Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [IC] Of Shadow and Flame: EP1 - Beginnings  (Read 5673 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Of Shadow and Flame: EP1 - Beginnings
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2016, 08:47:00 am »

"MOVE YOUR ASSES!"
Suddenly, both Enzo and Tsukiko get shoved out of the way, onto the side of the street by Erina, who looks pissed as she stands between both of her friends and the monster, keeping an eye on the feline creature.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2016, 09:06:22 am »

Tsukiko stumbles backwards as she's pushed, and she seems to come to. Her gaze locks on the monster with a mixture of horror and.. something else.
Black lives matter.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2016, 09:14:22 am »

Morwenna skidded to a stop alongside Rairi, turning back towards the scene as her friend did.
"We can't fight that thing, I mean look at it."
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2016, 04:32:29 pm »

"Very well." Erina felt a strange sensation suffusing her body, seeming to build slowly, of power, as if her limbs were lighter and she could move mountains on a whim, before it reached a peak - and then continued into gut-wrenching, agonizing pain, as if her entire body, inside and out, had been set aflame.
[Tenacity: 14. Failure]
She feels somewhat sickly after the pain recedes, but more importantly, she feels stronger. And looks a bit different too.
"The surge of your first transformation should be enough to allow you to fight. Now, quickly, the rest of you, too. The cat approaches Tsukiko alongside the street, and speaks loudly enough that Morwenna, Rairi, and Yuko should be able to hear him. "I can offer you enough power to face down foes like this, as I told your friend, but it comes with the obligation of using it to protect those of my kind. Do you agree to this condition?"

The emergency responder tells Yuko that help is on the way, and asks her to stay on the line. Something tells her that she might get distracted in the near future, though...

The beast has now stood up fully, and it roars at the primary one facing it - Takeshi, or at least someone that looks sort of like and sounds exactly like him, who stands protectively in front of Enzo's unmoving body. It roars a second time, then charges! It slams into Takeshi, who, with a shout of effort, shoves the beast back and lands a quick barrage of strikes against it, driving it further away - though he does seem to be rather the worse for wear, his silvery armor crumpled in one place and leaking crimson while the lurid green-teal glow - had you really not noticed that before? - surrounding him seemed to flare up around the spot.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:42:08 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2016, 04:42:33 pm »

Tsukiko crouches down low, staring the thing in the eyes.

"Help me save my friend, and I would kill for you."
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2016, 05:01:33 pm »

Erina looks around at her body, looking around as she feels the mask on her head, the axe on her back and the clothes she's now wearing. She flashes an audacious grin.
"Tch....let's do this then. HEY! ASSHOLE! I'LL RIP YOU A NEW ONE FOR THAT, YOU FURRY BASTARD!"
Drawing her axe from her back, Erina roars defiantly as she runs towards the beast with her axe slashing wildly, going over to assist Takeshi!
>That Takeshi guy? He's fighting this thing too? Whatever. I'll ask him when I'm done kicking this thing into next week!<

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2016, 06:32:44 pm »

Rairi shot a panicked glance at Morwenna, looking for an answer, but there was none she could take. She shouted at the cat thing, "FINE! DO IT."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2016, 01:37:24 pm »

For a moment Morwenna hesitated, looking over the rest of the group. Her eyes stopping on Erina, Yuko and then finally Rairi. If she could fight alongside them then maybe... Hearing Rairi's voice tipped her over the edge.
"I'll fight too." she said, yelling above the sounds of battle.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2016, 08:38:28 pm »

"Good. This will only take an instant." The cat's eyes flash, and all of the other girls are infused with the same feeling that Erina was; a building energy suffusing them that quickly turned to agony.

[Tsukiko: Tenacity: 15. Success] Tsukiko feels ready to fight after it fades!
[Rairi: Tenacity: 17. Success] The pain doesn't stick with Rairi, either.
[Morwenna: Tenacity: 16. Success] Morwenna, similarly, toughs it out.
[Yuko: Tenacity: 12. Fail] Yuko drops her phone in shock. She feels a bit sickly, but otherwise ready to go.

The beast looks on warily, but after a moment, rage overcomes reason. It charges again!

((React to your transformations while I stat this up.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2016, 08:43:40 pm »

Tsukiko calmly looks down at her new clothes, and the ground - it definitely hadn't been that far away a second ago. Then the cool handle of the bow and weight of its quiver register; she examines those too. They were amazing, she thought. The outfit too.

Tsukiko decided she liked this new look very much. She calmly turns to the other and speaks, in a much more refined manner than normal:

"I believe, my friends, that we have a monster we need to dispose of."

Black lives matter.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2016, 04:00:29 pm »

Morwenna gritted her teeth as the pain swept through her, for a moment she closed her eyes and winced. When she opened them again everything about her had changed, she looked down in shock at her new form, she couldn't even recognise herself. Her normal boyish appearance modified into something more resembling royalty, her hand went to her now lengthened hair wondering how on earth it could grow so quickly. She began to wonder how any of this was possible at all but as she looked towards the monster she realised it was a silly question. She began to speak but hesitated as she realised she didn't have a mouth.

She would have panicked but it was then she realised she didn't need one anymore,
"This is so strange..." her voice echoed slightly, as if she was speaking in a large empty room. She paused for a moment wondering what to do but then she realised she knew already. She held out her hand and out of light a huge axe appeared, Morwenna lifted it easily as she knew she could. She held it at the ready and gave a look towards Rairi and then Tsukiko, "I'm ready"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:17:54 pm by Kansa »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2016, 09:03:34 pm »

Yuko gasps aloud as the pain hits her and she drops her phone- she mutters a silent swear as her phone hits the ground. As she bends over to pick it up notices the changes- and blushes at the *ehhem* impracticality of her outfit. She gets over it somewhat quickly as the others speak, and swords sort of... appear. She twirls them on their chains, somehow having the knowledge to use them. "...Well, now I look kinda like an amazon. Let's hope I can fight like one."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2016, 12:19:50 am »

Rairi gasps at her now, quite revealing outfit, attempting to cover herself, before realizing the futility. She readies herself, taking a fighting stance, and she summons her weapon... A giant... frying pan... "Ugh... Well, at least I'm experienced..." She holds it in both her hands, like a baseball bat.

"Order up."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2016, 11:34:37 pm »

Space warps as the beast roars at the party, filling them with a primal fear. The rust-colored aberration prepares to strike at the group.

Takeshi stands at the ready, prepared to fight to defend Enzo. He looks very determined to ensure the boy's safety - or, at least, prevent him from coming to any more harm than he has already. He will help if he is able, however.

Spoiler: Positions (click to show/hide)

GM of Trespassers V2.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »

Morwenna grasped her weapon tightly as she began to charge to move forwards, she felt a small shiver as the thing roared but she pressed on anyway. She could do this, she had to do this. Despite her determination however she gave a glance behind her, hoping that someone would follow her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8