Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 30496 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - You'll be fine, honest!
« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2016, 09:16:01 pm »

Edit: Game over btw. The poll's telling ThtblovesDF that winning by wishing for genocide repeatedly is socially acceptable.

Extremly tempting, but I continue to stick to my previously set guidelines. (Regardless of how much I want to purge...)

I can relate, going underwater as any Land based Nation is hell and as long as I Block thevl 3 Throne, any Victory by Thrones will be hard...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 07, 2016, 10:52:18 pm »

Can you wish for a Rimtursar?

Edit: Ouch. How are actions ordered when turns are resolved? It seems that assaulting a castle is resolved after an army moves into the tile.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:32:57 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 08, 2016, 05:19:30 am »

Rimtursar? No.

http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Turn_resolution_sequence

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ugh, I certainly lost wars to not knowing that mess by myself.

So basically, Spells first + Recruitmet - THEN - All friendly movement (into friendly area), then all other movement is done;

As for the turn, holy beatdown C'tis - then again "normal" troops with upkeep cost are so Turn 38...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:10:07 am by ThtblovesDF »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 08, 2016, 01:38:24 pm »

Hope that wasn't too rude of me getting in my turn late after being the last to turn a turn in. Needed some time to rest properly.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #319 on: October 08, 2016, 05:47:04 pm »

Hope that wasn't too rude of me getting in my turn late after being the last to turn a turn in. Needed some time to rest properly.

Nope, not rude! Again, taking care of yourself is the most important thing :D As I am becoming fond of saying, life is a marathon, not a sprint!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 08, 2016, 06:45:01 pm »

Thanks for the list, Thtb.

What are some counters to earthquake? I think that's what is most devastating my army (along with a lack of strong magic, but I think I have some ideas on that front.) I don't think it's viable for me to empower a caster to cast mass flight. I haven't had much luck fielding tougher units, nor in fielding units fast enough to reach their front line before the spell is cast.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 08, 2016, 06:59:01 pm »

Mass flight is the obvious answer, although gift of flight (cast multiple times) could potentially work... fog warriors should also do it, but if you don't have the air magic to cast gift of flight, that won't help you any...

Otherwise, you're looking for ways to make your troops less mushy - marble warriors, army of lead/gold... even something like mass protection should help.

edit: remembering that you seem to have a bunch of death magic - maybe Life after Death?  Your troops will still die, but they'll come right back as soulless (probably not an upgrade from what they were, but at least you won't auto-route.)

edit^2: Stygian Rains? I mean, then no one will die, but I suspect the battle would end in a stalemate.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:04:12 pm by AlStar »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 08, 2016, 07:00:01 pm »

Thanks a ton, I appreciate the advice.
I've played some mafia.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 08, 2016, 07:01:13 pm »

Some counters to earthquake... liquid body, mist form, flyers, ethereal, high hp units, really high protection units. Being a bit more sneaky, if you can fire off a battlefield harming spell before the quake goes off is a possible way of getting around it, assuming flimsy communions. Main thing is how many turns you have to work with for it to work, because the shortest time it takes a communion to fire off earthquake is 2 turns. 1 turn to set up a communion, and then casting flight and earthquake in the next turn. It also takes as many gems to fire off earthquake 5 times against 100 units each as it does against 500 units each in turns of army, assuming you wanna go the stalinist route of army management.

and ninja'd

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 08, 2016, 07:09:41 pm »

Theoretical first turn - 4x slave matricies at 5S 5A gems each, 2x crystal matricies at 5S 5A gems each, and earth boots.

I've just been going for the third turn, since I have far more tempting uses for air gems and don't feel safe timing the mass flight before earthquakes ... But is the order they cast spells the same order as they appear in the list of boxes on the strategic map view?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2016, 07:11:45 pm »

is the order they cast spells the same order as they appear in the list of boxes on the strategic map view?
yes.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 08, 2016, 07:18:25 pm »

Oh nice. That means I don't even need slave matricies to get a turn 1 earthquake.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 08, 2016, 07:21:10 pm »

We may have created a monster, but as long as people are learning I am okay with this.

Oh yeah, I should respond to this

Nope, not rude! Again, taking care of yourself is the most important thing :D As I am becoming fond of saying, life is a marathon, not a sprint!
Part of the apology is that I don't want people feeling like I'm dragging a high stress game out longer than it needs to be dragged out. Don't think that's fun mindgames, so I'll at least mention what's up if something unusual is going on. I do appreciate people being understanding at least.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:27:03 pm by chaoticag »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 08, 2016, 07:54:24 pm »

Now to turn my learnings towards "how to slaughter Ry'leh."

I think it probably involves bane venom charms everywhere while they wish me dead?
Hmm, no, that wouldn't work. Everyone in my scout training province turned into goo and drained into the sea.

Oh well. I'll just have to send some heavy infantry into the sea. It'll work. I just have to believe hard enough.

Edit: Is someone trying to hit my army with a bane venom charm? It's a little slow.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:57:18 pm by Nirur Torir »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 08, 2016, 08:02:27 pm »

Not to discourage your visit in anyway, but as you know I have a simple code that doesn't allow me to attack anyone that didn't attack me.

Regardless, as my army-size-chart indicates, I have been waiting for this for a while. You get to throw the first strike ; )
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27