Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 30475 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - You'll be fine, honest!
« Reply #330 on: October 08, 2016, 08:05:28 pm »

Depending on how you define 'attack', the whole throwing around population killing mega spells might qualify.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 08, 2016, 08:07:32 pm »

"I can't attack you, only depopulate the world until someone let's me counter-attack them."

Right.
Lizard ninjas, man.

Well, countering vast swarms of troops using no earthquakes or archers and limited mages. This'll be fun.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 08, 2016, 08:07:45 pm »

I was just going to mention that the army size graphs have been worrying me over the last couple of turns (you know, along with the research, gem income, income, and forts graphs...)

While I don't think that Ry'leh can win with his stated vow of neutrality, I don't think any of us can either.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 08, 2016, 08:09:34 pm »

Hm. There's always the possibility that somebody is paying R'lyeh to throw around the megadeath spells. Not likely to have been Caelum or T'ien Ch'i, though.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 08, 2016, 08:12:10 pm »

Now to turn my learnings towards "how to slaughter Ry'leh."

I think it probably involves bane venom charms everywhere while they wish me dead?
Hmm, no, that wouldn't work. Everyone in my scout training province turned into goo and drained into the sea.

Oh well. I'll just have to send some heavy infantry into the sea. It'll work. I just have to believe hard enough.

Edit: Is someone trying to hit my army with a bane venom charm? It's a little slow.

Metric asstons of mindless units commanded by a mindless commander (If you're not MA Agartha or LA Atlantis, that means a golem, or a unit you turned into a commander).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 08, 2016, 08:46:05 pm »

Well technically ... all population movement was just that, movement from one province to another - they are in a better place now ; ) and certainly not dead. Not sure how one adapts to the live underwater or if they have all become Waterworld-actors, but they pay tax.

Underwater I would hold a serious advantage ( I mean, you guys don't even bother to get a scout underwater with a ring of water-breathing ... ), just another reason to leave the first strike to someone else.

I expected Nirur Torir to actually slaughter C'tis for his attack, but apperently he prefers me.

A little off-note; I think I'm getting blamed for every global-harmful-spell cast in the entire game, even if I make up like, 30% of them at most. For example, I only ever cast one (paid for) Tidal-wave - if you got hit by one and your not lizards, it wasn't me.

If one would go full try hard, I would just teleport some guys on the really poorly defended throne provinces (afterall one "only" needs 7 points to win).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:57:59 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 09, 2016, 07:14:43 am »

After much thought, I realize that the only chance to beat Ry'leh militarily is a massive global strike and a hilariously overcharged Thetis' Blessing. Even if we won then, it would feel like Ry'leh only let us win.

I'm really not having fun anymore. I'm a builder, and the ease with which provinces can be permakilled hurts. I don't think Dominions MP is for me. I also don't like kicking people while they're down.

Dropping out now, so close to the end, when Anvilfolk and Cheeetar haven't, feels wrong. What is there to do, but form a new cult, The Ry'leh Victory cult, and beat people up in their name?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 09, 2016, 07:31:58 am »

You stand a decent chance of victory if instead of facing against R'lyeh you blasted through mine and Caelum's provinces, then set your sights on the thrones owned by Eriu and Shinuyama. I won't hold it against you; my time in the sun ended with my inability to adapt to the lategame.
I've played some mafia.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 09, 2016, 07:45:45 am »

Cheeetar (thoase are a lot of e's) is right, you can win without fighting me and you can win real fast by taking the lvl 3 throne from me.

Also, I would also respond with a rediciously overcast sea of ice ; ) - which would lock me out from the throne, too, so maybe thats not to bad? We might also have to reconsider letting you keep that global.

Currently, as the scores suggest, I might be at 150% power of someone else, but there are still a lot of players and a lot of area to claim. If even 2-3 of you ally, you can eat up the others and then me, fairly easily. I had to spend many many gems to ensure there is no superior winner in your wars so far, afterall infighting keeps me strong, but anyone winning a lot of territory would make him to strong.

Intresting things are coming next turn anyway.

*Edit: Adjusted the Poll for your planning pleasure.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:50:48 am by ThtblovesDF »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #339 on: October 09, 2016, 09:17:41 am »

For the record, I truly don't mind getting roflstomped. I've thoroughly enjoyed the roleplaying and the diplomacy. This was about a story for me, not about winning! It's been a ton of fun - don't you worry about whatever you did to Caelum!

That said, if you want out, that's totally OK too :)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 09, 2016, 12:05:08 pm »

Alright, you talked me into it. I'll go doomstack a few thrones.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 09, 2016, 12:51:00 pm »

I think my next few turns will likely be a formality for me at this rate. Shinuyama is losing the game however, so I'm satisfied. I'll try and have it so my turns wrap up faster than they have been.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 09, 2016, 01:05:57 pm »

So glad that when Ry'leh's famed neutrality was broken, it decided to shit all over me, and no one else.

Ah well, I won another big battle against Eriu (although, once again, virtually all of his commanders escape) so that's something.

I think I may just go AI - there's no way I can beat Ry'leh.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 09, 2016, 01:12:44 pm »

Well, the message I got was you attempted to attack them. Not sure what that was all about.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 09, 2016, 01:19:28 pm »

The only thing I can imagine that was even close to 'attacking' them was sending a single set of mercs to re-take the underwater province which I held, then Eriu took, then Ry'leh took. Which failed, at any rate.

Anything more is a complete fabrication, and just shows that ThtblovesDF is getting bored sitting on his haunches when he rightly should've won turns ago.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27