Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 30468 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - You'll be fine, honest!
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2016, 08:04:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's Shinuyama with plague charms. I have two sitting in the same province, and they didn't feeblemind my mage who probed the province. (Probably not C'tis because of the direction they took getting to me.)

Step up patrols. A lot.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2016, 09:02:37 pm »

Nah, I've got better things to do than run around with bane charms - I've also got shit-all death gem production.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2016, 09:17:33 pm »

It's probably C'tie' dominion. Not intentional, sorry.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 11, 2016, 02:30:26 am »

Black Servant is a 5 death Gem (death 2 to cast) dude that can carry charms just fine. (And I think he can go underwater, too!) - at the same time, C'tis is admitly pushing his Domain disgustingly hard.

I can see Shinuyamas Mountain King slowly coming to liberate his lands and I do not like it.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #364 on: October 11, 2016, 08:50:10 am »

Yeah... whenever C'tis is in a game, I've learned to push for construction 4 or 6 so I can make disease healing items.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 11, 2016, 09:55:08 am »

Also whenever c'tis is in game consider putting temple clauses in any dealings with them from non-aggression pacts to peace treaties.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 11, 2016, 11:11:11 am »

Whenever C'tis is in a game, I've learned to murder the fuck out of them.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2016, 11:15:39 am »

Black Servant is a 5 death Gem (death 2 to cast) dude that can carry charms just fine.

Indy scouts work just fine for this. Sure, they'll die off, but by then they'll either be caught or pass their BVC off to another scout. This also lets you save your amethyst for more important things, like even more BVCs.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 11, 2016, 06:23:02 pm »

Shinuyama went AI, which seems a shame as he still has all the possiblies (And two mountain kings I can't deal with currently).

Also, you may all be pleased to hear that my pretender is slowly dieing to increasingly horrible-horror attacks, mostly because his many-many bodyguards never show up... and the spells in his list are ignored...

_______

Sidenote: Anyone bordering Shinuyama should most likly attack them now and take some territory, it would be silly to leave it all to me. It seems no gems or items where moved either, so there is plenty to gain for your work, including two fully kitted Mountain King SCs (unused?).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:09:19 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 11, 2016, 08:05:51 pm »

... and the spells in his list are ignored...
I thought that was standard for assassinations.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 11, 2016, 08:42:34 pm »

You keep making so much about the mountain kings - they both nearly died in the big fight against Eiru - if my communions hadn't decided to hit them with heals, they both would've died then and there.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #371 on: October 13, 2016, 09:57:14 am »

How DOES one deal with Mountain Kings? I mean, damn, they are rampaging in my lands and there's nothing I can seem to do.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 13, 2016, 11:33:42 am »

How DOES one deal with Mountain Kings? I mean, damn, they are rampaging in my lands and there's nothing I can seem to do.
Assuming that they're wearing the same kit that I gave them (don't know if the AI fools around with that any), you'll want to avoid fighting them hand-to-hand with anything not using armor piercing weapons - they're both very heavily armored. They naturally regenerate, so you need to output a lot of damage in a short amount of time.

Eiru nearly managed to kill them with Frozen Heart spam. The combination of damage and fatigue got both down to "just one more cast and he's down" level several turns running. Looking at your magic paths, it looks like you could try the same thing with just massed 45g Ice Crafters.

Alternatively, maybe aim + lightning bolt? You'd want a lot of mages doing it, but lightning bolts pack quite a punch.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2016, 12:29:55 pm »

What about assassin spam with items that horror mark?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »

Anvil most likly doesn't have the time or astral for horror mark spam - the gear is the same, but the AI has choosen to remove the Astral mage that was walking around with them and Vengenace of the Dead is a thing.

Someone stoped casting a lot of spells, since the last 2 turns my Astral Nexus has lost like 70% of its production, so ... what are you saving up for?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27