Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: When Heroes Die - Modern Fantasy Suggestion Game  (Read 3443 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Heroes Die - Modern Fantasy Suggestion Game
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2016, 05:13:04 pm »

Rather than waste time heading home, or some other useless diversion you head straight for the meeting place as fast as you can which turns out to be rather slow considering that traffic has suddenly got rather horrible. By the time you arrive at the park the countdown now reads four and a half hours left, but more importantly you arrive at the park to find Jordan standing around chatting with a rather large group which promptly gets even more active when you get there. A grin appears on Jordan's face when he sees you and he loudly announces to the group,

"Well, looks like everyone actually came here when I sent the messages out. We've got four hours left to see if those blue windows that popped up were for real, but for those of you who might have had some doubt I'll direct you to our great savior, Sam. According to her she got a present from the same Loki who is the cause for all of this, because she managed to say something from a game that he liked."

With that he looks at you expectantly and you grudgingly take out the tranq pistol and the pet cube to show others which very easily draws a reaction when the others notice the pistol's description window. You can hear a few people muttering about you inheriting the legacy of Snake, but that seems like a bit of an exaggeration ... Thankfully Jordan is there to get the group to calm down, his rather prominent position as your gaming group's leader quickly taking hold despite the oddity of the entire situation you find yourselves in, as he yells for silence to make an announcement.

"I asked all of you here in order to make a proposal, Loki said we'd get better rewards for staying in the city and on top of that it'll become a dungeon which definitely means treasure chests, rare drops, and boss monsters with unique drops if this is anything like the game its looking to be. I would like to propose that our group band together and remain behind, though it might be safer outside of the city there is no guarantee that the entire world won't change with these Dungeons that will appear and the fastest path to power seems to be staying inside. If you all agree I'd like for us to band together and conquer this Dungeon together after it comes into existence, what do you say?"

Strangely enough this question is followed by the appearance of yet another blue screen, though this one seems to lack the personal touch of this Loki character.

You have been invited to join the soon to be created (Nameless) Guild led by Jordan Maseni, Level 0 Citizen. Joining the guild will enforce a number of restrictions, grant a variety of bonuses, and start the serial quest Rulers of Briarstone Dungeon.

If you choose to join the guild you will be unable to leave the Briarstone Dungeon until it has been conquered, you will fall under the jursidiction of the Guild's Basic Law System, and will be expected to contribute to the success of your faction.

Joining the (Nameless) Guild will grant you a flat +10% XP bonus when partied with guild members, or +25% when partied with the guild leader. All future guild base upgrade bonuses will apply to you regardless of your location. You will gain access to guild facilities as they are built assuming you meet the required privilege level in the guild.

Do you wish to join the (Nameless) Guild?

Yes or No?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 05:24:58 pm »

Tranq Jordan and propose we become the guild leader.

Join.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 05:29:27 pm »

Inquire what restrictions we will be subject to if we join.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2016, 11:47:36 pm »

"Hold on, hold on, what's all this UI stuff?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2016, 11:54:05 pm »

Inquire what restrictions we will be subject to if we join.
+1

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2016, 10:58:26 am »

You attempt to inquire about what all the restrictions will be, but a window pops up in answer.

Explanation of Guild restrictions not allowed by the System at this time. Details of when the explanation will be allowed is also restricted, you must make your decision based on existing information. In the absence of the explanation: joining a Guild is not an irreversible action.

Do you wish to join the (Nameless) Guild?

Yes or No?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 11:07:15 am »

No reason not to at the moment I guess. Join!
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 11:20:10 am »

Join.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2016, 02:34:39 pm »

After another moment of hesitation you move your hand forward to press yes and then suddenly a ray of light seems to appear from nowhere to fall upon you along with the faint sound of trumpets which seems to herald the arrival of numerous blue windows. You set your eyes on the closest one and begin to read.

Completion of step one of the serial quest Rulers of the Briarstone Dungeon has granted sufficient experience to level up.

Your unique situation for obtaining this level has replaced your base class with Resistance Fighter and allowed the descent of the System before the evolution of the world.

Calculating characteristics based on life experiences and adding initial class bonus...

Calculations successful, implementation complete.

Almost as soon as you read the last line you feel something flowing through you, something you can only describe as power as you feel yourself growing stronger and sturdier than you had ever been before. When the feeling finally ends you take a moment to look yourself over, but you find your outward appearance hasn't changed in the slightest despite the rather obvious changes you felt only moments ago. Expecting similar rewards from the other windows you turn your eyes to the next one almost immediately,

You have joined the (Nameless) Guild as a founding member along with a total of thirteen other people not including the Guild Leader. As the first guild to be established in your continental sub-region all who have joined the guild have been granted a reward and the Guild Leader has received an even greater one for managing to bring about Guild creation before full System implementation.

