Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: No rest for the wicked: A Magic Burst game: IC: First Day  (Read 4428 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: No rest for the wicked: A Magic Burst game: IC: First Day
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2016, 10:51:55 am »

"...I'd like to know what I'd be signin' up for first."
"Average Magic girl stuff. You know, fight monsters, look cute, be back in time for supper. That kind of thing."
The Tsukaima makes a cute pose to drive the point home.

"... I'm sure one will show up at some point."

"Ya~y!" Rose raises two fists in the air triumphantly. "This sounds fun! Just oooone more question. We are supposed to get a wish, right? Like on TV! One that can do anything without limits! Is that real too? Woopsies, I guess that was two more questions!" Rose again puts her hand behind her neck.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2016, 11:10:15 am »

".....this seems rather suspect. Why us and what exactly is it that we're fighting?"
"I already said why you guys. As for what you'll fight... No clue! Youma are only really connected in that they murder people and probably break reality... well, there was one that got forced into reality on a military base..."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2016, 11:35:53 am »

"If Rose gets her wish, Rose is in!

Rose stands up, brushes the dust off her skirt, and walks toward the pill. She then picks it up and throws it in her mouth like a piece of candy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2016, 11:49:06 am »

Mm, tastes like Cherry. As she swallows, she feels a change. It's like something limiting her reality has been removed and she's truly seeing the world for the first time. She can feel energy coursing through her, waiting to be released. But how? Hm... those magic girl shows have transformation sequences in them. Perhaps if she tries to focus on something like that she could unleash her power?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2016, 12:42:17 pm »

Ianthe simply pops the pill into her mouth amd swallows.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 12:48:05 pm »

Mm... strawberry. Ianthe would feel understanding flooding coming back to her. Time to show these newbies how to access their power.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2016, 02:06:41 pm »

".....this seems rather suspect. Why us and what exactly is it that we're fighting?"
"I already said why you guys. As for what you'll fight... No clue! Youma are only really connected in that they murder people and probably break reality... well, there was one that got forced into reality on a military base..."
Maria blinks.
".....what? Why are you sending teenagers to fight creatures like that?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2016, 02:22:32 pm »

"Who says I'm not sending adults as well? Like I said, you have the best chance to survive."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2016, 03:22:01 pm »

".....and what are you giving us in exchange? It can't just be magic, that's like giving a soldier a weapon and expecting that to be their pay."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 03:37:44 pm »

"Besides the obvious benefits of having magic, each of you have a special power that you can activate and if you collect a number of grief seeds you get a wish. Supposedly."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2016, 03:58:04 pm »

Rose takes a deep breath, closing her eyes and clasping her hands together over her heart.

With this, I can protect everyone. Mom, dad, my friends, the people I see every day, even complete strangers. With this, nobody well ever have to suffer. I can erase everything bad forever. With this, the safety and happiness of the human race, and whatever else lives in the universe, can be ensured for all eternity. With this, I can make heaven on earth! For everyone, I'll do my best!

Rose opens her eyes, starting her transformation sequence! The background turns pink, with upside-down hearts flying up the screen like bullets. A gentle wind appears inexplicably, pushing her skirt, tie, and hair to one side in a dramatic fashion. She raises her right hand to a solute, directly over her hair accessory. The hand flourishes like a magician, and the accessory is gone. Slowly, her palm is lowered to her chin. As it passes over her large brown eyes, the accessory appears in place like an eye patch. It spins around once with a metallic sound, releasing several sparkly sparks, revealing the green targeting monocle hidden within. Rose's remaining visible eye closes, and her hands once again find themselves clamped over her heart. She starts spinning, her body slowly become a white silhouette, aside from the green of the monocle transforming into a blur of color over it. The silhouette changes shape, becoming bullet that quickly explodes into a massive Christmas Rose with a stem of smoke. At the center of the flower is a fully transformed Rose, saluting as she had been at the beginning of the transformation. Her dark black SCAR-L was across her back, pointing in a safe direction.

"I am now....SCARLET SHOOTING STAR!" Rose makes a fist in front of her as she says this. After a moment, she puts her hand to her chin and shakes her head back and forth. "Nonono, that doesn't feel right..." She then snaps her fingers, raising her fist to the sky. "The Sugar Sniper!" Her hand soon goes to the back of her head once again. "Actually, I think that one is already taken....Ah, I got it!" Rose once again clasps her hands together over her heart. "From now on, I'll be Winter Rose."

"Besides the obvious benefits of having magic, each of you have a special power that you can activate and if you collect a number of grief seeds you get a wish. Supposedly."

"So that is real!" Rose pumps her hand into the sky again. "I was kinda starting to get worried I jumped the gun there. Told you guys you should watch more TV!" She sticks out her tongue in a teasing manner.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 04:14:23 pm »

"Well, as Rose seems to have started already, I may as well join in." Something that almost looks like a rent in the fabric of space opens up in front of Ianthe, the ends of which are tied with ribbons that look suspiciously like the ones in her hair. Looking inside would reveal nothing but a swirling, purple-black darkness, and peering closer would reveal that inside the darkness was hiding eyes, seemingly watching everything at once. She steps through this tear and emerges from the other side wearing decidedly different clothes, her uniform replaced with a dress that was white on the edges and purple on the front and back, with the skirt reaching almost to the floor. Even more ribbons appeared in her hair, and her head was now crowned with a light pink mob cap, tied on the front with a large, thin ribbon of the same color as the smaller ones. A frilly pink parasol was now resting on her shoulder, and she held a fan in the opposite hand. "My my, Rose, that's quite the outfit."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »

"Well, as Rose seems to have started already, I may as well join in." Something that almost looks like a rent in the fabric of space opens up in front of Ianthe, the ends of which are tied with ribbons that look suspiciously like the ones in her hair. Looking inside would reveal nothing but a swirling, purple-black darkness, and peering closer would reveal that inside the darkness was hiding eyes, seemingly watching everything at once. She steps through this tear and emerges from the other side wearing decidedly different clothes, her uniform replaced with a dress that was white on the edges and purple on the front and back, with the skirt reaching almost to the floor. Even more ribbons appeared in her hair, and her head was now crowned with a light pink mob cap, tied on the front with a large, thin ribbon of the same color as the smaller ones. A frilly pink parasol was now resting on her shoulder, and she held a fan in the opposite hand. "My my, Rose, that's quite the outfit."

"Thanks! Yours is pretty too" Rose puts her right hand to the monocle, as if using it to examine the outfit. "But, uh, where is your weapon?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2016, 04:31:11 pm »

"Chill out Maria, just take the pill, not like, -take- it, take it, just y'know hold it in case it comes in handy. The way I see it, you've got, what? Two test cases? If this is a shitty deal, well, you'll know in advance. As for me, well..."
He swallows the red pill.
"Make it three guniea pigs, makes for a better story, don't you think?"

With a smirk he turns to face the Tsukaima.
"I feel like I finally can see the pages, like my vision was fuzzy and I did not know it. If that is the case, and I do think it is, what is it, that denies us sight? Is it your doing? The doing of the youma? Or just our erroneous contemplation? Did I just swallow the truth? Or was it just, I dunno, magical acid and I'm trippin' balls right now?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2016, 04:34:41 pm »

"...You know what they say about friends and bridges. Well, don't have much else happening, so I guess I'll jump too."

Lynde takes a water bottle out of her bag, takes the pill and then washes it down.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7