Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 2: Drive My Meatcar (Beep'm beep beep yeah!)  (Read 8367 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1.5: Can't Stop Won't Stop (My Bus)
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2016, 12:21:29 pm »

Feeling miffed due to not being able to summon jar of sauce, Corleoni will use whatever is at hand to try and make some sauce from scratch!

dylanamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1.5: Can't Stop Won't Stop (My Bus)
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2016, 01:24:54 pm »

"Hmmm" I think whilst cradling the cuts on my scalp. "Maybe this fighting lark isn't for me..."

After noticing Tor's new friend, I search around for a turtle pet of my own.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1.9: Disco Inferno
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2016, 11:13:37 pm »

Meanwhile, with the artist formerly known as The Bus Driver

"Righty" isn't feeling too good.

However, Dyler Turden is still on his rampage! Feeling his imaginary-seal-fueled rage die down, he grab for something suitable for a final attack.

...Yelling, grunting, and otherwise sounding a little bit terrifying, he picks up the MASSIVE STICK with surprising ease. He begins twirling around his head like a baton, as if it weren't basically a caber. Screaming some more, her charges at the bus once more.

...But his swing is met with an alarmingly solid hull and an even more alarmingly loud "CLANG". Turden stumbles back, obviously very surprised at how his attack went, but still hefting the "MASSIVE STICK with ease. Seems like it's just something that comes naturally to him.

Gained Lancelog: One of the esteemed branches of the Oak Table. Wield him well and thou shalt be rewarded.

Tor Tiss, having spent much of the battle hurtin', is relieved to finally rejoin his crew and start wrecking shit, starting with the huge bus blocking the castle entrance!

...Opening up the hood, Tor basically begins bashing on the engine and various parts of the inner workings of the bus. Even his new pal, still nameless, jumps in and starts gnawing through various cables. Chances are those brakes aren't gonna be working anytime soon.

Inside the bus, Busy Hernan is getting busy hernaning thieving! Or trying to at least.

...But when he goes to grab the radio, it's already gone! A note instead sits in its place.

Thanks for the distraction loser
Bus Radios are rare shit
they sell like hotcakes at the mall
and for a LOT of meat too
Stay Jiggy Wit' It,
The Lone Waltzer

Hernan looks out the window at the horizon, to see a silhouette of a man...or woman, hard to tell, slowly dancing their way into the distance.

Once again, The Lone Waltzer has beaten Busy Hernan to the mark. He'd yell out in anger but there's really no part of the guy's name that can be suitably yelled. That slippery bastard thought of everything.

Kobosh the Professor continues his stand-off with Righty. Even with only one arm he was proving to be a nuisance. But no more!

...Gripping his accordion at one end with both hands, Kobosh swings it at Righty from below. The tough, shelled, keyboard end of the accordion strikes him in the chin, sending him sailing backwards through the air and through one of the windows of his own bus. He lands...less than neatly in one of the seats, looking about as pissed off as someone can be with a dislocated jaw. He shoves Busy Hernan aside and digs around in the glovebox, pulling out a ZippoTM lighter and reaching into his back pocket.

Uh oh...

...looks like Corleoni Spice-a-roni is trying to make a sauce out of literally just dirt and grass! Let's see how this goes.

...After smushing together some bitter grass and half a tomato he could find in his pocket, Corleoni has something that more resembles a mashed salad than a sauce. But he puts it in a jar he happens to have with him anyway.

Gained "Sauce": It's frankly disgusting. It's also stevenly disgusting, and perhaps even gregly disgusting.

...Terry Pin continues to lay on the ground, hoping a turtle pal comes to him in his time of need. He is thoroughly disappointed.

Righty is pissed. First, they don't use exact change. Next, they delay his bus route. THEN, they fucking BREAK the bus. And when he tries to leave, they run after him? Bullshit. And now he stands back in his beloved bus. Bleeding from where his left arm used to be. Unable to talk, even if he wanted to. Thankfully he never does, but still. And now his bus is even more fucked up. It ends.

NOW.

...He grabs all four sticks of dynamite, twisting the fuses together and lighting them all as a group. He attempts to grin maniacally at the man who just dislocated his jaw, but...yknow. Kinda hard now. However, Busy Hernan's antics within the bus catch his eye.

He makes gestures as if to say "Really? You steal my fucking radio right in front of me?" but once again it's kinda hard with one arm. Righty chucks the bundle of dynamite at Hernan, only for the smooth criminal to pull a move straight out of the "Oldest Tricks in the Book" book, the one he keeps in his bathroom at home. In one fluid motion, he grabs the bundle out of midair, dives out of the bus, and chucks the dynamite straight back through the broken bus window.

Tor Tiss and his buddy get to a safe distance before-

"BOOOOOOOOM"

Busy Hernan yells a few seconds too early, before:

The bus explodes in a spectacular ball of flame, sending it careening over the edge and leaving the beautiful brickwork of the castle only slightly charred!

Hearing the explosion, the purple-hardly-robed woman shows up in the window again.

"Damn. Okay then. I think that was pretty decent. C'mon in. Oh, and don't forget to loot the corpses. You wouldn't believe what kinds of shit people bring to a fight."

At that moment, the wooden doors open, inviting everyone in. Well, not really. They're doors. They can't invite people. C'mon, don't be silly.

Loot:
Revolver
Righty's Left
A Spare Tire
Shiny Hubcap

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2016, 11:19:30 pm »

I run in circles looking for more seals, before rushing inside as the Seal Clubbing rage wears off.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2016, 01:02:09 am »

Professor Kobosh being a man of principles, he does not take loot that is not somebody else's, and simply enters the castle.