Hereby registering "Hedmen Park" as the starter base location for the (Nameless) Guild, establishing safe zone now ...

Safe zone established, congratulations to all members of the (Nameless) Guild.

---

Thanks to joining the (Nameless) Guild you have begun the serial quest Rulers of Briarstone Dungeon and successfully completed quest one earning you 100 XP, 5 silver, and a Basic Reward Box. Depositing Basic Reward Box in inventory now.

Beginning part two of the Rulers of Briarstone Dungeon quest series. Saviors or Demons?

After the descent of the System and the evolution of the world you are hereby tasked with aiding the (Nameless) Guild in obtaining twenty members, saving one hundred civilians, and killing five hundred of monsters in the region near "Hedmen Park". You will be rewarded five hundred experience, ten silver, and a Beginner's Health Potion for the completion of this quest. All members of the (Nameless) Guild will contribute progress towards this quest.

Shortly after you finish reading all of the windows you hear Jordan's breaking the rather strained silence.

"I see some of you have refused, or at least I assume all of you got the same guild invite I got ... Those of you who refused you can stay with us if you wish, apparently Hedmen Park has become something called a safe zone so if you wish to stay in the city it might be your safest bet in the future, but... the decision is yours to make. As for the rest of-"

You sort of fade Jordan out as you watch five people turn away from the group and leave the park entirely, seemingly disregarding Jordan's last words for whatever plans they've formed in their minds though you notice three of those leaving seem to be sticking together. Shrugging it off you turn your focus back towards Jordan's ongoing speech,

"-accepting the Guild invitation. Even though none of you really knew what you'd be putting yourselves into by accepting you still did and I am inclined to think that you trust me, for some bizarre reason that I can't fathom, and so I would like to ask all of you to do something. If this is going to be our safe zone, and if we want to stay in this base long enough to finish whatever quests are supposed to be coming in the Rulers of Briarstone chain then we're going to need supplies. I want to ask all of you to gather as much food, water, and basic amenities as you can before bringing them here. Please, don't resort to illegal methods, even if this is the start of the new world there isn't a reason for us to change our way of living entirely ..."

After he finishes you notice another blue window appear, what is with Jordan? The guy seems to be capable of summoning these almost at will, though you highly doubt he intended to cause any of this.

Guild Quest Supplies for the Future has been given out by the Guild Leader. All members will be granted an amount of experience and guild contribution points based on how many supplies they manage to bring back to the Guild base before the descent of the System. Accepting this quest is not mandatory.

Do you accept?

Yes or No?

GM Note: Whichever choice you pick please decide on your actions afterwards.

Spoiler: Guild Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Quest Log (click to show/hide)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2016, 02:56:24 pm »

Yes.

Shopping time! We need  Mountain Dew, Skittles, Pringles, Coke, Popcorn, Donuts, Gaming PCs, 2 miles of assorted networking cable and Internet router. Also, phone chargers.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2016, 03:04:53 pm »

Take Jordan aside for a moment: You know me, I'm not one for grand strategy. But! I have a head for tactics, I'm good with people, and I can handle responsibility. You need people who can lead; make me your lieutenant.

Open our reward box.

Plug our pet egg into our cell phone.

With Jordan's permission, announce to the group before they disperse: Call anyone and everyone you can while your phones still have charge and use any means to try to convince them to come to Hedman Park! You can do it while you're shopping for supplies.

Accept the supplies quest.

Rally any members who don't have transportation, lead them to our car.

Stop by at our house to grab: any food or water we have, our solar cell phone/laptop charger (if we don't have one buy one later), laptops or cell phones, any obvious weapons, gardening tools, backpacks, clean and practical clothes for all weather, and 1 set of cooking and eating utensils.

Finally, drive the group down to the nearest grocery and buy as much non-perishable food and fresh water that we can fit in the vehicle. Ferry the loot to the park in the car. Repeat until "the descent of the System".
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:07:03 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2016, 03:17:53 pm »

List of actions that I suggest before moving forward

1:Accept the quest
2: Open the reward
3: Level up (if I understood correctly, we can do that now)
4: ???
5: Profit!

Glory to United Forenia!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 05:39:48 am »

Get a power generator from a shop. You know, the ones on construction sites. Also fuel.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4