Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41354 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2016, 11:12:00 pm »

So how does character creation go? I have the Dark Heresy rulebook, but not the Rogue Trader one.

Let us start then on the origin path, Choose a homeworld!

Death world
Voidborn
Forge World
Hive World
Imperial World
Nobel Born

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2016, 11:29:11 pm »

Level three, I think it was.

We not using into the storm? If we are, there are some other options. Like:

Frontier world, Footfallen, Fortress world, Battlefleet, Penal world, and Child of Dynasty.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2016, 11:34:18 pm »

GM: What would a Best Quality Calculance Array be like?

And can you roll for Starting Profit Factor and Soup Points?
NO SOUP FOR YOU.
Aww...

Can I at least have ship points?
Also,

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2016, 11:51:44 pm »

Alrighty, finally got that done:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2016, 11:57:29 pm »

You have rolled a 4 for the dynasty.  Middle of the road, 40 profit factor, 50 ship points.

This puts cruisers of any size out of your price range, but a poor quality frigate might still be yours at low low prices!

The ship also has Martial Hubris, +5 to BS tests, but -15 to tests to escape combat.

The ship is also Xenophilious, you must select one xenotech component.  You also have a -30 chance to repair the ship.  Also why do you have that you xeno loving pie---- <transmission cut>

The Aurorus Expanse is located inside the Ultima Segmentum but surrounded on all sides by difficult to navigate warp storms.  This effectively cuts it off from all but the most desperate or foolish, because even if a path could be found in, a way out would vanish.  However there is a stable warp gate, able to pass even the largest battleships, which was found during the first crusade.  This passes from the Calixis sector across half the galaxy.  While it still takes months to traverse the distance, it is done in peace and stability.

Every enemy of mankind was found on the most recent crusade, trapped in the expanse along with the few human survivors.  Tau scouting fleets, Traitor fleets, the ever present orcs, a Craftworld which seems to stay only in the expanse and at least 3 worlds subjected to exterminatus for undisclosed reasons.

Our Bravish crew so far:

Aseaheru as Herenton the VOIDMASTER (to do: Choose a voidmaster specialization, answer the six questions)

Ghazkull as Blightfang the Dirty Xeno Kroot (to do pair down your exp choices to 500 {you do not need to spend it all}, answer the six questions)

Cheesecake as ??? the Rogue Trader

My Name is Immaterial as Sarvus the Seneschal (to do answer the six questions)

Criptfeind as Nathin the Astropath Transcendent (to do Answer the six questions)

Stirk as Lucius the Missionary

If anyone else wants to make a character feel free, I was looking for 5 but there is some wiggle room, particularly since we can split the part!  If you do not get in you can be a reserve for when rainbows and bunnies happens.

Six questions:

1. What is your Demeanor: Loyal and optomistic?  Unyielding and Bitter?  Sarcastic and seething with anger?

2. Why are you a leader aboard a Rogue Trader vessel?

3. Why does the Aurorus Expanse call to you?

4. What will you sacrifice?

5. What is your ambition?

6. What are your hatreds?

Uh did I miss anything?

@Aseaheru: You can use anything official, but I do not have it, so explain it.

It would still only give +10 to commerce skill tests but it would be quiet, light enough to be pushed around on wheels  instead of on a track, could hook directly into some heretical tech maybe and might have a particularly helpful machine spirit.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:03:33 am by VoidSlayer »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 12:04:51 am »

PTW ._. All my knowledge of WH40k comes from both my older brother's expansive library of books, and the DoW games, and the online wiki (Lexicanum & WH40k Wiki).
Would love to make a character and/or play, but I've no idea how these things work. x~x

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 12:08:51 am »

PTW ._. All my knowledge of WH40k comes from both my older brother's expansive library of books, and the DoW games, and the online wiki (Lexicanum & WH40k Wiki).
Would love to make a character and/or play, but I've no idea how these things work. x~x

You can play an arch militant, instead of knowing things your job would be to punch and shoot things, then lead other people in punching and shooting things.

