Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 32  (Read 10575 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 12
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2016, 08:47:10 pm »

((Point taken. Could we recharge our capacitor off their ship? All that requires is wiring their power to ours. Actually, we could do that off the hulk too.))
The fighter's capacitor is topped off, already charged off the shuttle; we've been using the shuttle's life support linked to the suit.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 13
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2016, 09:08:12 pm »

You come up with a variety of possible plans but even though you previously thought it would be best not to peek, you decide that you have to in order to get a better idea of the situation.
Extremely carefully, you peer around the corner and quickly move back behind the protection of the wall.

Two of them. They looked to be coming your way. You monitor your breathing as you wait for them to pass by, hopefully not noticing you. It feels like an agonizing amount of time, but eventually they do walk right by you.

You disengage your magboots and carefully launch yourself towards the direction of their landed ship. You quietly grab on just in time to prevent yourself from colliding, then pull out your pistol with one hand. Using the remaining free hand, you carefully drag yourself through the open doorway.

You've never seen the inside of an Occupier ship before. It has a strange ambient to it, but it seems vaguely recognizable enough to get an idea of your surroundings. You very quickly look for the pilot, who you spot sitting in his seat looking through the canopy. You crawl along the ceiling of the cabin, then once you're sure you're in proximity to the still-unaware pilot, engage your magboots and point you gun at him. You make sure to dramatically cock the gun, too.

The pilot quickly turns around and seems about ready to scream, but the fact that the person holding a gun to their face is signalling "quiet" seems to keep them from signalling their compatriots. Who, by the way, seem to have just left through the hangar exit door.

You're holding the pilot of an alien vessel hostage at gunpoint. What now?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2016, 09:17:40 pm »

((Weee! It worked!!!))

Always maintaining the gun pointed at the pilot, take one of the seats. Point to him, to the controls, to ourself and towards space.
If he complies, watch closely what he's doing. See if we can identify a navigation console, and order him to turn it on; look for landmarks to the nearest human space and point to it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:20:41 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2016, 09:20:26 pm »

((Weee! It worked!!!))

Always maintaining the gun pointed at the pilot, take one of the seats. Point to him, to the controls, to ourself and towards space.
If he complies, watch closely what he's doing. See if we can identify a navigation console, and order him to turn it on; look for landmarks to the nearest human space and point to it.

Do this IF they don't speak your language.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2016, 09:21:05 pm »

BTW, you know what I said about mag boots/gecko boots? Keeping in touch with the cutting edge theories and tendencies makes for better sci-fi writing.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 09:45:52 pm »

((Weee! It worked!!!))

Do this IF they don't speak your language.

((Woohoo two updates in as many hours. Is it my birthday?))

+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 10:09:01 pm »

((Weee! It worked!!!))

And of course, if they do speak our language, lets do them a favor and look them in the eye.
Nobody's seen these guys outside of their suits, right? if we can get a glimpse of the face inside..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 10:20:34 pm »

((It's a secret. If the Terrans knew the truth, the soldiers would stop fighting... after all, they're...
Spoiler: The BIG secret!)) (click to show/hide)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 14
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2016, 06:08:36 pm »

You carefully sit down in an empty seat, keeping your gun fixed on his head. You use your free hand to point to the controls, then to the space outside the hangar.

He tilts his head.

You do it again, but with more emphasis.

He tilts his head more.

You glance back through the canopy. The two soldiers appear to be walking back with a pace and posture that seems more alert than when you last saw them.
Well, this may have not been the best of your plans. What do you do now?
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2016, 06:28:03 pm »

It looks like he wants to comply, but for some reason can't... maybe we're on the seat from where the engines are activated or something?

Get up and stand back from the seats, let him have free run of all positions while keeping out of the way and him in our sights. Vehemently point to the space outside and slam a foot on the ground.
If he moves to comply then (keeping an eye on the pilot) look for the hatch controls, close it, and hold tight lest we're thrown off-balance from sudden accelerations.
If that was actually a refusal, shoot him, try to shoot the others from cover by the hatch, and close it if they get too close.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2016, 10:13:27 pm »

It looks like he wants to comply, but for some reason can't... maybe we're on the seat from where the engines are activated or something?

Get up and stand back from the seats, let him have free run of all positions while keeping out of the way and him in our sights. Vehemently point to the space outside and slam a foot on the ground.
If he moves to comply then (keeping an eye on the pilot) look for the hatch controls, close it, and hold tight lest we're thrown off-balance from sudden accelerations.
If that was actually a refusal, shoot him, try to shoot the others from cover by the hatch, and close it if they get too close.

What if they simply don't understand?
On the same note, we definitely should be getting ready to deal with the other two. Possibly preparing for a shootout.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 10:23:34 pm »

Make our point as clearly as possible using gestures

YOU. FLY. THAT WAY

Also prepare for a serious fight.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 15
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2016, 06:44:01 pm »

You start making what should be extremely obvious gestures, but it's already too late. The pilot seems to have noticed the even closer returning soldiers and is now slowly standing up. You don't have much time before they arrive and corner you in the ship. You eye your surroundings. The cabin is fairly small for a ship designed to be walked in. There are four chairs with straps located in the back just a fairly small number of feet behind you, and there's the two chairs at the front, where you and the pilot are sitting.
There's a hatch in the back of the cabin, but that probably leads to a very small engine/maintenance room. The rest of the stuff is mostly just anything you can't understand. Plenty of blinking lights and displays in foreign language are present here, but none of them are understandable to you.

You look again at the soldiers coming back. They're about halfway here by now and will be barging in any minute. What do you do?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2016, 06:51:52 pm »

Alright, enough games. Hit the pilot in the head with the butt of the gun, and position him as we found him. Then hide and wait to ambush the other two

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2016, 07:00:15 pm »

Alright, enough games. Hit the pilot in the head with the butt of the gun, and position him as we found him. Then hide and wait to ambush the other two
+1

If the pilot doesn't become unconscious or tries to fight back, shoot him in the leg and kick him on the head when he's down.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11