As he walks, he performs some gentle maintenance on his accordion. Maybe wiping the blood off. A few scales to check it still works sort of mostly ok.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2016, 01:18:03 am »

Tor Tiss grabs the Shiny Hubcap to use as a shield before checking around for more turtles to tame. Afterwards, he'll head inside with the others.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

dylanamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2016, 02:08:39 am »

"Hmm, with the luck I'm having I could sure use a hand from someone!"

Pick up Righty's left, then head toward the doors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2016, 03:29:57 am »

"Can't get enough."

Grab that Revolver. And also the Spare Tire if nobody else wants it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2016, 01:11:45 pm »

Follow the group inside. Also, is the sauce disgusting enough to be weaponized? 

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Likes the Lackeys - Chapter 1.95: The Naughty Sorceress
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2016, 11:32:44 pm »

Meanwhile, amongst the spoils of war...

Tor Tiss, Terry Pin, and Busy Hernan all remember the age old phrase 'To The Victor Go The Spoils'. They quickly change the names to Victor and collect their winnings.

Once Victor Tiss picks up the Shiny Hubcap, Victor Pin scoops up Righty's Left, and Busy Victor swipes both the Revolver and the Spare Tire, they quickly change their names back.

Everyone charges inside the castle. Well, Dyler charges since he's still suffering from his rage, but everyone else just kinda walks. As soon as they enter the castle, however, the doors slam shut behind them. Tor Tiss's turtle buddy quickly hides in its shell.

The lights go out, and spotlight shines down on one side of a split staircase going up the back of the room. Someone clears their through from the darkness, and the spotlight shifts over to the other side, lighting up the bright purple "robes" of the woman from before. She hops onto the banister, sliding down and jumping off to land directly in front of the group.

"I'm impressed. I expected so many more people to respond to that message. Anyway, since you guys decided the first thing you'd do was slaughter my best lackeys, I'm unfortunately going to have to demote you from 'Personal Assistants' down to 'Errand Boys'. I know, it sucks, but tough tits."

Taking a moment to glare at everyone individually, she then runs out of sight of the group and wheels in a large whiteboard. Yes, a whiteboard. Not a blackboard. Fuck those things. They make everyone ears hurt and are too goddamn dusty. She sketches out a map of Loathing, circling both the Desert Beach and the Seaside Town.

"I'm running low on drinks. Not that crappy Imp Ale shit you can get from beating up basically anyone over in the Deep Woods, no, I'm running low on the good shit, I'm talking Backwoods Screwdrivers, Flamin' Whatshisnames, and a few bottles of Laundry Sherry. Now, you can really only get that stuff at the Mall out in the Desert Beach. You'd probably have to get a meatcar off some schlub in Seaside Town, plus, like, a shitload of meat because god knows I don't pay for that stuff."

She then circles The Big Mountains.

"Now, your other option is just beating people, creatures...a few things, and taking these from them. That's usually my method. By which I mean I usually send gremlins like you guys out to do it for me. Anyway, I know Laundry Sherry was a favourite of ol' Spookyraven, and his house still stands out in Seaside Town. Just be careful there, because it's right between those do-gooder clans. Ech. The other two things I usually get from the Big Mountains. Backwoods Screwdrivers are preferred by the workers mulling around in the Orc Chasm. Easy enough to get to. Now, luckily, the Red Zeppelin is moored right now, and a lot of those protestors that gather around there like to use Flamin' Whatshisnames as firebombs to try and bring the stupid blimp down."

She kicks the blackboard, sending it rolling away and landing somewhere nearby with a CRASH. She looks at everyone as if they were crazy, which really isn't too much of a stretch.

"So? C'mon, get on it, I already told you everything. It's a long walk so I'll get someone to carry you or something if you want, but that's it, alright?"

Turning away, she waves her arms and the doors open up again, and another squadron of bugbears starts running at the group. Instead of attacking, though, each one picks up one of the adventurers and carries them out of the castle, setting them down outside as the door close once more. They kinda just...stand there, as if awaiting orders.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2016, 12:37:39 am »

We're in the lair of the naughty princess?

Anyway, let's get our bugbears to bring us to desert sands, then we'll loot the place. She never said that was an option, but it seems like one.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2016, 12:38:55 am »

Tor Tiss asks the bugbears to help him find more turtles on the way to wherever they go.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2016, 07:15:43 am »

Busy Hernan begins his antiheroic monologue to the others.

"Together, we will love the beach! Together, we will learn and teach! Together, change our pace of life! Together, we will work and strive!"

His eyes shimmer feverishly like mirror balls in a crowded discotheque as he makes three seconds of eye contact with each of his associates, and two seconds with each of the bugbears.

"I love you, I know you love me; I want you happy and carefree. And that's why I have no protest when you say you want to GO WEST!"

Launch into refrain as an instruction is given.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2016, 08:09:08 am »

We're in the lair of the naughty princess?

Anyway, let's get our bugbears to bring us to desert sands, then we'll loot the place. She never said that was an option, but it seems like one.

The bugbears grumble, as if to tell you that's too far for them to carry you. They then try to do some kind of interpretive...dance....charade thing? Anyway, they basically tell you you'll need a meatcar since you destroyed the only bus to the Desert Beach.

Spoiler: Options (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2016, 08:21:21 am »

Professor Kobosh listens with great interest for upwards of several seconds, and then gets to the important question. Where are the accordions? He strides distinguishedly into a shadow.

Search for accordions for as long as I can until stopped. When accordions or musical instruments of any species are found, steal them. Use extreme accordion prejudice to defend myself and my thievery when and wherever necessary. Extreme accordion prejudice or running away.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7