Making a character is actually rather simple if you do not care about min/maxing.  Heck basically anything you choose will be playable, just have fun with it:

Death world
Voidborn
Forge World
Hive World
Imperial World
Nobel Born

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 12:12:14 am »

You can play an arch militant, instead of knowing things your job would be to punch and shoot things, then lead other people in punching and shooting things.

Making a character is actually rather simple if you do not care about min/maxing.  Heck basically anything you choose will be playable, just have fun with it:

Death world
Voidborn
Forge World
Hive World
Imperial World
Nobel Born
If this is to me (and wow, if this is to me then I'm SO :-[), I'd pick a Death World. :D But on my confusion about making a character--I've no idea what the books are! So that's more the trouble ._.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 12:15:26 am »

Well, heres what every world does.

Spoiler: Voidborn or Footfallen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:19:04 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 12:18:00 am »

Death world
Voidborn
Forge World
Hive World
Imperial World
Nobel Born
If this is to me (and wow, if this is to me then I'm SO :-[), I'd pick a Death World. :D But on my confusion about making a character--I've no idea what the books are! So that's more the trouble ._.

I think its you  :P.

The ship is also Xenophilious, you must select one xenotech component.  You also have a -30 chance to repair the ship.  Also why do you have that you xeno loving pie---- <transmission cut>

Obviously, the Xenos scum working for us brought it with him, as an offering as he kowtowed at our feet and stated how much better humanity was than scum like him :P.

Also, yay! I was starting to worry that I didn't get in.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 01:10:15 am »

Wait...am I being helped in making a character (probably since all the books are physical and there's no pdf ._.)? :-[
Oooooo ._____.
So...Arch Militant is the only position left? K! Trying out for that :D

Going with Death World trying to read up on everything since Arch Militant is the only position left, before making the choice .(thanks for the details!)

Going with Battlefleet--just checking up details on everything else (thanks MNII, it takes forever to load though :v). Unsure if the traits of "Navigation(Stellar) OR Pilot(Spacecraft)" stack with other characters?
I'd be picking Navigation(Stellar) however.

I don't think I can load up the thing of yours MNII ._.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:47:54 am by Tiruin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2016, 01:21:03 am »

So it's FCFS? Eurgh, I probably won't be able to make a sheet in time then.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2016, 01:42:41 am »

If I may vote, I'm in favor of Runecaster: we'll need good navigation if the warp storms are as bad as they sound.

It would still only give +10 to commerce skill tests but it would be quiet, light enough to be pushed around on wheels  instead of on a track, could hook directly into some heretical tech maybe and might have a particularly helpful machine spirit.
Hmm. Tempting. Let me get back to you on that.

Gonna finish up my sheet now.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2016, 04:21:58 am »

Ghazkull as Blightfang the Dirty Xeno Kroot (to do pair down your exp choices to 500 {you do not need to spend it all}, answer the six questions)

What do you mean with pair down my exp choices to 500...do we start with only 500 exp?

1. What is your Demeanor: Loyal and optomistic?  Unyielding and Bitter?  Sarcastic and seething with anger?
-loyal but greedy, the dry humour of the Kroot paired with the usual hunger for more meat and wealth

2. Why are you a leader aboard a Rogue Trader vessel?
- I am a Mercenary, Rogue Traders pay well and i get to eat many different things

3. Why does the Aurorus Expanse call to you?
-It doesn't call at all i just ended up here. My Kindred was in the vicinity and i hired on with the Rogue Trader

4. What will you sacrifice?
-Preferably i make the other dumb bastard sacrifice, but if i have to i suppose my life will do.

5. What is your ambition?
- FOOOD

6. What are your hatreds?
- Demons for i can't eat them and i suppose Genestealers/Tyranids because they are tasty

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31