Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: When Heroes Die - Modern Fantasy Suggestion Game  (Read 3447 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Heroes Die - Modern Fantasy Suggestion Game
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2016, 01:07:49 pm »

You walk over to Jordan as the others group together conversing or start to head out of the park, probably to get started on the guild quest you all got given, with an idea forming in your head. It takes him a minute to notice you when you finally arrive, an event you feel is probably caused by the appearance of more of those blue screens though you find it odd that they're restricted to each individual's sight. Ignoring that you propose your idea the moment his attention comes to you,

"You know me, I'm not one for grand strategy. But! I have a head for tactics, I'm good with people, and I can handle responsibility. You need people who can lead; make me your lieutenant. With the way these quests are turning out you'll need some help Jordan."

After you finish Jordan sighs and sits down as he stares up towards one of the angel drawn swords hovering over the city. It takes him a few moments to respond, but when he does you notice his hand moving in the air followed by a blue screen appearing in front of you.

"The best I can do is give you the position of Captain, its roughly three promotions up from where you are now, but still a fair way from my position. I really would like to give you a higher one, but I currently can mess with the restrictions for ranking which means you'd need at least a thousand guild contribution points to be qualified for Lieutenant which I'm going to take a guess and say is a lot. Captain will give you the ability to invite people to the guild officially and allow you to create a permanent team which will provide its own bonuses if you manage it.

Now, if you'll excuse me Sam, I got a special quest a little while back that I need to do before the transfer completes."

With that he stands up and makes a grasping motion in the air that causes a plain looking sword appear in his hand which he stares at for a moment before walking over to start striking at a tree repeatedly. Looking at him for a moment in confusion you turn to read the blue window,

You have been offered the position of Captain in the (Nameless) Guild which will grant you increased power in the Guild, Class Promotion to Resistance Captain, and potentially heavier restrictions from the Guild's Law system.

Do you wish to accept?

Yes or No?

After that choice you take a moment to open the Basic Reward Box you'd found which turns out to be a plain cardboard box wrapped in some cord with a logo similar to amazon's on the side that reads "Pantheon Incorporated". You give the cord a tug causing the box to open in a semi-blinding flash of light and deafening cry of party poppers along with illusionary confetti. When you can finally see clearly you find a gun magazine in your hand and a brand new blue window on display.

Rage Tranq Magazine

A rather unique variant of the tranquilizer rounds that causes intense rage and hatred in targets that are hit by it leading to them attacking anything near them with reckless abandon. Also good for boring parties, little more livens a place up like impromptu bloodsports. This Magazine has twelve rounds in total.

Tossing the magazine into your inventory, a feat achieved by simply willing it into the System's assigned space, you turn your attention back to your character sheet to confirm a suspicion you had. You do manage to find the flashing words 'Level Up Available' next to your current Level and as you focus on it a window appears,

Level Up available, are you certain you wish to Level Up at this time?

Yes or No?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guild Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Quest Log (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2016, 01:16:01 pm »

Accept Captain position.

Level up now.

Plug our pet egg into our cell phone.

Announce to the group before they disperse: Call anyone and everyone you can while your phones still have charge and use any means to try to convince them to come to Hedman Park! You can do it while you're shopping for supplies.

Accept the supplies quest.

Rally any members who don't have transportation, lead them to our car.

Stop by at our house to grab: any food or water we have, our solar cell phone/laptop charger (if we don't have one buy one later), laptops or cell phones, any obvious weapons, gardening tools, backpacks, clean and practical clothes for all weather, and 1 set of cooking and eating utensils.

Finally, drive the group down to the nearest grocery and buy as much non-perishable food and fresh water that we can fit in the vehicle. Ferry the loot to the park in the car. Repeat until "the descent of the System".

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2016, 01:44:09 pm »

You quickly accept the offer to promote to Captain which apparently heralds the arrival of some sort of Gregorian chant in the background and a faint golden light that descends from the heavens for a few seconds before quickly dispersing. There is a vague feeling that the entire ordeal just now was meant ironically, because you feel no difference compared to before this class change. Shrugging you decide to go ahead with the level up which causes a few more blue windows to appear in front of you!

Level Up Successful, you have fully advanced from level 0 to 1 under the class of Resistance Captain. Your class grants you a one grade increase to Endurance, Agility, and Reflexes along with a single free point to be spent on a characteristic of your choosing. Please spend it cautiously.

With that you feel a flow of warm energy running through you as your body seems to change slightly though it does not compare to the amount it changed when you first gained your Characteristics from this strange "System". Still somewhat reveling in the feeling of yourself growing stronger, you turn your attention to the next window.

Advancing a Level with the Class of Resistance Captain has granted you one free skill point. Please purchase a skill from the list below.
  • Swordsmanship - You are granted the basic knowledge of using a sword and are imparted with simplistic muscle memory to support its usage in battle.
  • Archery - You are granted the basic knowledge of using a bow and are imparted with simplistic muscle memory to support its usage.
  • Stealth - You're able to more easily sneak around and avoid detection by friend, foe, and unknown alike.
  • Leadership - You carry with you an invigorating aura that grants your comrades increased strength while near you.
  • Limit Break - In times of dire need you can surpass the limits of your own body, drawing out your vitality to allow you to survive situations that may otherwise slay you.
  • Rallying Cry - You let loose a war cry that calms the hearts of your allies allowing them to shake off the fear, or dread they feel.

