Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 30487 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - You'll be fine, honest!
« Reply #345 on: October 09, 2016, 01:24:32 pm »

Yeah, think that satisfies a self defense clause. Or rather a first aggression clause. Which is true to his word, and taking an undefended province isn't exactly aggression.
Shrugs
You kinda poked a bear at that point to be honest, over a province held for a turn or two.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 09, 2016, 01:28:38 pm »

Meh, if he'd sent any word to me, I would've said I was sorry and/or given him gems or gold - but he didn't. And despite the fact that I was obviously not making any kind of hostile actions towards him, he sent his entire army against me.

Again, if he wants to use that single 'attack' as justification to go batshit on me, that's fine, but I'm pretty sure he would've hit someone soon regardless - he's got this game wrapped up, and he knows it.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 09, 2016, 01:35:29 pm »

Alternatively you coulda asked for it. Or asked to buy it back. As far as tasteir targets go, he woulda been able to hit C'tis as well. Honestly, the moment someone puts out a set of terms and acts like a mercantile union it should be your big clue you're dealing with word over spirit of the law.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 09, 2016, 01:35:46 pm »

Anything more is a complete fabrication, and just shows that ThtblovesDF is getting bored sitting on his haunches when he rightly should've won turns ago.

As a useless fluff nation, I'll set myelf these rules and try to roleplay a little by them:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did he stop following his rules? If not, he doesn't appear to have given himself permission to win. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 09, 2016, 01:42:29 pm »

well,
Low Army size
certainly isn't true - he's had the biggest army in the game for multiple turns now.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2016, 03:24:22 pm »

Oh the attack was most certainly because of the assault on my province (which I let him take to allow his counter-attack or whatever on eriu back then) - the attack with the mercs that followed wasn't discussed in any capacity and does statisfy my clause fully.

As for the other thing; It's not a army, its a collection of magical beings working in union against a preceived aggressor. But yeah, its pushing it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 09, 2016, 05:28:54 pm »

What about the enchantment that allows all units to enter the sea?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2016, 06:25:08 pm »

There's a global spell, blessings of thetis that works. Alternatively, if people have the gems to spare +5 I can possibly look into making people barrels of air, though sea king's cup works fine. Not that I expect underwater combat to be the determining factor in this game.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 09, 2016, 06:56:14 pm »

Turn appears stuck with all 2h files in, for quite a while now. I'm leaving it be right now and will attempt to force/troubleshot tommorow.

Extremly well done AlStar, it seems all it takes is one Rain of Stones to Smash the Ry'leh myth ; )

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:58:16 am by ThtblovesDF »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #354 on: October 10, 2016, 10:12:46 am »

Wowsers. Curious as to how that works. I too want a single unit to devastate armies!

Also, the game was updated from 4.26 to 4.27. What happens now with Llamaserver?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 10, 2016, 11:43:08 am »

To be fair, 70 of those were soulless, another 72 were 5g lobo guards, and most of the rest were animals of one sort or another. His commanders got off almost unharmed - only killed 2 175g slave mages, 1 85g star child, a captain, and a commander soulless. Didn't manage to get any starspawn.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2016, 12:35:04 pm »

Wowsers. Curious as to how that works. I too want a single unit to devastate armies!

Also, the game was updated from 4.26 to 4.27. What happens now with Llamaserver?
Llamaserver should handle things fine. I also think this update didn't change any game data we're using so it should be fine regardless.

As far as how to pull stuff off like that, some spells are battlefield wide. The big ones off the top of my head are falling stones and earthquake. Of course, with a spell like that it's important to make sure your mage can survive casting it, since it is battlefield wide. High protection units would likely survive both spells, and floating/flying units would survive earthquake.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2016, 02:27:11 pm »

Who did that? Who was it that ruined my high score? Ma-mian the geomancer was only at 164 kills.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2016, 05:47:46 pm »

Growing paranoia makes me think C'tis is massing a army with water-fighting ability, T'chi is taking thrones (but that will take a while with "only" one army and I'm going to lose vs Shinuyama on land.

I still feel I'm sticking a little to the rules, a fully competetive ry'leh with the gems I have would most likly have several mean globals up, like;

Burden of Time

and

Wrath of the Sea

I do have direct access to 3 Capitals, any real assault would just be taking those out for the players and destroying them down to 0 population if possible (sorry caluem, I just wanted population :/ ) or joining any winning side in a landwar.

Ry'leh dicking around in the ocean forever and then coming to land (well only to certain lands) should've been a given. Maybe Caluem will send a force to help out there old enemy? Many intresting options.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:03:19 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2016, 07:03:59 pm »

Once again, Caelum gets targeted by clouds of disease coming from we know not where, though we suspect C'tis, given their penchant for it.

What have the Winged ever done to deserve this, we do not know.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27