Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping  (Read 16946 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Gone Shopping
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2016, 06:05:32 am »

waltz up behind the noisy chef lady.

if unnoticed confiscate her spoon, otherwise just stay in positions where she cant harass varrick and keep an eye on me at the same time.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2016, 05:47:33 pm »

Pull this face for a minute or two straight after that punning spree. I mean, damn.
Then adopt a more serious expression, neaten myself up and fight down the nervousness as I follow the concierge to meet the mysterious spicemaster. Try and think of something intelligent-sounding to say.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
You pull the punniest of pun faces as you follow the concierge. "Very good, sir," he says as he leads you into the spice master's office. The man himself is here. Wider than he is tall, he reaches a green claw up to you, eyestalks twitching, little black eyes dancing. "Well, well" he chitters. What have we here?" He scuttles a little sideways. "Ah yes, the shipment from Omega! All is as it should be, I expect??" You catch the concierge nod out of the corner of your eye. Belatedly, you remember to wipe the smile off your face and try to think of something to say. "You're a crab." You proclaim solemnly. Well, you're not wrong.

Begin drawing a circle on my wooden disc. I'll message you the details of what it's supposed to look like and what it's intended to achieve.
Your drawing comes together quite well. You get a littel carried away with inspiration and end up with a few more twirls, whirls, runes, and twists than you intended.

Meet with the Spicemaster. Seriously consider vaporizing people who make puns.
"PUNNERS ARE A CANCER ON SOCIETY. I SHOULD VAPORIZE THIS HALF-BAKED FOOL. I DON'T KNEAD THIS KIND OF STRESS." That'll teach 'em.

waltz up behind the noisy chef lady.

if unnoticed confiscate her spoon, otherwise just stay in positions where she cant harass varrick and keep an eye on me at the same time.

once he got back into the cart, she stopped bothering him. She looked a little deflated at his hangdog expression. Well, she got a new energy when you appeared, and starts waving the spoon at you as well, warning you not to harass her apprentices, steal her cloves, or vomit on the food.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:45:01 pm by Ozarck »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2016, 07:17:29 pm »

Help Pariah out by dragging him back into the cart and waiting for the people who know what they are talking about to finish up
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2016, 10:17:09 pm »

((So Altair accidentally added some additional bits of potentially important script? This sounds suspiciously overshoot-y to me, but I'll see what happens.))
Examine the new runes. If I don't see any blatantly obvious errors, set Terry in the middle of the circle, say a brief chant to activate it, and then concentrate on maintaining a constant flow of energy to power/control it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2016, 10:28:53 pm »

Dodge attempts to be returned to cart.

begin making hacking noises, stealing cloves and throwing cloves at apprentices.

then hide in the cart.

or if it seems easier steal an open jar of honey and sit quietly in the corner eating it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:34:48 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2016, 12:23:34 am »

"IGNORE THE RAT. IS OUR DELIVERY TO YOUR SPECIFICATIONS, SPICEMASTER?"
I SPEAK IN ALL CAPS. ANY WORDS MADE BY PYLON IN LOWERCASE ARE HORRIBLE FAKERS.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2016, 12:53:54 am »

Remind me to ask the gnomes to install some volume controls on the lamp when we get back.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2016, 01:55:58 am »

((YOU ARE NOT EVEN IN THE SAME PLACE AS ME.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2016, 02:08:20 am »

((YOU ARE NOT EVEN IN THE SAME PLACE AS ME.))
( I can still hear you from outside)
My Sig

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2016, 05:15:10 pm »

Help Pariah out by dragging him back into the cart and waiting for the people who know what they are talking about to finish up
Dodge attempts to be returned to cart.

begin making hacking noises, stealing cloves and throwing cloves at apprentices.

then hide in the cart.

or if it seems easier steal an open jar of honey and sit quietly in the corner eating it.

Opposed action time! Hmm, both have dex bonuses of 1. However, here we see the effects of race on the modifiers, as a wofman has an inherently higher dex than a bugman.
(2 v. 5) which matters not in the slightest. Varrick reaches a single, furry arm out from under his hidey cloths to paw at Cho-Ja, who simply steps to the side and considers his antics. (4 v 4) looks like harassing the cook and stealing honey are tied! harassment wins due to a technicality, in which the honey theft was to be attempted if it was "easier." (1) Cho sttarts to hack, and gets a face full of broom for it. surprised, he staggers back and spits out a few straws, mandibles clicking in annoyance.

