Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41280 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #420 on: September 27, 2016, 01:38:46 am »

For the astro charts, you need to investigate information then do a crafting/exploration roll to make the chart.  Or live the experience (chart your own path) if your investigation fails or the information is not available.
Hmm...if my current bolded action interrupts me enjoying the opera--can it be modified to "Try to gain {the above thing in your quote} via talking or attempting to talk with the Singer-Navigator after the show"? :3

And thanks dude for your hard work \o/

Unfortunately, you enjoyed the opera instead of doing what you planned, wasting an hour of common lore investigation about simple lore.  Slannesh strikes again!  just kidding/not kidding.  You could attempt this again, it will take an hour or less.

Basically your lore and scholastic skills could be used to get good info, your trade skill could allow you to expertly copy it.  These are not the only use for your skills just for what you are asking to do.  Asking a fellow navigator is also a good idea!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 27, 2016, 01:40:27 am »

Also the mutant has fear (1) since Blightfang failed his roll by the maximum possible I rerolled it for you.  Gotta up that profit factor to get a fearless Kroot.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 27, 2016, 01:55:29 am »

Oh feel free to correct anything about your character's actions or anything not grim, dark or grimdark enough, I just skim anything I am unsure about from wikis.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 27, 2016, 01:42:50 pm »

Eh, Voidslayer, should I come up with names for my boats crew, and some sort of number of other survivors off my old ship?
Since my character has more or less been sitting waiting on that sorta thing since reply #6 in the IC thread.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 27, 2016, 01:44:57 pm »

Eh, Voidslayer, should I come up with names for my boats crew, and some sort of number of other survivors off my old ship?
Since my character has more or less been sitting waiting on that sorta thing since reply #6 in the IC thread.

Ah sorry I thought I already answered this.  Minor NPCs, particularly part of your crew, can be played and created by your characters.  If anything "happens" I will take control of them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 27, 2016, 01:59:49 pm »

Allright. Any numbers on other surviving crew from the Spirit of Retribution among the God Emperors Stars and their ranks, or else instructions on coming up with them?
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 27, 2016, 02:02:54 pm »

Allright. Any numbers on other surviving crew from the Spirit of Retribution among the God Emperors Stars and their ranks, or else instructions on coming up with them?

Wait was this the warp breach or the pirates, too many ruined ships.

I would imagine several of your crew survived, since you got out (although several also would have perished) and the remaining survivors would be literally what could fit in your attack ship at most, everyone else was consumed by demons/were in the void ship when it exploded.  Most of them would be random guys from all areas of a void ship who used your attack ship as a life boat.

Anyone higher ranking or in other divisions (like priests, mechanus adapts, and the like outside normal ranks) then you would likely be working in other areas of the current void ship.

Oh right also, they were more severely effected by the event then you.  Hereton had the strength of will to get through it, they would likely have failed if not for your support and leadership.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:06:35 pm by VoidSlayer »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2016, 02:40:34 pm »

Yah, it was pirates.

Should I get them stats, skills, or similar?
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2016, 02:57:11 pm »

Yah, it was pirates.

Should I get them stats, skills, or similar?

Ehhhh if they need stats I can cook them up, just give them a name, look, outlook, job and such things as needed.  If you want them to actually be competent/loyal and/or well armed outside of the norm, you'll need to acquire training and/or equipment for them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2016, 03:22:27 pm »

To make things simpler: crew usually employ their crew rating when any test is required, unless you have something more specialized like Household Guard or bodyguards, or a Navigator's relief.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 28, 2016, 12:15:46 am »

To make things simpler: crew usually employ their crew rating when any test is required, unless you have something more specialized like Household Guard or bodyguards, or a Navigator's relief.
What's that last bit?
...What's the bits on all those bits in the corebook again? :-X I should really read everything once more over the second time around...

Anyway just post the ship you want, combat and such has not even occurred yet.
Alright! :3
So I don't really know the implications of an Astropathic Choir Chambers other than having the general idea that 'this helps send messages better, along with a far greater distance, with more specificity so they won't be that much intercepted'

Although I am SOOOOO tempted to downgrade the sensors and change the ship to a Tempest Frigate [overall drop in combat + turret rating returning to the mundane "1"; +1 to armor and hull integrity] (counter: I have no idea how 'useful' a ship's detection is to our long-term efficiency, nor on how much we're going to face SHIP TO SHIP combat and such) in order to provide for a Markov I drive (vs the Strelov I drive, that's an increase of 2/2/1). The Markov performs the same, but saves 1d5 WEEKS to travel time \o/
...In so much that we can probably arrive earlier than when we left given our Runecaster bonus and stuff. Unsure how much that can help--and I'm partly biased because of watching bits of Star Trek. :P
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:22:23 am by Tiruin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 28, 2016, 02:19:24 am »

If we arrive to places before we've left (which can and has happened in the lore before) we might meet ourselves at some point, and then Sierra would have to try to eat herself.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 28, 2016, 02:22:54 am »

If we arrive to places before we've left (which can and has happened in the lore before) we might meet ourselves at some point, and then Sierra would have to try to eat herself.

Well, and also the standard imperial response to a time paradox is to blow up both ships.  Not always, but standard.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 28, 2016, 10:26:53 am »

Well, and also the standard imperial response to a time paradox is to blow up both ships.  Not always, but standard.

The standard Imperial response to most things is to blow up everything involved :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 28, 2016, 11:44:52 am »

I hope it's okay that I'm not really doing much. I'm having fun and paying attention, I just can't feel like it's really in my character to, at least right now, do much rather then try to watch and learn from the other captain  :P

Also hah... I'm already sorta feeling sad about my character design choices, probabbbbbbbbly should have gone for that mind link so I can actually do my duties as psychic radio. >.> Ah well, I'll rectify it if we ever hit the next tier.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31