You take a bit to decide on your skill choice before turning your attention to the Pet Egg(?) you got from Loki as you remember the note from when you obtained it, and quickly look for a port to plug into which reveals a usb plug in on one of the sides. Luckily you have a usb cord for your phone and you quickly plug the cube into your phone which causes the screen to flash for a moment before text begins to roll across the screen.

Thanks for your choice in using the patented LokiTech Pet Egg for your pet needs! We here at LokiTech believe in excellent customer service, but sadly your world does not currently support the existence of trans-dimensional communication devices which means the best we can offer is a tutorial for how to hatch your wonderful, but patented, LokiTech Pet Egg~ It's quite simple really, all you need to do is code it to run the hatching simulation, good luck~

Following that a simplistic coding tool program starts up and you take a few minutes to read the comments at the top before creating a basic loop to keep the hatching simulation program running constantly. Helpfully, a progress bar towards hatching appears at the top of your phone screen along with a timer which currently reads forty-nine hours. With that done you turn to see who among the group is left, but are disappointed to find that everyone aside from you and Jordan have already gone elsewhere while Jordan seems singularly focused on beating a tree with his sword like a madman. Sighing, you accept the supply quest and head straight for your car before setting out for your home though that ends up taking an hour for all the hectic traffic and constant presence of those damned red lights!

By the time you make it into your apartment there is a little under three hours until the timer ends leading you to go into a frenzy as you try to gather anything useful from your home, an endeavor made slightly harder by the absolute mess that your home has been since you moved in. All in all you manage to scrounge up about two weeks of food (assuming only one person needs to eat), two solar chargers (one for a phone and the other for a laptop), your precious laptop, a fairly hefty cast-iron frying pan, two fairly sturdy large kitchen knives, a backpack, clothes, and the like.

With that loaded into your car you head to the nearest grocery store to load up on food and water, but find that it is quite full of people causing the time you spend to get a full load to increase by quite a bit to the point that when you get back to the Park for the first time it's already taken over an hour and a half. You decide it best to ignore standard traffic laws and drive the car through the park to where you met with Jordan where you find several tents and a few canopy tents setup covering what appears to be quite the collection of supplies with about four of your guild members milling around while Jordan is still battering away at a tree. When you ask the four what they're up to you find out that Jordan had asked them to guard the supplies which got them another Guild quest and so they've been hanging out here since they brought the tents over.

Nodding you head off to do one more run to the store which thankfully nets you yet another full load in your car, but sadly takes up so much time that when you get back to the park there are only fifteen minutes left until the timer runs out. As you sit there waiting for the 'system descent' you notice the rest of your guild members strolling in with almost forty extra people in total who you take to be friends and family members from the way that they all seem to be fairly happily chatting. Its not long before a beeping starts to ring in your head and you notice that the timer has hit zero which seems to trigger some motion from the angels above the city as they all float to the swords they're chained to before grasping them. Almost completely in-sync the angels thrust the swords down towards the city and they shear through the buildings with ease before stabbing into the earth causing the entire area to shudder for a moment before a pale blue aura starts to rise up from them to envelop the entirety of the city.

You watch on somewhat horrified as everything outside of the park is enveloped by that blue aura which quickly changes into a dense fog that obscures everything from view. A ding announces the arrival of two new blue windows.

You have completed the Supplies for the Future quest by bringing a total of one hundred and twenty units as categorized by the system. You have been granted 120 experience and 240 Guild Contribution Points for your efforts.

'Congratulations on creating a safe zone in the midst of a dungeon members of the (Nameless) Guild and for successfully bringing so many into it before the System Descent! Now, the System has imposed its power on all of Earth officially allowing your world to reach the next tier, congratulations~ (Nameless) Guild, you can all take a break now as the restructuring of your city into a dungeon will take the next ten hours during which you will be unable to exit the confines of this base of yours. Use your time wisely.

<3 Loki~

Well, that's just great news. Ten hours of nothing...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guild Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Quest Log (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2016, 02:45:31 pm »

I'd put our point into leadership. We're a Captain, and will probably be able to use it to pretty good effect.

As for how we spend the 10 hours, I suggest taking a nap at some point. I'd do it after whatever the other people suggest.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2016, 10:53:33 am »

Form a squad that is ideal for combat. We need some sharp minds as foot soldiers as well as members who are tough and good with people to act as sergeants. Use our online knowledge of these people to know who to pick, then find them and evaluate how they're feeling right now.

I'd put our point into leadership. We're a Captain, and will probably be able to use it to pretty good effect.

As for how we spend the 10 hours, I suggest taking a nap at some point. I'd do it after whatever the other people suggest.
+1

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2016, 09:55:00 pm »

Form a squad that is ideal for combat. We need some sharp minds as foot soldiers as well as members who are tough and good with people to act as sergeants. Use our online knowledge of these people to know who to pick, then find them and evaluate how they're feeling right now.

+1
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]