Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Depressed Vampires  (Read 722 times)

CrundleHorn

• Bay Watcher
  • CrundleHorn
    • View Profile
Depressed Vampires
« on: September 06, 2016, 12:55:14 pm »

So one of my young dwarven lasses got frustrated with life at my fort and decided to throw a little tantrum. She blew off her steam in the temple, toppling one of the statues. The God of iron was very upset with this and immediately turned her into a vampire. The funny part for me is the fact that she was depressed and as a vampire she shouldn't have emotions anymore right? Also, she might be trying to starve herself to death, but doesn't need to eat or drink right? Can vampires starve or lose their mind the way normal dwarves do?
CrundleHorn

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Depressed Vampires
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »

Nah, vampires have no eat/drink/sleep/breathe, but not no feel. (Heck, outside of DF vampires are pretty often quite dramatic now that I think about it)

Non-mooded dwarves can totally go insane, even if they're cursed. This can result in wacky pet werecreatures :v

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 01:12:56 pm »

New day care now has built in temples awaiting kid tantrums toppling statues for fun curses.

CrundleHorn

• Bay Watcher
  • CrundleHorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 07:48:07 pm »

It was the first time I had anyone cursed, but I guess you could make factory line vampires if you keep your dwarves unhappy enough. A depressed vampire seems useless though. Just wandering around, sad as hell, trying to kill itself to no avail.
CrundleHorn

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 04:22:12 am »

It was the first time I had anyone cursed, but I guess you could make factory line vampires if you keep your dwarves unhappy enough. A depressed vampire seems useless though. Just wandering around, sad as hell, trying to kill itself to no avail.

Can you blame them? Life sucks.
 :D