Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 32  (Read 10583 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 16
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2016, 09:29:20 pm »

Allriiight, you've had your fun, but now it's time to get down to business.

You knock the Pilot on the head with the butt of your pistol, but they seem to only be partially stunned by this. Fed up with their attitude, you kick them and re-apply your pistol butt to their forehead. This time they seem to be knocked out. You glance over at the soldiers, who are almost here. You quickly readjust the seated body's posture and manage to hide yourself in the hatch you saw earlier.

The inside of the hatch is more or less what you expected. You feel warm air and the hum of the pieces of machinery keeping the ship running. Clear tubing pumps in various liquids from different parts of the equipment to others, and blinking lights completely surround you. A display sits behind you, but you unfortunately have not learned how to read their language in the last twenty seconds. Your observations are cut short when you hear the soldiers re-enter the ship. You ready your pistol, wait, and...

You quickly burst out through the door, kicking it open. You quickly shoot one soldier in the chest, knocking them down, but by this time the other has managed to start firing. You're forced to retreat back inside the engine room, pinnned in place by repeated searing bursts of energy impacting the wall in front of you. They seem to be avoiding hitting the machinery in the room, but you're really not sure of this point.

You pistol has 15 out of 16 bullets with one magazine left. What do you do?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2016, 11:33:56 pm »

Three to one odds down to one to one, not bad.  Maybe we should use the unconscious pilot as a unhuman shield?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2016, 02:12:49 am »

Firing blind has a good chance of hitting something important, but that rolling leap movie nonsense is only good for getting us killed...

Is the other guy firing repeatedly in a panicky way? If so, he should run dry any moment now, and we can shoot him while he's reloading. If the fire abates, feint a quick peek, or use the magazine trick below; do whatever is needed to keep him panicky and off-balance.
If the fire is methodical, throw our extra magazine at his general direction as a distraction - the brief moment he takes to decide whether that alien object is a hand grenade and if he should be jumping away or not is all the time we have to shoot him, so make it count.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:29:06 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2016, 08:50:38 am »

throw our extra magazine at his general direction as a distraction - the brief moment he takes to decide whether that alien object is a hand grenade and if he should be jumping away or not is all the time we have to shoot him, so make it count.

Huh. It had never occurred to me that he wouldn't know what a magazine was. Do this
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2016, 09:08:16 am »

throw our extra magazine at his general direction as a distraction - the brief moment he takes to decide whether that alien object is a hand grenade and if he should be jumping away or not is all the time we have to shoot him, so make it count.

Huh. It had never occurred to me that he wouldn't know what a magazine was. Do this
He certainly would know one of his at a glance, but who's to say what could that object an alien just threw in his direction be?... It'd take him at least a moment and some attention to recognize it, or he might just play it safe and try to jump away, either of which represents an opportunity for us to step out and shoot him.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2016, 09:15:01 am »

He certainly would know one of his at a glance, but who's to say what could that object an alien just threw in his direction be?... It'd take him at least a moment and some attention to recognize it, or he might just play it safe and try to jump away, either of which represents an opportunity for us to step out and shoot him.

That's what I was saying. If it happened to me, I would just assume it was some sort of grenade. I mean, why would my enemy throw his ammo at me?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 17
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »

You quickly take your spare magazine off your person and throw it behind the soldier. Right after the fire stops, you come out of cover to start firing.
You shoot once, but you miss. You shoot again, and you just manage to slightly graze their suit. Clutching their wound, they turn around. You pull down on the trigger one more time, and you miss again.

You're not as lucky, though. They didn't fall 100% for your trick and are already firing again. You're impacted by a blast to the shoulder and fall to the ground in shock. They run up to you and... wait, what is that?
Well, it really hurts.

You wake up alone in some kind of cell. Behind you is a rather uncomfortable-looking bunkbed and in front of you is a wall with a single door. The door itself is transparent and looks rather sturdy. It appears to utilize hydraulics or something similar, and there's a control panel next to the door in the same alien language. The control panel just seems to be some kind of biometric scanner, though.

You're in a completely different suit. This one is of course not an EVA suit and looks to be more like a prisoner jumpsuit. Needless to say, you don't have any of your equipment that was clipped onto your EVA suit.

The rest of the cell is pretty blank, for lack of a better word. The ceiling and walls are a collection of white-ish solid panels. Though there does seem to be some kind of exposed wiring in the ceiling, above the bunkbed.

