Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: When Heroes Die - Modern Fantasy Suggestion Game  (Read 3446 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: When Heroes Die - Modern Fantasy Suggestion Game
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 12:49:06 pm »

Stay quietly murmur how your dutiful worship of Norse mythology was right.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 01:40:56 pm »

Gauge the reactions of our colleagues. Larry in particular.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 02:11:03 pm »

Get back to coding. Your boss isn't paying you to gawk.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:13:02 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 03:27:23 pm »

Heed the call to adventure.

This is kinda like one of my Japanese animes.

Weirdo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Best Digi-Tamer EVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 03:34:03 pm »

No Otacon in this game!
I came this far. Erase my scars.

With enough duct tape you could fix anything. In Mother Russia duct tape fixes YOU!
SHIT I LIKE
U rike poetry?
MUTANT CYBERPUNK GAME!!!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 05:05:42 pm »

No Otacon in this game!
* GUNINANRUNIN waves his Otacon flag.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 05:26:00 pm »

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When Heroes Die - Modern Fantasy Suggestion Game
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 08:18:46 am »

"This is kinda like one of my Japanese animes."

You mutter as a sense of excitement wells up in you, but that is quickly replaced by shock when a second blue window appears in front of you alongside a blinking present button in the bottom right of your view. You take a moment to read the window,

"Hahaha, I see what you've done their kid. Don't take this to be a common thing, but you've gotten me to genuinely laugh so I'll give you a little present. Enjoy, try not to die my little friend~

XOXO, Loki <3~"

Shortly after that you notice a countdown timer appear in the top right of your vision where it stays though it's just transparent enough not to obscure your vision at all. While it starts to tick down from six hours towards zero you take a moment to look around the office and find the situation about as calm as one would expect, most of your coworkers are going back to their desks or looking up at the floating swords in awe. It doesn't seem like all that many people are taking this seriously though you do see three people hurrying out of the office, Larry being one of them. As he screams at you all to flee before the government enslaves us all in the name of capitalism.

Welp, looks like you have almost six hours to prepare for whatever this is and you still have that blinking present icon in the corner that keeps trying to draw your attention ...

[] What do you do?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2016, 08:38:15 am »

Try tapping on it. Like, where it is. You know what I mean
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 09:39:39 am »

Present!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 10:45:52 am »

Get our present. Surely we have a best friend gamer, either at work or elsewhere? Shoot them a text, and forward it to all other gamer friends we have, and try to arrange a meeting.

Hey dude, are you "remaining within the region"? Loki already gave me a present because I said something about anime. We should meet up in case this turns out to be serious.

In the meantime get our stuff and go to our car.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:47:55 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 03:24:28 pm »

Get our present. Surely we have a best friend gamer, either at work or elsewhere? Shoot them a text, and forward it to all other gamer friends we have, and try to arrange a meeting.

Hey dude, are you "remaining within the region"? Loki already gave me a present because I said something about anime. We should meet up in case this turns out to be serious.

In the meantime get our stuff and go to our car.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 10:06:53 am »

'Well, first lets see what this gift is.'

You think as you stretch you hand out towards the blinking gift icon which strangely seems to float over to your finger before flashing twice following which you find yourself holding a wrapped box with a letter crammed into the bow. Intrigued you open the letter first, ignoring the ludicrously over-exaggerated signature in cursive on the front.

"I feel you might find the two of these items rather familiar given the reason I sent them, I hope they treat you well and allow you to reach ever greater heights. If you didn't I'd lose out on so much potential amusement~

PS: Try plugging the cube into a computer."

The moment you read the last word you toss the letter away in haste as the words on it seem to catch fire which quickly spreads after leaving your hand until the letter simply disintegrates. Somewhat confused and off-put by Loki's need for showmanship, you turn your attention back to the small gift box in your hand and quickly tear away the wrapping paper and bow. With the bow and paper gone the box simply falls open revealing a Ruger pistol and a small metallic cube that is dimly glowing blue though the most attention grabbing thing to you is the two new blue windows that have appeared.

Ruger MK. 2 Pistol
This is a modified Ruger MK. 2 that was previously used by some guy called Dave(id). It was modified to be essentially silent when fired and to use an assortment of five special munitions by a brilliant scientist with a taste for the finer things in Japan. It has no use restrictions and is bound to the gift receiver. Due to the special nature of this gun it is somehow faster to reload when there is a round still in the chamber.

Special Grade Firearm

Pet Egg(?)
A specially prepared pet egg made to match your expertise and your decisive wit at the supposed end of the world coming! What could it be? Maybe its a bird, maybe its a plane, no! Wait! It's Superman! Just kidding~

XP to Hatch: 0 out of 100

You stow the items in your pockets with a sigh as you pull out your phone and send a text to your best friend Jordan Maseni asking if he saw that weird blue screen, where they should meet if he's staying, and explaining that you already got a gift. It doesn't take long for him to text back saying that he'd already sent out a bunch of messages to your gaming group to meet in Hedmen Park, a small fenced in bit of forest about a mile from your place of work. He's not sure if anyone else is going to show up, but he'll be there.

After getting his reply you hastily pack up what little personal items you have in your cubicle and dash downstairs to find your car, a bright red smart car with a layer of fast food receipts and despair on the inside which you promptly ignore as you get in to start it.

[] Head straight to the meeting place.
[] Other?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 10:56:25 am »

Head to the meeting place.

Glory to United Forenia!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 10:58:52 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4