Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feelin' Down  (Read 1892 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Feelin' Down
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:00:15 pm »

I don't know. Life just doesn't seem to be the wonderful place it usually it is for me. I look at people smiling and happy and it just reminds of how unfulfilled my own life it.

Don't get me wrong, I've been managing my depression for 3+ years now, but sometimes it still just gets to me. I had really bad "attack" so to speak, or episode, if you will about a two week ago and being a functioning human being has been kind of difficult. Throw in a bad case of unrequited love and the fact that I haven't stopped hating myself and well... It's all just getting very tiresome.

I don't really have anything specific, nor anything solvable... Just need to vent some. This is the worst I've felt since high school I think.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feelin' Down
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 12:11:54 am »

Normally in these situations I just stay silent and listen, but this is the internet and it would just look like no one is here.  I guess listening is the only thing I can offer in this case but I will do it gladly.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:13:34 am by LARD »
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 12:20:41 am »

*Hugpat*

If internet peoples could do more than offer sympathy and well-intentioned but difficult to implement advice, we'd be on that in a heartbeat.  People care Urist, I hope that makes you feel better.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 12:52:31 pm »

Whenever I feel like that, I try to excersise, or at the very least walk/bike more instead of public transport/car. I usually start feeling better in the same week.

*hug*

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 07:27:44 am »

*Hugpat*

If internet peoples could do more than offer sympathy and well-intentioned but difficult to implement advice, we'd be on that in a heartbeat.  People care Urist, I hope that makes you feel better.
*adds to the hugpile*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 08:31:19 am »

You say your life is unfulfilled.
Well, that's easy to get to work on: do stuff.

You have any hobbies? Push them.

Maybe write a bucket list and get started.

Doesn't matter too much what you choose to push on, so long as it's actually pushing. As in, you're making strides, making improvements, giving you something you can point to in your life to say "I'm doing stuff."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 09:13:48 pm »

Thanks for hug pats people!

I actually do do stuff--I'm busy as fuck at college. Most my depression is pretty unfounded... I just can't help it. I get these attacks where I just fucking hate myself. *shrug* I just have learned to deal with and move on--it helps to post on the internet sometimes, just a little!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 12:27:42 am »

As long as you're willing to hear it, we'll hugpat you into oblivion  :)

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 05:09:29 pm »

Join a gang   :o
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »

As long as you're willing to hear it, we'll hugpat you into oblivion  :)
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 10:47:04 am »

I'm not myself a religious person but I know churches are a place people can get a strong sense of community. You can also get some of that from just clubs. Try and meetup.com

May your dreams be everlasting and golden.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 10:53:55 pm »

I'm not myself a religious person but I know churches are a place people can get a strong sense of community. You can also get some of that from just clubs. Try and meetup.com

Unless you are already religious I wouldnt recomend a church. If you pick the wrong one you might just get a whole pile of other crap to deal with.

Anyways, I hear you on the depression stuff. That's rough.
+1 to the Hugs.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 12:37:46 am »

Thanks for the support guys. I don't know why, but it's just been a real hard start to the semester here at uni!

EDIT: Also, no. Not religious. Creepy creepy, yo!

EDIT: Perhaps I do need a new social outlet though... My current one has stagnated a little bit. Will look into it. Danke for the suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:44:15 am by Urist McScoopbeard »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 07:48:20 pm »

*hugs*

Know the feel.
Sigtext