What do you do?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 05:19:53 pm by Chiefwaffles »
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2016, 02:54:33 pm »

Investigate the wiring, being careful not to electrocute yourself

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2016, 03:37:39 pm »

Examine the joints on walls, floor and ceiling for security cams, see if they're some kind of plastic transparent to non-visible EM frequencies. Check if the panels are indeed solidly fastened.
Examine the scanner.
Examine the hydraulics, see if the oil conduits can be pierced; the loss of oil pressure might allow us to open the door...

...but do not act yet.
Wait to see if they'll try to communicate, if we're taken elsewhere try go grasp more information on the place such as its location and layout. We'll try to find out as much as possible: see if they have translators, what do they disclose on their knowledge of us, and what kind of interrogation they will use. It might be unpleasant, but if we do manage to escape later, the intelligence might be valuable to our side.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2016, 01:22:51 pm »

Examine the joints on walls, floor and ceiling for security cams, see if they're some kind of plastic transparent to non-visible EM frequencies. Check if the panels are indeed solidly fastened.
Examine the scanner.
Examine the hydraulics, see if the oil conduits can be pierced; the loss of oil pressure might allow us to open the door...

...but do not act yet.
Wait to see if they'll try to communicate, if we're taken elsewhere try go grasp more information on the place such as its location and layout. We'll try to find out as much as possible: see if they have translators, what do they disclose on their knowledge of us, and what kind of interrogation they will use. It might be unpleasant, but if we do manage to escape later, the intelligence might be valuable to our side.

+1 to everything except the torture, we do not know if they move prisoners to a new location once they begin torture- if I were looking for information, I certainly would to mess with their sense of direction, make them feel less in control.

Remember- from their point of view, we mysteriously appeared far behind their lines in enemy uniform with little trace of how we got there, beyond a massive jump surge. They may be worried how we got so far into their territory, what we have been up to, and who else came with due to the large jump signature.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2016, 01:32:12 pm »

I think you misunderstood - I was suggesting to look for escape routes, but wait in the cell and see what they do and how they handle their prisoners.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2016, 01:53:52 pm »

Ah, that's fine then. +1
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2016, 04:12:09 pm »

I think you misunderstood - I was suggesting to look for escape routes, but wait in the cell and see what they do and how they handle their prisoners.
+1.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 18
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2016, 05:37:20 pm »

You carefully climb onto the top of the bunk bed and look closely at the wiring. It's, well, it's wiring. The panel that would normally cover the wiring appears to be missing, but you really can't deem anything more from looking at the wires. Really, they just look like regular power wiring. As you climb off the bunkbed, you wince in pain as you remember your shoulder wound. It was obviously treated to some degree, but not with too much effort.

You spend some degree of time looking for any kind of security camera. Eventually, you come to the conclusion that the door's biometric scanner has a small camera near the top of it. It's fairly obvious once already spotted, but is subtle enough to be glanced over. You'd guess it covers the whole room, but you can't actually tell. You decide to investigate the rest of the scanner while you're there. The scanner can't be interacted with barring what you think is the placement of a valid ...hand? On it. It looks roughly the size of a hand (And if you remember correctly from what you've seen, an Occupier's hand is roughly the same size as a human's) but there's no other method of input.

You think that the panel could be torn off the wall with enough effort, but you don't do anything due to the risk of alarming your captors. As for the door, it looks fairly non-penetrable. You can see a bit of hydraulic-related tubing, but whatever material it's made out of is resistant to being pierced with anything at your disposal.

Relatively satisfied with the results of your investigation, you lie down on the bed to wait for any kind of contact with them. Eventually the door opens to reveal an armored Occupier. They motion for you to come over to the doorway, and you comply. Once you're at the doorway, you see two Occupiers. They quickly apply restraints (similar to handcuffs) and walk you down the corridor.

Behind you lies about 3 cells in addition to your own. Each door appears to be transparent (or has some kind of camera feed) from the outside looking inside, and the control panel on this side are bigger. In front of you is a corridor leading to a different part of this place. It has a few windows placed high up on the walls. Through them you can see a night sky and not much else.

Eventually you're taken through a door in the left of the corridor, which opens to reveal a relatively small room. At the end of it away from the door, you see a chair that looks to have some kind of restraints in place. There are some various screens on the wall and a smaller separate room with another door leading inside. One of the guards enter the room while the other restrains you in the chair and walks out, the door closing behind him.

You spend about a minute waiting in the chair, rather nervous about what would happen next. Eventually, a computerized voice comes through the chair.

"Please explain how you entered protected space."

Huh. No torture (yet?). That's hopefully good. What do you say?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:03:03 pm by Chiefwaffles »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 18
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »

State our name, rank and serial number.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11