 pm »

speaking of which, I'd also like to throw in an Astropathic Choir-chambers as a possible consideration, although it's a pretty selfish ask, but it'd make me much more useful in ship to ship combat (although of course, if I'm not allowed to use the new actions then it's fairly pointless.) size it raises my range by... A very large amount.
I mean, the more psychic ability means for more hilarity. Therefore it couldn't hurt
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2016, 10:04:34 pm »

Warrant paths are for figuring out the history of the Rouge Traders warrant of trade, and is in Into the Storm.

Hey, can I haul about cargo in a shark assault boat? It fits the backstory, isint too OP for combat, and can hold 50 passengers...

By default if you keep the lighter bay there will be several "non-combat" (read lightly armed) cutters specialized for hauling cargo and people to stations and planets.  Also room for a few personal ships.  You just will not have an attack wing or anything like that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2016, 10:06:52 pm »

Also the rogue trader needs to add the last child to his character sheet.  Gain Barter and Trade(any one) plus +3 to Int or Fel.  You also lose 2 profit factor.  As I am choosing it, it is free.

That would be Holt then? We should probably get all the character sheets in one place for you. Seeing as I have a competent senchel, I'll go for +3 Fel and Trade(Trader (Fel)), because that is the only one that makes any sense with my backstory :P.

Well, the tenebro maze or some barracks would be pretty neat, and helpful if we end up in a lot of ship combat, which I would think we would.
I can actually use my physic powers to duplicate a tenebro maze if we're boarded. Assuming I'm allowed to use "New Astropath Shipboard Actions" from navis primer and into the storm during space combat (which  I hope I will cuz otherwise I'm gunna be pretttttty useless in ship combat.)

Not quite as good as having a maze itself since I can fail the roll or be killed or something, but probably means it's not worth buying itself.

Speaking of which, I'd also like to throw in an Astropathic Choir-chambers as a possible consideration, although it's a pretty selfish ask, but it'd make me much more useful in ship to ship combat (although of course, if I'm not allowed to use the new actions then it's fairly pointless.) size it raises my range by... A very large amount. It looks cheap 1/1/1, but I wouldn't be surprised if we can find some better uses for those points somewhere.

It costs like 1 of each, it should be cheap enough to fit in.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2016, 10:09:16 pm »

Also the rogue trader needs to add the last child to his character sheet.  Gain Barter and Trade(any one) plus +3 to Int or Fel.  You also lose 2 profit factor.  As I am choosing it, it is free.
Who is the RT, anyway?

Since it's only 1, I think we could probably fit it in.

As for the required xeno-tech module thing, Gravity Sails or Runecaster maybe? The micro-laser thing looks pretty cool too.
Honestly, I'm eying that Shard Cannon. It's got similar stats to a Mars-Pattern, but takes up no power and has a better Crit Rating.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2016, 10:10:31 pm »

Who is the RT, anyway?
Stirk is the Rogue Trader

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2016, 10:12:41 pm »

As a repost:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Backup done~. I was thinking of taking him into a beast master type character (Faith and Coin advance). For more near-future, probably getting his hands on some Manstopper bullets will be first priority, then a motion detector, then a second autopistol with this two things to make me suitably OP :P.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2016, 10:14:02 pm »

Spoiler: Bron (click to show/hide)
Linked sheet would be more current than the quoted sheet
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:20:30 pm by Kassire »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2016, 10:30:01 pm »

Well, I just wanted one. Also, most ships seem to have Arvus lighters or a few HALO barges, both of which are rather worthless in combat.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2016, 10:37:27 pm »

Sarvus Marticusin
Spoiler: Characteristics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Talents: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Misc. Bonuses (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nature (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My ideal ship loadout: (click to show/hide)

@Stirk:
I had an idea for crossing-over my backstory with the RT's: The idea there is that my family of minor nobles is sworn to, or at least close allies your dynasty, and sent a promising member of my family to serve on the dynasty's latest ship-namely me, under you. They called in some serious favors to get me placed highly in the crew. Do you have any problem with that?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2016, 10:42:41 pm »

Sarvus Marticusin

@Stirk:
I had an idea for crossing-over my backstory with the RT's: The idea there is that my family of minor nobles is sworn to, or at least close allies your dynasty, and sent a promising member of my family to serve on the dynasty's latest ship-namely me, under you. They called in some serious favors to get me placed highly in the crew. Do you have any problem with that?

Sounds good, remember that much of the imperium is feudal in politics.  It may be that your family is helping back the venture, and they have no real choice but to let you on.  You guys can decide on the whos and whats-its.

Edit: Also feel free to change the name of the ship, I just went for a 'Culture' themed one.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2016, 10:52:46 pm »

Sarvus Marticusin

@Stirk:

It seems fine. I actually have a more-or-less open Peer trait I could switch to your group if you think it would fit. I should probably flesh out the Rivalry a bit too, but I wanted to leave that more open for the GM.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2016, 11:14:51 pm »

Sarvus Marticusin

@Stirk:

It seems fine. I actually have a more-or-less open Peer trait I could switch to your group if you think it would fit. I should probably flesh out the Rivalry a bit too, but I wanted to leave that more open for the GM.

Oh shoot you have the rival trait, ignore the stuff about dynasty options unless you want to pick one and pay the exp cost, I have an idea for the rival.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31