((So Altair accidentally added some additional bits of potentially important script? This sounds suspiciously overshoot-y to me, but I'll see what happens.))
Examine the new runes. If I don't see any blatantly obvious errors, set Terry in the middle of the circle, say a brief chant to activate it, and then concentrate on maintaining a constant flow of energy to power/control it.
You look at your work. Everything seems in order. the additional bits areas you envisioned them. So you place your giant hissing cockroach in the middle of the circle and activate it. Terry remains still as magical energy begins to coalesce around him and into him. Or her. who knows, with cockroaches? I assume they figure it out well enough. anyway, after a few minutes, you feel your energy drain, and you must release the spell. Terry sits up and looks at you, one antennae bent forward, and one foreleg raised slightly. He emits a startlingly loud hiss. You look quickly around, but it looks like the cook and others have their attention occupied elsewhere.

I'll fix it then. sheesh. The spice master bobs forward toward Thrips slightly, states quite solemnly, as to a small, and not altogether bright, child: "Yes, I am indeed, a crab." He then leafs through a few sheafs of paper, consults the concierge, and calls out to an apprentice to run and verify the shipment, which the apprentice does. "Looks like everything is here. Splendid! I will have the apprentices load your requested items immediately. Is there anything else i can do for you?"

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2016, 06:38:29 pm »

Alright, looks like you're still moving, at the very least. If you can understand me, hold still for a few minutes, I'm going to see if the circle had any effect.
Mentally examine Terry like I did before.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2016, 06:39:38 pm »

"NO, PYLON REQUIRES NO FARTHER SERVICES AT THIS TIME. PYLON THANKS YOU FOR YOUR PROFESSIONALISM, SPICE-PERSON. A QUALITY ALL TOO LACKING IN SO MANY PEOPLE."
Wrapping up. PYLON does not require any additional spice supplies.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »

When everyone is on board and the cargo is loaded drive to the next stop
My Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2016, 01:23:19 am »

Once we're talking with the spicemaster or whatever, inspect the guy/gal and try to work up the courage to initiate conversation/negotiation on the topic of food and spice. Perhaps I can inspire some sort of culinary passion to bubble up in them, describing exactly what sort of amazing pie I want to bake for our poor, flavour-deprived little band of wretched adventurers! Maybe they'll even give a discount on the stuff I want.

Do this, I guess. Make a stunning recovery from my awkward opening line and steer the conversation to success!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2016, 12:00:00 pm »

Alright, looks like you're still moving, at the very least. If you can understand me, hold still for a few minutes, I'm going to see if the circle had any effect.
Mentally examine Terry like I did before.
"Unnershhhhhhhhand!" it says in a squeal, and sits promptly. You examine it, and it appears to have been noticeably brightened, though with some odd quirk you can't quite place your mind finger on. ((partly because I haven't decided on the specific quirk yet, bear with me.))

"NO, PYLON REQUIRES NO FARTHER SERVICES AT THIS TIME. PYLON THANKS YOU FOR YOUR PROFESSIONALISM, SPICE-PERSON. A QUALITY ALL TOO LACKING IN SO MANY PEOPLE."
Wrapping up. PYLON does not require any additional spice supplies.
"Why thank you. I am glad ot be of service. Send my regards - Ah, here, this letter will do - to the Omega Captains."

Once we're talking with the spicemaster or whatever, inspect the guy/gal and try to work up the courage to initiate conversation/negotiation on the topic of food and spice. Perhaps I can inspire some sort of culinary passion to bubble up in them, describing exactly what sort of amazing pie I want to bake for our poor, flavour-deprived little band of wretched adventurers! Maybe they'll even give a discount on the stuff I want.

Do this, I guess. Make a stunning recovery from my awkward opening line and steer the conversation to success!

"Oh! I had a thought, Spicemaster. H-here! I have a list of changes, if you would be kind enough to look over them. I-I think these are reasonable. O-our food service i-is a little, um, it, they ... that is, the food isn't always ... well, I think this will help." The spicemaster takes the sheet, looks it over, calls in an accountant, who does likewise, and they verify. "looks fine. We'll switch them out right away. A flurry of apprentice activity later, and bam! The cart is loaded and ready to roll.

When everyone is on board and the cargo is loaded drive to the next stop
Squeak squeak squeak ... that wheel needs greased a little.

Off to the potions shop you roll. A dull explosion greets you as you roll up, and a billowing white cloud, laced with green filaments, comes roiling out of a second story window.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11