Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: [IC] Of Shadow and Flame: EP1 - Beginnings  (Read 5672 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
[IC] Of Shadow and Flame: EP1 - Beginnings
« on: September 14, 2016, 07:50:11 pm »

OOC

It was a pretty nice night in Seigishi. Nice enough to maybe justify being out at 1AM, though the local police would probably ask any teenagers that happened to be wandering around why they were out past their curfew and haul them home to their parents. Almost nice enough to make this section of town seem like a good place to hang out; the darkness of night wasn't quite eliminated by the amber glow of the streetlights, and so the dilapidated and almost crumbling buildings had their edges softened and their flaws hidden from those seeking to criticize them. The night would have been better, however, if it wasn't for the thing currently charging toward you in the middle of the street. A big, angry thing, a reddish-orange something like rust, its squat but powerful build towering almost three meters into the air as it snarled, looking like some bizarre spawn between a particularly irritable bear and a particularly angry boar.

But wait, let's back up a few moments to before this all went down. Why the hell are you in one of the poorest sections of town at this time of night? Maybe you live there, maybe one of your less-than-reputable friends was there, or maybe you were just trying to scratch some faint itch in the back of your brain, this odd urge to be in this spot. . . Either way, you got here somehow. How?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Of Shadow and Flame: EP1 - Beginnings
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 07:53:37 pm »

((PTW While I think of something))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:15 pm »

1 AM

So this is what it was like to die. Nobody had ever told Tsukiko that everything would be so slow and so quick at the same time. The monster kept charging, coming straight at her but barely seeming to get anywhere.
But her life was definitely flashing before her eyes, that part was pretty true. A seven-year-old blowing out candles on a fancy cake, flanked by two men and a woman; a preteen petting a stray cat in an alleyway; a young woman, pushing open the door to a shop...

10 PM

Tsukiko gently pushes open the door of the fireworks store. The bell above tinkled, like it did, and the shopkeeper looked up. Seeing that it was his usual he waved, like he did, and Tsukiko waved back, like she did, before setting off on a familiar run through the store.

Five minutes later the shop's door tinkled once again as Tsukiko exited, arms laden with bags totally full of questionably legal fireworks of all kinds. She took the familiar path to her next destination, absentmindedly balancing along the curb as she went (but mysteriously never dropping a single bag).
She rounded the corner and walked a few yards down the road, and her destination stood on the left: the back door of an arguably-shabby family home. Reaching beneath the mat with a foot, she found the key was placed exactly where it always was, and smiled.
Then she went in through Enzo's window, with all the bags, just because she could.

Midnight

Tsukiko sat cross-legged in the intersection they always used for setting off fireworks, looking around her at the remnants of the last hour and a half's fun. They still had an hour's worth left. She smiled. What she was about to ask always caught him.

"Enzo, do you want to light the Dancing Dragon or Fire God's Fury next? It's your turn to pick."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:35:34 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 08:25:01 pm »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 08:33:42 pm »

""I, uh..." Enzo seems completely stumped at the question.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 08:35:12 pm »

"E~nzo, is something wrong?"
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 08:44:57 pm »

He places his hand on his chin. "How about... both at the same time...?"
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 08:51:17 pm »

Tsukiko mock gasps and places a hand on her breast.

"My, my, Enzo! I never knew you wanted my fireworks so badly! But, I suppose I could let you do that, as long as you're very careful."
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 08:56:57 pm »

Enzo scratches his head and looks away, attempting to hid the furious blush he has. "I'm always careful with them..."
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 09:04:56 pm »

"I know you are, Enzo, because I always remind you~. Now, are you going to set these off...?"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:16:25 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 09:15:55 pm »

He hastily gets up, walking over to the aforementioned fireworks.
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 09:17:55 pm »

Tsukiko smiles as she successfully manipulates him into lighting the fireworks, since she couldn't be bothered

The Dancing Dragon was a tall, lean tube that shot out a bunch of colorful pellets which smoked and flew everywhere, while the Fire God's Fury was a simple bunch of sparks and bangs.
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 10:59:28 pm »

Enzo stares in awe at them all the same.
carrot cakeu

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 12:47:09 am »

1 AM

Rairī steadied herself against the oncoming blow, preparing to be flung into oblivion. Whatever happened, she would withstand. As she always has.

12 AM

Rairī closes up her food cart, having made a decent amount today. She parks it in her parent's storage unit, as she heads off towards the back alleys of Seigishi. She might bump into someone, but who knows?
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 02:49:15 pm »

11:00PM

"Yeah, I'll be back before morning, Ichirou... Yeah, I know school is tomorrow... love you too. G'night."

Yuko takes the phone from her ear and ends the call with her brother, before looking around for the friend she'd been going to meet. One might not expect someone like Yuko to be friends with someone like Erina, but expectations aren't always met.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8