Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 32  (Read 10550 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 21
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2016, 09:52:09 pm »

The wire that was "cut" out is about 10 centimeters in length.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 21.5
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2016, 11:34:59 pm »

Double post, but this is more or less a mini-update so I can make a more substantial one tomorrow.

You investigate the door's control panel some more.  It looks like the only way that you could access any kind of wiring is if you were to (at least partially) tear it off the wall, and that would very likely be an irreversible action.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2016, 02:10:35 am »

I say if they ask politely again we do try and strike up a conversation.  Any info we can get out of them by asking them to explain terms, like protected space, could be useful.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2016, 05:45:03 am »

I say if they ask politely again we do try and strike up a conversation.  Any info we can get out of them by asking them to explain terms, like protected space, could be useful.
+1
Start by stating that the only thing you may legally say while being interrogated is your name, rank and serial number, and that our side considers torture to be a heinous war crime.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 05:49:41 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 22
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2016, 06:15:03 pm »

You seem to successfully hide the wire on your person. It's uncomfortable, but it shouldn't be noticed unless they do a rather thorough search. Eventually, you're brought back to the same interrogation room, where you're strapped into the same chair.

As soon as you're strapped in and the soldiers seem to be at their posts, you try stating something. Specifically, that you're really not going to be of any help under threat of torture.
If it would aid in your cooperation, then we are willing to temporarily suspend the threat of torture at the end of this session.
Pleased by their surprising cooperation, you continue to ask them what they mean by "Protected Space."
Space under our jurisdiction and power. You somehow got to where you are without capture up until this point. Now, how did you enter this region of protected space?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2016, 07:40:30 pm »

"I'm still in an interrogation room, being interrogated, which means that I'm still legally constrained in my answers... Can't he just have a nice social talk at a nice informal place? A nice face-to-face at nice garden, or a nice leisure lounge with a nice view? You know, somewhere nice where I could construe not to be under interrogation and threat of torture?"
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2016, 07:47:01 pm »

We are at war, your race has attacked without warning or negotiation.  We are at every right to strike back line infrastructure.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2016, 07:52:33 pm »

"Reactor damage led to an unexpected hyperjump, stuff was beat up, but sensors were online. Found that derelict and docked over there."
Barebones answer, but it likely won't lead to anything bad.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2016, 02:49:38 pm »

"Reactor damage led to an unexpected hyperjump, stuff was beat up, but sensors were online. Found that derelict and docked over there."

+1, also suggest they look at your ships logs for proof and describe its location. Every fact which they can prove is one less that isn't going to get us killed. In theory...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2016, 03:38:01 pm »

+1, also suggest they look at your ships logs for proof and describe its location. Every fact which they can prove is one less that isn't going to get us killed. In theory...
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 23
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2016, 06:32:51 pm »

You start explaining your situation, leaving out the inner details, but hopefully keeping the whole story intact. As you describe the location of your ship, you're interrupted.
Your ship is already in our possession, and we have verified your claims. That will be all for this session.

And with that, you're brought back to your cell.
You still have the wiring you hid on your person. And you hopefully still have an idea of how to escape. Right? Riight?

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2016, 08:30:21 pm »

Hide the wire under your mattress or within the blanket. No escape plans... for now. The Occupiers mention "other sessions". We should wait to find out what sort of interrogation. However, further analyze the wiring.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2016, 09:14:20 pm »

Investigate the ceiling where the wires were exposed.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2016, 09:28:00 pm »

Investigate the ceiling where the wires were exposed.

+1
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Stars [SG] - Update 24
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2016, 09:58:11 pm »

You climb back on the bunk bed and take a closer look at the exposed area.
There's a few large cables tied together heading in one direction and a couple of small ones branching off in various directions. The one you cut off was already not connected to the larger cables.

You'd guess that the large ones transport power throughout the area and the branching wires power local things. You had no idea what the cable you cut should have powered, though. You hope it isn't going to be relevant any time soon-

Huh. It looks like if you carefully reach in, you can dislodge the panels from inside. Hell, if you're able to clear an opening, you may be able to crawl through. It's pretty risky and for all you know there may be better ways to escape, but hey, it's an option.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11