Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So lets talk browser games.  (Read 4513 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: So lets talk browser games.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 06:04:50 pm »

Caravaneer 2 is a decent one. Not pay to win, it's more about managing inventory and figuring out the best routes to trade goods around in a post-apocalyptic desert. There's a light backstory too to give you goals and push your character's advancement. Overall, a decent amount of depth for a free browser game.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 06:36:30 pm »

Since I'm assuming flash games count:
The Last Stand are some pretty fun zombie shmups, of a sort. The last one is more of a 2D action-RPG, but it's still quite fun.

I feel obligated to share the works of Jonochrome, formerly JonBro, particularly his Riddle School/Transfer games. The Re- games are fun, too, and his Zelda parodies get a chuckle out of me every time.

The Scale of the Universe 2 is more of a toy than a game, but it's interesting anyway.

These games are goddamn weird but are rather amusing.

Stealth Hunter 2 is basically Metal Gear as a flash game, albeit without the unexpected philosophy or deadly poisonous zanzibar hamsters. Worth a play for anybody who likes MGS's gameplay. Haven't tried the first one.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 05:36:20 am »

Are/were there any attempts at non-casual browser games?

I remember playing WarCraft 1 in flash and Quake 2(?) in HTML5 many years back. Are there any more?

e: oh yeah, The Last Stand was fun!

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 10:51:59 am »

I actually went on a quest to find the one idle game worth playing!
Oh by the way, what makes a Clicker game worth playing ?
What was the last Clicker that you guys liked ?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 12:11:50 pm »

I'd say a clicker/idle game just needs to be fun. Obviously that's a bit hard to say what will make one fun, for me it's ether needs to change over time and offer new and interesting challenges, or it needs to be short with perhaps a bit of a funny story or whatever. The two clicker games I linked to previously are the last two clicker games I've liked. One of which being something that changes over time and offers interesting challenges, the other one is short, not overstaying it's welcome as it glides on it's somewhat amusing story/theme and then ends before the lack of interesting gameplay brings it down.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 12:15:30 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 01:13:57 pm »

the last two clicker games I've liked.
I tried the two before, and, while I didn't really like the first, I though the second was nice for 20 minutes (while watching a TV series).
I don't think that the first one "changes" often enough for me to appreciate it, or at least to make me stay.
The second is nice because it's cute and relatively quick. You often get new things, and when you unlock them, you usually can go through dozens of the previous generators. Also its upgrades are not the "+0.1" kind, but the "x3" kind, so that's cool. It really takes the exponential evolution to heart, and I think that's a big advantage over most other clickers.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 01:24:39 pm »

Mud and Blood 2 is an old favorite

Defend a line against increasingly powerful German forces.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 04:15:11 pm »

Idlewise, Trimps is one of the most polished. By which I mean the developer has consistently, and constantly, made QoL fixes until the game has become extremely smooth. There's no UI gotchas (no click rapidly, no surprise reflex clicks.) It's also easy on the computer, so it's possible to run in the background.

Kittens Game is another idle, except extreme. Unlike most idles, what to buy next becomes non-trivial almost immediately. There's a thread on the forum somewhere for it.

Non-idlewise:

GodField is a card game I've been playing on and off for years. 
Check out my books at O and H Books

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 05:29:57 pm »

A few flash games i enjoyed for a while , they're a bit old by now, but still very good and very worthy of being given a try

Warfare 1917 and its sequel Warfare 1944
that's a nice side scrolling "strategy" games in which you must take trenches and move toward the end of the level to win the battle, then improve stuff and etc..

The Necronomicon
A card game based on lovecraftian mythos , very nice atmosphere for a card game.
There's a sequel but i found it less interesting as it removed the insanity effects, making the game much more dull in my opinion, and ultimately less fun.

Spectromancer: Gathering of Power
A variant on the MTG-like card games system, lots of interesting ideas in this one, and while Richard Garfield (the guy that created MTG) was one of the designer for it, it play very differently than MTG.

Kingdom Rush
Fun gameplay on a very nice tower defense variation
It had a sequel that while still good but it was a bit too much "more of the same" to keep me as interested as in that first one.

Sierra-7
An interesting raven shield-like game, save hostages , take down tango, it's very well made considering the limitations of a flash game, the ambiance is good.

Shattered colony : The survivors
Very good rts-like flash game, you're setting up your base and must secure a town filled with zombie and repel hordes coming from the outside, very replayable on many maps.
The higher difficulty is insane.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:31:35 pm by Robsoie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2016, 05:42:32 pm »

KR's actually got more than one sequel at this point. Forget if it's two or more than, but it's at least two.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2016, 06:03:24 pm »

I've found Realm Grinder to be a decent incremental game. A lot of interacting options with more complexity steadily added as you progress. Not exactly the fastest though, it can take considerable time if you don't beeline your way forward. Aside from 20-30 seconds at the start of each run, there is no need for much clicking so it can run in a background tab quite easily.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2016, 01:17:08 am »

Manufactoria is a really satisfying puzzle game. Another Factorio type conveyor-belt-them-up, but with logic puzzles in place of resource management.

For puzzles with even more complicated solutions, KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer Of The People has you design small computer chips at the semiconductor level.

And with one of the best games in the Bubble Tanks genre, Hexcelle is a really good... open world bullet hell with dynamic ship building and destruction? It's really good.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2016, 01:49:13 am »

Mud and Blood 2 is an old favorite

Defend a line against increasingly powerful German forces.
Seconding Mud and Blood. Damn frustrating but damn fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3